Sign in to follow this  
Kaleidoscopic

Steam coming to Mac

just because a few files on the interface beta hint at OSX options doesn't actually mean it's going to. getting your stuff on a Apple computer is a lot harder than it looks. it's not just programming, Jobs actually have to approve it. teasers and all, it's very promising though.

What? Apple has to approve every single piece of Mac software? I've never heard of that. And what reason would they have for blocking Steam?

EDIT: Cool Wine/Crossover, brah. Surely native support will be much more efficient.

NOW: if this goes to the powerpc g4's and g5's i will be happy, but if its intel only i will not care to much

unlikely. if Apple stopped supporting that years ago ... Jobs won't let Steam be compatible with older Gens.

unlikely. if Apple stopped supporting that years ago ... Jobs won't let Steam be compatible with older Gens.

umm, it doesnt matter if he wants it or not. if steam wants to put out steam for mac they will, it will grow the mac market because more gamers might want it. AND apple doesnt have anything rly with steam, if you make an app apple doesnt like and people like apple MIGHT offer to buy that from them and then get rid of it themselves, its like microsoft and apple ilife or itunes

Guest formerlyaeth

im glad cause i hate using crossover/booting in vista every time i want to play CSS or Gmod

There won't be Steam for PPC, but not because of Jobs. It would be a waste of time and money for Valve.

I helped my cousin a few months ago do a convert thing using a bottle program(idk) to get steam. It did work but i'm not that sure if it worked well. I found it on youtube and it helped as a guide. Hope this helped.