Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Looking for a cmd

I was wondering if there was a console command that I can set to 1 so that it uses the default skins instead of my skins. I joined a server once in which, even though I had skins installed, forced the defaults, instead of just kicking me for consistency. I was wondering if this was just server side, or can I do it for myself.

I was wondering if there was a console command that I can set to 1 so that it uses the default skins instead of my skins. I joined a server once in which, even though I had skins installed, forced the defaults, instead of just kicking me for consistency. I was wondering if this was just server side, or can I do it for myself.

1. Delete or skins

2. Server sided.

Well the thing is, its not that I don't want skins anymore, but I'm starting to play in a few tourneys, where skins aren't allowed, so I'd like a fast way to switch between 'em w/out having to move shit around every time.

Well the thing is, its not that I don't want skins anymore, but I'm starting to play in a few tourneys, where skins aren't allowed, so I'd like a fast way to switch between 'em w/out having to move shit around every time.

Well here's a trick.

Move your current materials/sounds/models/scripts folders to an outside folder, preferably on the desktop.

Then make those same folders inside your CSS folder. (Materials/Models/Scripts/Sounds)

The game will fill those in when you start.

Make a .cfg file, so you can switch them out.

I'm not good at cfg's , but do a little search.

I might try to post one up, might not work though :unsure:

EDIT: Try this one out.

First, put the materials I told you into your Steam/Steam Apps/********/counter-strike source

the ****'s are your account name. In the .cfg file i made, you have to open it with notepad and change the *****'s to your account name.

Anyways, put the materials and such into that directory, and put the cfg in the cfg folder in csstrike.

Execute it in your console in-game and tell me what happens :D

Edit: Ahhh bullshit it won't let me upload it. Here, I'll put it up on rapidshare.

Well here's a trick.

Move your current materials/sounds/models/scripts folders to an outside folder, preferably on the desktop.

Then make those same folders inside your CSS folder. (Materials/Models/Scripts/Sounds)

The game will fill those in when you start.

Make a .cfg file, so you can switch them out.

I'm not good at cfg's , but do a little search.

I might try to post one up, might not work though :unsure:

EDIT: Try this one out.

First, put the materials I told you into your Steam/Steam Apps/********/counter-strike source

the ****'s are your account name. In the .cfg file i made, you have to open it with notepad and change the *****'s to your account name.

Anyways, put the materials and such into that directory, and put the cfg in the cfg folder in csstrike.

Execute it in your console in-game and tell me what happens :D

Edit: Ahhh bullshit it won't let me upload it. Here, I'll put it up on rapidshare.

Pm me for the link.

So changing player skins is acceptable? Or is there some limit? Just how far can we go in this regard?

I mean, theoretically, would making CTs a little more blue and Ts a little more red be too much? I'd love to hear some input on this topic. o_O

So changing player skins is acceptable? Or is there some limit? Just how far can we go in this regard?

I mean, theoretically, would making CTs a little more blue and Ts a little more red be too much? I'd love to hear some input on this topic. o_O

You can make them bright colors or use skins for weapons that make them easier to aim somehow. Not too sure exactly how it works but I have also heard that there are T/CT skins that are coded to be so bright that they will show through any wall that can be shot through. something about alpha levels. . . .

You can make them bright colors or use skins for weapons that make them easier to aim somehow. Not too sure exactly how it works but I have also heard that there are T/CT skins that are coded to be so bright that they will show through any wall that can be shot through. something about alpha levels. . . .

Dont know about that, but I guess its feasible, but there are some aimbots that work solely based on color, scans the screen for a certain color and moves it to that point. You can get ct/t skins that have dots on their heads that are florescent pink and some others. But there really is no limit to skins. You can pretty much do whatever you want. I tend to go for guns that are realistic and look a ton better. I cant stand those skins that are ridiculous, like that curvy fucked up sword that everyone seems to have. The greatest skin I've ever seen though were those finger skins, where its just a guy holding his hand like a gun and going "pew pew pew". Hillarious.

The greatest skin I've ever seen though were those finger skins, where its just a guy holding his hand like a gun and going "pew pew pew". Hillarious.

I had an awp skin like that. It was hilarious.