Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

People asking personal questions during trivia

ahaha, that's life. Experience nets advantages. Can't just create tons of little rules to make sure everything is on a level playing field. It'd take the fun out of things anyway.

I really don't get why it's such an issue. 99% of the time, it turns into a short little guessing game like Oración said. The best thing to do if you don't like a warden's question is to voice your opinion about it. Let him know that you disapprove of what he's doing. It's likely he'll change his ways in the future.

Where you say the warden will change it. That is totally incorrect. 99% of the time the warden does dumb shit to get a whole bunch of ts killed. Even if the ts don't like it the warden would never change it. Everytime I have played almost never was it when a warden would change something that is totally retarded.

What I have a problem with is questions you can't possibly answer unless you know the person.

I have to imagine this is quite rare. Are you encountering a vast amount of different people asking things like, "What school do I go to?" Because once you've heard the answer, you'd then be able to answer the question regardless of you knowing them or not. Things like my name or where I live, those can just be guessed freely.

There'll always be debates over trivia. I've been there times where I see someone get a question right, but it's not exactly what the warden is looking for. People argue over simple math questions that basically deteriorate into a typing speed contest and could also rely upon them having a decent internet speed or living relatively close to the server. The thing is is that it's just a game. A game that requires rules, yes, but not for every single little bit of minutia—at least in my opinion.

Where you say the warden will change it. That is totally incorrect. 99% of the time the warden does dumb shit to get a whole bunch of ts killed. Even if the ts don't like it the warden would never change it. Everytime I have played almost never was it when a warden would change something that is totally retarded.

If a lot of people disapprove, they will. People don't like being disliked, typically.

The thing is is that it's just a game. A game that requires rules, yes, but not for every single little bit of minutia—at least in my opinion.

I understand your point of view and I agree for the most part but I still think that asking questions about yourself is favoritism and should be disallowed.

Honestly, we're not going to restrict personal questions. If we restrict those because they give JB-vets certain advantages, we might as well restrict sports questions, movie questions, music questions because certain people have advantages in each. Leave it as it is, it's a game. Have fun.

I'm pretty sure my calc questions are worse than personal ones XD

But, half the time a warden will give the answer to the question when no one gets it... then it just becomes a matter of memorization.

The information isn't as personal as you think, it's just about one's ability to store information, like memorizing capitols and facts.

Ya but asking something like "Whats my GF's Name?" (and this actually happened today) is just retarded... And what if they don't tell you the answer....

Honestly, we're not going to restrict personal questions. If we restrict those because they give JB-vets certain advantages, we might as well restrict sports questions, movie questions, music questions because certain people have advantages in each. Leave it as it is, it's a game. Have fun.

The difference between these questions and personal questions is that these questions are factual and thus have the possibility of being answered without either knowing the person or playing with them frequently.

The difference between these questions and personal questions is that these questions are factual and thus have the possibility of being answered without either knowing the person or playing with them frequently.

Personal questions are factual.

What I meant by factual is that they don't require knowledge that you can't garner anywhere but in-game or in a private conversation with the person who asks such questions. That's hardly the definition of factual, but I think most people knew what I meant.

Yeah, I know, but the point Mitch is making is that there always exists the possibility of impossible or near impossible questions. Just somethin' you gotta get over.

"What is the name of my grandmas half cousin twice removeds older brothers best friend?

Hitler.

I'm just going to start asking trivia questions like how big is my dick and shit like that, OH SORRY YOU SAID 4 INCHES, IT'S ACTUALLY 7 WHEN NOT FLACCID *bang*

Asking personal questions as far as I'm concerned is favoritism. Lets just take this example for instance:

Person A and person B are friends (not real life friends, but internet buddys)

Person A is warden, person B is a prisoner.

"Person A starts trivia, and asks the question: "What is the name of my dog?"

In reality Person A doesn't have a dog, person B doesn't know this.

Person B answers with "spaz"

Person A says yes! Spaz is my dogs name, sorry people who answered incorrectly!

Shit's fucking stupid.

I see where mitch (if it was him) had stated about how we don't want to limit the game, but WaaX is correct. This could easily be favoritism and we wouldn't even know it. IMO it should be stuck to answer that can be looked up and proven that the terrorist that answered it deserves whatever the "reward" may be.

I agree for sure, personal questions should not be asked MR PANDA who is infamous for that it gets annyoing even though i know the answers i still think its bs for the new players/ people who do not constantly play.

Guest Kursha

I'm agaisnt this. Cuz its just like reguarly asked math questions an such. If people stick around long enough then they will know. Like Panda's Triva questions i didnt know but after one or two rounds you kinda tend to remember. Over all it just takes one or two rounds to get the answers.