Sign in to follow this  
adam :)

Just wondering..

Adam, what you can do for avoiding this issue with admins kicking you, is to mask you're ping.. setting it down to 5.

You do this by typing "cl_cmdrate +100" in console.

You will not get banned from sG servers by doing this, atleast thats what this thread says ;)

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/31128-cl_cmdrate?highlight=Cl_cmdrate

high ping doesnt effect the servers unless it it over 500, and then its only minimally effecting anything. i have never seen anything happen with the servers, any servers, unless the users ping was spiking at 600+.

Did you really have to name us and try to divert blame? Earlier today klark had us kick some people to test the server and it happened that 1 of the guys we kicked was attacking the server and klark dropped his ip. You may have been kicked for a test by someone or klark added the plugin that keeps you out of the game.

Lol Im not even blaming :L like I said "looks like klark who kicked you if not it was lopez/puff/shadow..." just telling him so he knows who he can talk to not blaming at all lol

But anyway I think should be 300+ instead of 400

Guest Waffle

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/16378-Ping-Masking-Resolved/page2?highlight=ping+mask

^Llethander

Oracion

I'm going to resolve this now since he has said he's stopped.

As to ping masking in general, I'll still say it's illegal. I've played on other servers before where your rates can be checked by players and if they're very low, you'll be kicked, so it must show some kind of advantage in some way. Honestly, if someone is lagging, I see it as not helping both the server and the players. Go watch a high ping zombie on ZE or ZM, you'll suffer from the ten foot knife and mini-teleports. Same goes for other servers, if someone has high ping, I get shot around a corner and they suddenly appear.

So if you see someone doing it, warn/kick them and if they refuse to stop give a small (Note SMALL) ban if needed.

Resolved.

I still don't see the point of having a high-ping kicker. If a person is really lagging, all that is going to happen is on everyone else's client they are going to be moving EXTREMELY slow and it shouldn't deteriorate from gameplay. IE a CT is lagging, has obnoxiously high ping, just makes it easier for the terrorists to kill them. Or if a T was lagging, just makes it easier for CTs to kill the rebeller. It has nothing to do with the server. If the server is lagging, it's because the server really needs a restart, some admin commands that require a lot of server power are being run, or someone is intentionally trying to crash the server.

IMO, High-Ping Kicker needs to be removed.

I still don't see the point of having a high-ping kicker. If a person is really lagging, all that is going to happen is on everyone else's client they are going to be moving EXTREMELY slow and it shouldn't deteriorate from gameplay. IE a CT is lagging, has obnoxiously high ping, just makes it easier for the terrorists to kill them. Or if a T was lagging, just makes it easier for CTs to kill the rebeller. It has nothing to do with the server. If the server is lagging, it's because the server really needs a restart, some admin commands that require a lot of server power are being run, or someone is intentionally trying to crash the server.

IMO, High-Ping Kicker needs to be removed.

The problem is, the ping can work both ways. Someone can use it against others and some just get so bad, they visibly lag out. Now granted it's probably the rates they have and all, but ping DOES fuck shit up. Go check out ZE or WCS#1 when you have someone over 250 and they pop out of a corner randomly and cap you in the head. It doesn't lag the server, but it DOES affect others if not just benefitting the person themselves.

Yeah I guess, but with so many players from UK and AUS and other countries, we're risking server population at other times of the night. We want a JB server that has players at all times of the day, putting on this high-ping kicker really hurts our international players.

Wasn't this talked to death back when i was playing, there is no ping limit and you shouldn't kick someone for it, especially if it's only 270 not 10000.

Wasn't this talked to death back when i was playing, there is no ping limit and you shouldn't kick someone for it, especially if it's only 270 not 10000.

Yep, that's why I've been mostly absent from this thread.

Well i'm only playing at 3am server time now, Because this morning american time my ping kept reaching 320's. I noticed it's because of how many CT's spoke at the same time as the wardan, Well i'll only be playing when theres not many people anymore cause that's when my ping never goes over 300. As Marine saw last night when i was talking to him, He added me on steam, I opened up the browse from steam and my ping instantly hit 670, Lagged the server so i logged off, Anyways i'll probaly try playing when i'm not capped, See how that goes.