Sign in to follow this  
centran

!lr script discussion

Long post....

I am not sure what peoples emotions are about having a !lr script. I tried searching the forums and discovered about a year ago it was tried but was unstable, lagged, and didn't work right because the script was designed for EventScripts which the server doesn't run.

Now before I get into it I will just say that I don't want to take away custom LR. That will always be an option and in fact I am thinking of ways to integrate it.

The famous Hosties LR has been converted over to SourceMod(which the servers use). So the issue about unstable and lag should be solved.

The only issue I can think of is customizing it to our needs.

I am willing and interested in coding a customized verision of Hosties for sG

The first thing I would want to change is to add a !warden command. The first person to use that command is granted warden and will be able to access the warden menu for the rest of the round. I was thinking of putting a limit so if you claim warden for a certain amount of rounds you will have to wait 5-10 seconds next round to try and claim it again.

The warden menu will allow the warden to do such things as pardon a rebeller(as rebeller are turned red by the current script), accept/deny LR, pass warden on.

I have several other ideas but to keep this short I just wanted to know peoples thoughts and reaction to putting on a !lr. Also if the staff would even be willing to try something like this.

I know a lot of people like custom LR and this is not meant to say it sucks and take it away. I know emotions are strong with this. Custom LR would still be an option. I just want to enhance gameplay and make it easier on admins(as some of my ideas would involve automating common custom LR admin commands like beaconing NR).

Long post....

I am not sure what peoples emotions are about having a !lr script. I tried searching the forums and discovered about a year ago it was tried but was unstable, lagged, and didn't work right because the script was designed for EventScripts which the server doesn't run.

Now before I get into it I will just say that I don't want to take away custom LR. That will always be an option and in fact I am thinking of ways to integrate it.

The famous Hosties LR has been converted over to SourceMod(which the servers use). So the issue about unstable and lag should be solved.

The first thing I would want to change is to add a !warden command. The first person to use that command is granted warden and will be able to access the warden menu for the rest of the round. I was thinking of putting a limit so if you claim warden for a certain amount of rounds you will have to wait 5-10 seconds next round to try and claim it again.

The warden menu will allow the warden to do such things as pardon a rebeller(as rebeller are turned red by the current script), accept/deny LR, pass warden on.

I have several other ideas but to keep this short I just wanted to know peoples thoughts and reaction to putting on a !lr. Also if the staff would even be willing to try something like this.

I know a lot of people like custom LR and this is not meant to say it sucks and take it away. I know emotions are strong with this. Custom LR would still be an option. I just want to enhance gameplay and make it easier on admins(as some of my ideas would involve automating common custom LR admin commands like beaconing NR).

I think it's worth a shot.

I mean if we are able to customize it however we want it would be pretty cool.

I really like the !warden command except I don't think that the first person to type it should get warden. We would need to develop a different system...

Never liked the !lr command. Too structured and unnecessary.

Yeah usually with the !lr command servers have the plugin where it notifies everyone when you rebel and everything, i hate that.

I'd rather have the free open-endedness our server has, we let anyone who wants to be warden, be warden. We also allow creativity in LRs and what not. I'd rather have any script added to our JB server.

Long post....

No

Well the reason for the !warden command is to give everyone a chance to be warden not to completely restrict someone from doing so. Whoever types !warden first gets it and if they have been warden for 2 rounds in a row then they can't !warden until 5-10 seconds into the round. So if no one else wants it then they can reclaim warden. Also you can pass it so if everyone is like you suck then the warden can pass it to someone better. Also it would allow wardens to clearly pardon rebelers. What sometimes happens now is... T: "Can I come out" Warden: "Sure come out" ... ... *BAM* I said come out not you where pardoned, lol.

I was also thinking the warden could get a floating icon above their head to better identify them.

The whole red rebels thing can be turned off. I came up with the warden idea to pardon and change them back from red. Also, I don't like that any T that kills a CT is a rebel so I would want to change it if they only kill a CT with a gun.

As I have stated many times. I do not intend for this to remove Custom LR. That would stay. What would change is the !lr would have options one of which is custom LR. Then after a selection is made for ANY LR the warden would get a menu that says accept or deny. I don't want to take that away from the warden.

