Sign in to follow this  
lilspanky

Stupid Motherboard

So i wanted to build a new pc and was kinda on a budget so i decided to just pick, buy, and build. I shouldve done my research alot more on my motherboard...I got the Asus M2N-E SLI, its a nforce 500 amd. I love this motherboard but what i found was astonishing. VS a nforce4 sli x16 the performance diff is almost nothing. They say this motherboard is nforce4 on steroids. http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2764 I got this mainly for 3 reason. It was an Asus product, cheap, and it supported SLI. The thing is for Now atleast, i have one video card. But the issue is that the pci-e x16 slot that say X16 does not even run at that speed. It runs at x8 so my video card is bottlenecked. I'm so flamed. So i get half of the performance out of my video card. Another thing is, the onboard audio is shit and doesnt even work. Ill be getting a nforce 590 amd later. Well it was cheap though. >.>

Guest Fohacidal

From what I know on most motherboards that have x16 slots running at x8 all you have to do is configure the settings once your actually in the OS. Some cards run their x16 slots at x8 by default.

Are you running Vista or XP? Vista totally fucked up how they do sound, so a lot of mobo's dont offer sound support for vista nowadays. Make sure you check out the details before committing to something.

ya, im running stupid vista "ultimate" 64 bit. its the only OS microsoft is having trouble with. The thing is I got the dvd pack 32 & 64 bit package for only 40 at a microsoft convention and wanted to experiment with it. Well mainly was looking for a 64 bit. At the time i couldnt find xp 64 or profess 64 bit.

From what I know on most motherboards that have x16 slots running at x8 all you have to do is configure the settings once your actually in the OS. Some cards run their x16 slots at x8 by default.

Are you sure? I know for sure my card runs at x16 as i got the same video card as my friend. He gets 250-320 frames while i get a weak sauce 70-120. Its the motherboard that is the problem. Nforce 500 SLIamdchartyl4.png

If you CAN somehow change the configuration if possible to run at x16 can you tell me how? Although i dont think u can with this motherboard. If u can i would be saved

Guest Fohacidal

Trying searching it on google, I myself have never had this problem, and my motherboard actually has nforce 680i

Trying searching it on google, I myself have never had this problem, and my motherboard actually has nforce 680i

PLZ throw ur proccesor away ITS GARBAGE INTEL FTW get a 650 or 680i NFORCE MOBO with INTEL QUAD

PLZ throw ur proccesor away ITS GARBAGE INTEL FTW get a 650 or 680i NFORCE MOBO with INTEL QUAD

lol AMD is nice for people who don't have alot of money. Why would they set the x16 at 8x? Thats odd....

DO NOT COME INTO THREADS AND START FLAMING. lilspanky had a computer problem, so if you dont have a solution or something relevant to say, DO NOT POST.