Sign in to follow this  
Dead Donkey

Moth problem.

Alright people, havent been on in a few days, but I need your advice on this "srs bsns" matter, theres pretty much been an invasion of insects (and arachnids) on my house, mostly moths, and they all seem to either be in MY bathroom, or my bedroom. I hunt em, trap em, swat em, but I dont know what to do with the bodies for one thing, hate touching those things so I just curveball them into a corner, which is now full of dead moths and random splatters on the wall. Plus ive got about three buzzing around my head right now, and its a real shocker when one lands on my damn laptop screen...

What can I do about this? Spray is basically swatting at an extra range, it doesnt make them go away, and those beepers you plug into a wall does nothing, as if they are damn super moths.

I'd appreciate the suggestions/ideas of the sG community.

Buy mothballs or call an exterminator to kill their hatchery so they won't come back.

Buy mothballs or call an exterminator to kill their hatchery so they won't come back.

This

You need to kill the eggs or they will never go away.

^This, Or...You just get one of those electric fly swatters, the ones that when an insect flies into one of them, it shocks them dead. You just make sure to get a bright one of them and put it near a trash can and tah dah, Problem will be a little less annoying. But I recommend what Naughty said.

Ah, see, I thought I had mentioned this but it seems not, I appear to be the only one experiencing the problem and my family refuse to think its at all serious, because they are constantly in my room, or the bathroom. I think, though, that because the windows are open all day, and the lights on inside both of these rooms, that they just fly in during the day and cant get out. I wouldnt know though, but again, I cant get an exterminator. As for the bug zapper, you put those outdoors.

This

You need to kill the eggs or they will never go away.

Agreed, if its that bad I'd call an exterminator

Guest Horny©at

Anyone else think of the Zerg hatchery when he said this?

Ah, see, I thought I had mentioned this but it seems not, I appear to be the only one experiencing the problem and my family refuse to think its at all serious, because they are constantly in my room, or the bathroom. I think, though, that because the windows are open all day, and the lights on inside both of these rooms, that they just fly in during the day and cant get out. I wouldnt know though, but again, I cant get an exterminator. As for the bug zapper, you put those outdoors.

Well, the problem isn't outside. Its inside.

If anything, show your parents the pile of moth roaches in the corner of your room. If that doesn't convince them, then the problem can't be that bad.

ababab1.jpg

(there was a bigger one that got stuck in the fins, but i never got a picture of it)

I always kept the side panel off of my desktop. The fans managed to suck in lot of bugs until the PSU died last year. Now it's just rotting in a corner.

Anyway, the bottom of my case would always be littered with bugs every time I blew it out with the air compressor. I think my tower kept up pretty well with my bug zapper.

ababab2.jpg

It's obviously not a clear cut solution, but I guess it'd help out a little. o_o

Burn your house to the ground.

Done and Done.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

ababab1.jpg

(there was a bigger one that got stuck in the fins, but i never got a picture of it)

I always kept the side panel off of my desktop. The fans managed to suck in lot of bugs until the PSU died last year. Now it's just rotting in a corner.

Anyway, the bottom of my case would always be littered with bugs every time I blew it out with the air compressor. I think my tower kept up pretty well with my bug zapper.

ababab2.jpg

It's obviously not a clear cut solution, but I guess it'd help out a little. o_o

Well..thats new. Didnt even know THEY existed.

How much would one of those beasts cost? It looks like some sort of super generator from the future :/