But anyway... unless a couple other people come in of support to this idea then I think I am going to ask for this to be closed and trashed. The people have spoken and it is what I thought; They hate the idea of any form of Hosties !LR. I just wanted to confirm this was the case.

Having more 'structure' like that will kill our server population.

The BEST thing about our server, and the reason why our server is the BEST JB server is because of the T/Rebeller-sided rules. Go to any other jailbreak server. You sit around playing games with slim-to-no chances to rebel, and its more RP than having any action.

I say keep it the way it is.

(BUT, idea is great, just not for us.)

The BEST thing about our server, and the reason why our server is the BEST JB server is because of the T/Rebeller-sided rules. Go to any other jailbreak server. You sit around playing games with slim-to-no chances to rebel, and its more RP than having any action.

This. Our server is already what top 50 most populated server.. No need for any change. As Blob said good ideas, just not for us.

Well two staff say no.

If there is any staff that are interested then speak up. Otherwise, the next staff member that see's this and wants to add to the no list then just close and/or remove this thread please. No need to keep discussing.

Well two staff say no.

If there is any staff that are interested then speak up. Otherwise, the next staff member that see's this and wants to add to the no list then just close and/or remove this thread please. No need to keep discussing.

Sorry I noticed you want it in trash, but I can't move it :X

Hopefully ADV sees it and will do it for you. There are so few staff that actually play JB.

I don't know, I think adding a little bit of structure is worth experimenting with.

There could be so much done with this that would make things run a lot smoother (less restrictions).

I don't know about the thing over the wardens head though (talk about a target for rebellers), but I do like the idea of a warden menu.

I also HATE when rebellers are colored red. You have no idea how many times I have killed CTs, gotten away with it, and eventually received LR (another example of why sG has the best JB server).

Here is an example of how badassery this script could be:

Let's say that you want an a Low Grav freeday next round, all you would have to do is select it from the menu (there would obviously be a huge selection here, and new lrs would be added all the time) and you would automatically be beaconed/ have your gravity set the next round. It would also automatically reset your gravityafter your lr was over/revoked. Another thing that could be added to the "warden menu" is the ability to take away an lr after 1:00 (I believe it is). Idk, I honestly think that if we experimented with this it would be fun. It's not like we don't have coders who could change whatever we wanted with the script. And like Centran said, there still would be an option for a custom lr, so even though the script would make LRs more structured by adding a menu and automatically doing the commands, you could still choose the option to do whatever the fuck you wanted. I have A LOT more ideas but I don't exactly think that people will care lol.

idk, I say try it out for a week and make a vote. Adding this script wouldn't add an immense amount of structure to JB, it would just make things a lot easier for admins, wardens, and cts. I know a lot of jb servers use scripts, but these scripts are meant solely for the purpose of giving the cts an advantage. This script would have little to no impact on gameplay, as it would only make Lrs and (possibly) wardening easier.

Hopefully ADV sees it and will do it for you. There are so few staff that actually play JB.

Only ADV/JCS that actually play JB is me and Oracion. I'm pretty sure no other staff member dares to venture into this server.

Only ADV/JCS that actually play JB is me and Oracion. I'm pretty sure no other staff member dares to venture into this server.

That is very true. Barely see any others. Once saw ted when he had staff for a bit, but thats probably it.

Well if no staff are the least bit interesting then this will get nowhere. I don't want to start an argument and then have people go into my recruitment thread and be like, "wants a !lr script in JB. What a fag.... no!"

Anyway, just to be clear. I do not think the hosties !lr script as it is would be a good fit for sG. I don't like certain aspects of it. However, I am not opposed to the idea of an !lr script and that is why I started this thread to see if people would be interested. Because if they were then I would modify the hosties !lr to our suiting.

How about JUST the LR system and that's it.

No !warden bullshit, no red T's, none of that.

The !lr thing on it's own would be useful, that way new players can still easily understand what an LR is.

How about JUST the LR system and that's it.

No !warden bullshit, no red T's, none of that.

The !lr thing on it's own would be useful, that way new players can still easily understand what an LR is.

Agreed nothing wrong with the system why change it.

Oracion and I*

the problem i could foresee with a system like that is, there is no order within the cts. if the warden had to type shit all the time, any t could just hop out and kill him. just my two cents