Sign in to follow this  
Robert Timecock

Community Made Weapons

Guest Kizzah

Yeah, I have the Pain Train for Soldier and Demoman. It's worthless for Soldier. I don't play Demoman so I don't know about that. But yeah it looks pretty cool. NEW CONTENT is always cool!

Anyone else think it's awesome that Valve is actually using models from the community? This is a whole new step towards customer-developer relations. Anyone submit any models, or get the new weapons?

Sorta goes back to CS 1. If it weren't for the community, we'd have no 24/7 de_dust2 servers or anything. Valve's always been in touch with the community, and they've shown that by offering mod advertisements through Steam, and with the conversion from community maintained mods to full fledged retail games. If you would have told me when I was that 12 year old kid with a fetish for modding HL1 that I'd wind up buying Counter-Strike at Best Buy, I probably would have laughed in your face.

Yeah but all the new weapons they on TF2 suck. The only actual IMPROVEMENT you get for the new weapons are the mellee ones.

And the general problem with them being situational is the atypical problem of deciding when to use them. Actually, that's the problem when you go into a class based multiplayer game, and give people the same weapons but with different features. At the time, having a backburner pyro (yes, i know, boo it down) seems good. The blu team is trying to sneak through the sewers, you're burning some backs. But when they bring in the demoman and soldiers, you're screwed. So you have to switch. But once the demo and soldiers are gone, you have to switch your back burner back in. It gets somewhat crazy.

Solution: You have the ability to exchange ONLY weapons in the middle of the round, at a certain cost. Example: I'm Sasha heavy. I begin to notice Stupid Scouts running past me. I hit a button, and after a 5 second timer goes out, i get natascha. The only thing is, i can't switch the primary weapon again, and Natascha comes with the same ammo as Sasha had before i switched.

For different classes, the switch can do different things. Scout getting sandman may start without the ball, Sniper going to submachine gun has less ammo, etc.