Sign in to follow this  
Someguy

Vents...

If the cells are closed and terrorists open a vent and go in while a ct is watching from outside the cell, when the cells open can the ct follow?

I have seen this happening and want it cleared up.

If the cells are closed and terrorists open a vent and goes in while a ct is watching from outside the cell, when the cells open can the ct follow?

I have seen this happening and want it cleared up.

As long as I see actually see them go in, whether or not cells are open, I follow. I've never gotten in trouble for it (I try to type out "I saw them go in vent. Following." in team chat before I follow so no CT says "A CT JUST RAN IN VENT!" like a moron giving away my position), but if this is illegal I'd like to know too.

Lol golden, i remember once you freekilled me for knifing vents on blackops i think. Not that im bitching

It's possible. I've freekilled a few times due to accidents or not correctly understanding the MOTD like anyone else, and it's declined with experience. I slay myself whenever I know I'm in the wrong though. Sorry if I didn't that time.

lol its fine. as to my opinion on the OP's matter,Common sense says: Yes its perfectly fine for a CT to give chase as long as he sees the T go in.

I believe you cant aim at the vents or vent cell...Its not in the rules but people say don't do it. Common sense?

I believe you can aim at the vent entrance from a distance as much as you want, as long as it's in the area you're supposed to be in, that is, with your team and the other terrorists. You can't run off to the vent exit somewhere else and have yourself a stakeout.

The thing about this is that, As a CT, For example on lego map, If you are standing at the door that goes to the vent you don't necessarily see the T knifing the vent unless the T decides to knife it while being letting CT's seeing you, Now if a CT is stupid enough to stand outside the door the T's running to vent can rush him, Guns given to the T's all hell breaks lose. It's not a good idea, But then again being a CT makes you want to stop rebellers. I hate being a T on them maps with vents were CT's can see you =.=. But then again ive only been CT a couple of times :P

I hate being a T on them maps with vents were CT's can see you =.=

Like on jail fail, you cant hide yourself when opening and going in a vent. If a ct wants to follow, you are screwed.

Exactly lol. Even on maps like lego, Ive been killed a few times from CT's who ran in to see if the vents were open, They would see me going down the ladder and kill me. Meh.

Guys, Oracion made this pretty clear in the MOTD.

*If at anytime you see a T go into a vents, you may chase them down.

*If you see a T knifing the vents, you may not kill them. The warden may only order them to take a amount of steps away from the vents to prevent the T"s from knifing the vents. (Although if this happens in a cell while the celldoors are still closed, then the warden can do nothing about it.) You cannot order a T to move away from something while he is in his cell.

*You may NOT stand in front of the vent cell 'guarding' it

*You may NOT stand inside of the cell 'guarding' it.

*You may NOT aim with any kind of weapon directly at the cell where the vent is.

These are all considered to be vent camping.