Sign in to follow this  
Windmill

Humble Indie Bundle

Okay, so basically there's 5 indie games. (World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, and Penumbra: Overture) that come in a pack.

Here's the catch, you choose what you want to pay. You choose where you want the funding to go (they give you four choices: All to the developers, all to charity [more info on that can be found on the site], 50/50, OR customize that assortment of choices)

Yes, you choose what you pay, no questions asked. I payed $1 because I'm a cheap dick.

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Be sure to watch their video, it's quite catchy xD

Took a look at it, and while parts of it seem to have merit, it's just too antiquated. Seems like a good idea, just needs updating for me. I like my eye candy.

They're actually making a new game called Amnesia. It's gonna be sick. It's very similar to Penumbra (game mechanics-wise), but it's crazier. Like, I was watching a trailer where you open a door and all you hear is growling. So, you run the opposite direction and all you can hear is it chasing you, you don't look behind you. You run in a room and move a desk behind it and a split second later whatever it is attacks the door. All the while you find a hiding place in like a closet/locker thing, and you hear it thrashing around. Then it'll leave and you peak out and shit. That shit will make you shit your shit.

Yeah, I was thinking about preordering it. Not sure, though. I'm still at the beginning of Penumbra, and I can't say I'm incredibly intrigued. Like, idk. I feel disconnected. The puzzles seem to easy and the scary parts don't seem that scary to me, besides a few fun frights :). Will this change later in the game?

Yeah, I was thinking about preordering it. Not sure, though. I'm still at the beginning of Penumbra, and I can't say I'm incredibly intrigued. Like, idk. I feel disconnected. The puzzles seem to easy and the scary parts don't seem that scary to me, besides a few fun frights :). Will this change later in the game?

Black Plague was scarier. So yes, it will.

Penumbra was amazing. I'm still working on finishing Requiem, although it's just puzzles and there's not much addition to the story.

Can't wait for Amnesia.

Took a look at it, and while parts of it seem to have merit, it's just too antiquated. Seems like a good idea, just needs updating for me. I like my eye candy.

Penumbra is actually a pretty good looking game. Max out the settings on it.

Just picked it up for a penny. I feel bad for douching them over so bad, but I am broke as shit. This is pretty funny though.

im2n9i.png

Linux has the smallest market share, and yet it is on par with OSX for amount of donations. Linux also has the highest average donation. Windows barely goes over half, and it's market share is upwards of 90%.

I noticed that, myself. Windows is the mainstream and because of this it is filled with general douche-bags :). But, these developers showed balls and they seem to have profited from it. I hope more deals like this will follow.

Penumbra is actually a pretty good looking game. Max out the settings on it.

ahah, nooooo. Technically it's not too horrible, but the art style is what really ends up making it look hideous to me.

I noticed that, myself. Windows is the mainstream and because of this it is filled with general douche-bags :). But, these developers showed balls and they seem to have profited from it. I hope more deals like this will follow.

This is how it was for World of Goo for a while. They had a "name your own price" deal. This should just drive developers to start making games for Linux. :|

ahah, nooooo. Technically it's not too horrible, but the art style is what really ends up making it look hideous to me.

Eh. It's in a dark, abandoned mine shaft. What do you expect?

It to not look like someone threw up on my monitor. Might still end up givin' it a try if I find myself bored one day. The game mechanics seem sound.

It to not look like someone threw up on my monitor. Might still end up givin' it a try if I find myself bored one day. The game mechanics seem sound.

You're quite picky. I honestly didn't think it looked that bad. The models aren't the best quality, but the textures look pretty decent. It's an indie game, give it a break. Jeez. :(

haha, well it's all about knowing your limits. Games like Cave Story or World of Goo even, they knew they didn't have the resources to make hyper-realistic graphics, so they didn't try. Penumbra seems to try, but misses the mark. It's a bit distracting for graphics whores like myself. I'm not saying that if a game doesn't look like Crysis, I think it's ugly; it's just a matter of what you do with what you have.