Sign in to follow this  
QQ

"A T-List"

I've been playing other jailbreak servers before sG or UV has opened their jailbreak servers. This server I've been playing has a system called "T-List." What it basically is, is that it blocks registered freekillers who attempt to join CT, and switches them over to T. I'm not going to say to the staff that you HAVE to install this system, but it is a suggestion to help with the jailbreak sever.

Pros: Keeping a healthy population of people on jailbreak, thus encouraging players to play or possible sG opening up a second server.

Cons: (Possible) Server lag?, possible flooding of complaint department of freekillers and or appeals.

I know some people here may not agree with this, but I've seen how the T-List woks, and tbh it is quite an effective way of keeping the server with more people.

No, I'm not saying the sG jailbreak is dead, I'm just saying it's a way to have more people playing, give them the opportunity to play as T even though they're restricted from joining CT.

The server is far from dead lol to many people sometimes it gets chaotic. Its a good idea overall i wonder what everyone else thinks though :S.

Your hlstatsx web interface is throwing up a MYSQL error btw. I want to see what version you have installed, If I was going to write the plugin it would use the database that hlstatsx uses - and would restrict new players untill they have played for a certain amount of time - as this would allow me to separate the new players from the regulars.

Well, the server that I've played with the T-list, people don't get permanent bans. People will only get T-listed meaning they can still join the game normally. However, they'll only be on the T's because they're restricted from joining CT.

No, you'll have to manually add the players Steam ID to the T-list.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone is mass freekilling, I'd prefer them to just not be on the server at all. Not like we need them considering the population.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone is mass freekilling, I'd prefer them to just not be on the server at all. Not like we need them considering the population.

Agreed completely.

Agreed fo sho. Although what texan does is a good idea and i believe that if you do not know the motd you should not be allowed to play ct. Texan sometimes will ask a ct a question about the motd and if they do not know it he will ask them to go T. I think this method should be enforced although annyoing to have to do during gameplay, this does prevent dumb cts that freekill.

Well, the server that I've played with the T-list, people don't get permanent bans. People will only get T-listed meaning they can still join the game normally. However, they'll only be on the T's because they're restricted from joining CT.

No, you'll have to manually add the players Steam ID to the T-list.

Your talking about the Realistic gamer's JB right?

I know what you mean if you are, you place a complaint in there "T-List" on there forum and if the evidence is enough they will be banned from joining CT for the time specified by the web interace they had. Was a great idea and would come in handy here if im honest.

But.... Nothing beat's a good ole perma ban :)

I've started restricting based on what people say now too, and it prevents fail in the long run.

I.e. "Why did you just kill so-and-so?"

"He was knifing"

!ct idiot

Done.

Your talking about the Realistic gamer's JB right?

I know what you mean if you are, you place a complaint in there "T-List" on there forum and if the evidence is enough they will be banned from joining CT for the time specified by the web interace they had. Was a great idea and would come in handy here if im honest.

But.... Nothing beat's a good ole perma ban :)

No, I was playing on HeLLsGamer(s)'s jailbreak.

Since Oracion has pretty much decided with the above posters, nothing much I can say if almost everyone agrees with permanent ban. 8D

LOL at HG jailbreak. I played there other day for fun and had none ;)... but T-list sounds like a good idea. Especially having new players to server forced to play as T for a minimum amount of time sounds like a terrific idea.

We've had lots of players on CT lately completely oblivious to the MOTD. Like blob said "why did you kill him?... "well, he was knifing"... yep lots of that would be wiped out if there was a new player restriction to CT team.

LOL at HG jailbreak. I played there other day for fun and had none ;)... but T-list sounds like a good idea. Especially having new players to server forced to play as T for a minimum amount of time sounds like a terrific idea.

We've had lots of players on CT lately completely oblivious to the MOTD. Like blob said "why did you kill him?... "well, he was knifing"... yep lots of that would be wiped out if there was a new player restriction to CT team.

Thing is, CT's are just stupid in general. I'll run into people who have been there for a few weeks and they still don't know half the rules, which in a way I could understand cause it is huge (and I do want to condense it again for our sake and convenience while keeping the points there), but after a few weeks, I would think they'd catch on.

Also, would you guys honestly want a mass freekiller playing in the server regardless if he's on CT or T? Again, I'd just prefer him being gone so he doesn't take up a slot for someone who actually wants to play.

I agree with you Oracion... I wouldn't want to play with a mass free killer even if he was on Terrorist. But restricting new players to T for 20 rounds or something could be a good idea.

I agree with you Oracion... I wouldn't want to play with a mass free killer even if he was on Terrorist. But restricting new players to T for 20 rounds or something could be a good idea.

I'm all for that if we can get a code in for it so it explains why they are there to begin with.

That and direct them how to actually play somehow.

Oracion, A T-List is basically a restriction database.

Some servers have it so they don't lose server population, and the people who break the rules on CT (you can't really break rules on T) can't play CT for a set amount of either rounds or days. This is a nice idea, and I'd like to implement it, but it's all up to the community. (The restrict new players for 10 rounds thing isn't a bad idea either).

Oracion, A T-List is basically a restriction database.

Some servers have it so they don't lose server population, and the people who break the rules on CT (you can't really break rules on T) can't play CT for a set amount of either rounds or days. This is a nice idea, and I'd like to implement it, but it's all up to the community. (The restrict new players for 10 rounds thing isn't a bad idea either).

Agreed completely. People should ALWAYS play as T's first to get used to the rules. If all else fails, the motd is always there.

I say yes. I mean, sure, you could just permaban them, but its better to 1 up them. Imagine how raged they must get when they join to rage, wait for the round to end, then find out they're on T. The agony it would cause them, not to mention they might actually become regular players, makes it worth it.

Restricting a new player for 10-20 rounds sounds like an awesome idea. Players who are new to JailBreak won't even be able to tell the difference between joining T and CT at first.

The first thing they will notice as they join is that they are forced onto Terrorist and that all they get is a knife with no buyzone.

The second thing they will notice is either that there is someone giving orders over the mic or that people seem to be doing something that they can't understand.

All of these things are things that are ok to learn as a terrorist. If someone is interested in JailBreak in any way whatsoever, they WILL spend a few rounds spectating if they die watching the "random" things occuring.

If they are not interested they won't stay in any case.