Sign in to follow this  
Skotti

First actual try.

like right now, Intel's new i5 2500k outperforms phenom's top of the line x6, both around the same price...

Are there any 6 core optimized programs or games right now? Not really. I rest my case.

>has a bunch of 1 egg reviews, gg

Seasonic has 5 eggs only if youre going by reviews.

I'll give it a 3/5, since I've built 2 computers with it, and one was DOA, so MYEH.

Also to Skotti's Antec question, 300 is a solid case, like it *almost* as much as my Lian-Li. Build my brother's and a friend's computer with it.

Are there any 6 core optimized programs or games right now? Not really. I rest my case.

i just wanted Skotti to say whether he wanted it to be futureproof(6 core?, maybe future gaming wants 6 core?), and whether he want to be doing other things too (rendering photoshop and taking a break to game etc), and his budget etc

and since he doesn't want to say anything besides "OHHH I WANT SOMETHING TO GAME WITH", whatever..... the 6 core 980 comes to mind since it is/was intel's best, to respond to Skotti's "I WANT TO GAME" attitude

the 6 core 980 comes to mind since it is/was intel's best, to respond to Skotti's "I WANT TO GAME" attitude

I don't see how anyone Skotti's age is going to be able to spend over a grand on a processor alone.

(inb4 OH, IT'S ONLY $999.99)

Hey, remember when you got all high and mighty on your "Computer Knowledge of Building" horse and told me the PSU I picked was shit and I bought it anyway and continue to abuse it daily and it runs perfectly? I do.

make me lol

I only recommend the best that you can get for your money. I do alot of research on each part i purchase. I dont settle for #2

I only recommend the best that you can get for your money. I do alot of research on each part i purchase. I dont settle for #2

I didn't settle brah, I did my research and found that it was a good modular PSU for the price. I'm quite happy with it. You just get really angry when someone picks something that you didn't suggest. It's understandable.

i have had both intel and amd cpu's. i would go for intel but they are more money. i had a phenom II x4 955, but it fried out. so now im using and 945. i would get at least a quad core. you are spending kind of a lot of money and if you buy a dual core, you will be upgrading in no time. for the price to performance, go for a amd quad core. and for those people saying that the i7's are better. benchmarks mean nothing, only real world situations mean something. even if you get 5 more fps in games using a i7. is it worth it? even when you encode videos, i7's arent that much better if at all.

and @ turkish rambo. you can never have the best. that is imposable. when you buy a computer part it is outdated within a few days or weeks. i bought an ati hd 4890 and within 1 month they had released the 5xxx series and within 1 year of that they released the 6xxx series. you will never have the best of the best. unless you are an atm, and buy new parts weekly.

i have had both intel and amd cpu's. i would go for intel but they are more money. i had a phenom II x4 955, but it fried out. so now im using and 945. i would get at least a quad core. you are spending kind of a lot of money and if you buy a dual core, you will be upgrading in no time. for the price to performance, go for a amd quad core. and for those people saying that the i7's are better. benchmarks mean nothing, only real world situations mean something. even if you get 5 more fps in games using a i7. is it worth it? even when you encode videos, i7's arent that much better if at all.

and @ turkish rambo. you can never have the best. that is imposable. when you buy a computer part it is outdated within a few days or weeks. i bought an ati hd 4890 and within 1 month they had released the 5xxx series and within 1 year of that they released the 6xxx series. you will never have the best of the best. unless you are an atm, and buy new parts weekly.

Hey artard. ITS A POWER SUPPLY, they can lasts for years until they somehow change the industry standards. Its the best for his price range, and currently on the market. PSU's dont get outdated unless they get replaced by an updated model.

@ clay When did i get mad? Any "anger" i displayed wasn't serious.

Oh well, ill let him choose. All i am saying is that the PSU i recommend is higher quality, and cheaper. Kthx

Haha, this would have been the same computer I would have ended up getting. Was going to unlock an X3 instead though, and I was going to pick up that RAM when it was $55 off but got some mushkin silverline instead. crazy

mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo mobo

Yeah, everything was fine really except the video card.

also, GOT MY ANTEC P183 v3 YESTERDAY.

OH SO SEXY. :D Pics later

edit: oh didnt even realize this thread is really old and ive posted already lol

slowest build ever. lol shouldve jsut saved and purchased all at once :s.... unless youre not ordering and getting it straight from the store.