Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Beta Patch 13 (Read!)

Lots of changes in this one. Most notably the 3v3 and 4v4 match options are now available, as well as the long awaited map publishing!!! Some nerfs, some buffs, but yeah, read on below.

(Copy Paste from another source).

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

General

* Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.

* Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.

* 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.

* Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:

* Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.

* Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.

* No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.

* Matchmaking system logic updated.

* UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.

* Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

PROTOSS

* Sentry

* Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

* Void Ray

* Range decreased from 7 to 6.

* Warp Gate

* Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

TERRAN

* Marine

* Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

* Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

ZERG

* Infestor

* Infested Terran spell removed.

* Frenzy spell added:

* Costs 25 energy.

* Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

* Overseer

* Contaminate spell added:

* Costs 75 energy.

* Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

* Infested Terran spell added:

* Costs 125 energy.

* Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

* Ultralisk

* Life decreased from 600 to 450.

* Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).

* Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):

* Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.

* Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface

* Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.

* Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.

* Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.

* Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.

* Added in-game blocking and player muting.

Yeah I like how massive units can now destroy the force fields. This is great for ZvP late game when zerg uses Ultras. He can just send a couple up the ramp and over the FF. Same thing with thors, although thors are a bit too slow and if you have them at the head of your army they're kinda fucked. I don't think it's worth wasting a thor just to get rid of a FF.

And once again Terran get a buff. +10 marine HP and stims now cost less. Thankfully that's the race I play as xD

And I like the look of the new Overseer contaminate ability although I think it should cost more energy. It's currently at 75, and I feel that's not good because with 3 or 4 of them you can cripple the enemy macro, especially terran and protoss.

Ya, and 30 seconds is quite a long time too... for 75 energy...... basically you have a couple overlords, and you can halt production of backup, while you murder everyone there already. Then keep halting new unit production and win.......

But ya, ultra's destroying the force fields, thats gonna fuck some toss players over big time.

Hopefully, when the game comes out the servers will be able to handle more.

Not going to happen.

Right now, there's an average of 30k players on bnet at any given time.

Now, fast forward to July 27th. The game gets released. Simultaneously 5 MILLION players log onto Bnet in the first hour. What do you think will happen then?

It's not as epic as you think, we tried it last night and there was WAY too much lag from Bnet.

Pretty much unplayable.

Yeah, hopefully they fix this soon.

Wow, that's all they're doing to the Void Rays?

brb, rushing once again

Lol this is pretty much my only toss strat right now, I have refined it quite a bit, works quite a bit, :D

well... 8 player UMS games still work with no lag on Brood War, so I'm assuming 8 player melee games will be fine in SC2