Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

Longcat=Daddy?

PIC_10-01-31_00-37-56.jpg

Isnt she beautiful?

This glider died tonight...I forgot to put down the lid on the toilet and she jumped in and drowned while I wasnt paying attention. I feel like the shittiest pet owner in the world now.

I helped take care of three sugar gliders in middle school. They are adorable. The teacher that owned them was really awesome too. She always brought them into class and let us play with them. These sugar gliders had the idea to play catch. Two people, one sugar glider. Throw them from person to person. So cool to watch them soar through the air so proud.

My boss at work has one too. Her sugar glider is an EXPENSIVE eater. Macadamia nuts and tortillas. She won't anything else. Well, that's a bit facetious but you know what I mean!

Sorry for your loss! I feel for you because I know how sugar gliders get attached to people.

-Xan

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WANT ONE NOW!!!

RIP your Sugar Glider :(

I do however find it ironic that you feel like the shittiest pet owner because she died in the toilet, you think you'll get a new one? or you're pretty much done with them?

If I could get the Yoda Bat in my avatar, I SO FUCKING WOULD!!!

papua-new-guinea-tube-nosed-fruit-bat-1006-lg.jpg

I know dude.

I had that same picture as your avatar as my facebook profile pic for a while when I first read about it being discovered.

A massive flying fox would be pretty cool too.

My dad once had a little bat as a pet. It got so fat it couldn't fly anymore. It used to sleep in his shirt's breast pocket, and he once went out to dinner at a nice restaurant in downtown LA and forgot he still had the bat with him. It woke up and tried climbing out and he kept feeding it tiny pieces of his meal to keep it still.

I know dude.

I had that same picture as your avatar as my facebook profile pic for a while when I first read about it being discovered.

A massive flying fox would be pretty cool too.

My dad once had a little bat as a pet. It got so fat it couldn't fly anymore. It used to sleep in his shirt's breast pocket, and he once went out to dinner at a nice restaurant in downtown LA and forgot he still had the bat with him. It woke up and tried climbing out and he kept feeding it tiny pieces of his meal to keep it still.

How'd he get it? Just from some exotic pet store or something?

This glider died tonight...I forgot to put down the lid on the toilet and she jumped in and drowned while I wasnt paying attention. I feel like the shittiest pet owner in the world now.

:(

It happens, bro. Don't beat yourself up over it. <3

I have never heard of this sugar glider thing, they look really really cool though...

And like others have said, shit happens (no pun intended), you said you had 2 though right? just don't let the other drown, and you should be fine... :D

Sorry to hear about the glider passing man. Thats sad. Losing a pet is hard. On a happier note, they are cute pets. I've always wanted to have an exotic or odd pet just to be different. Like a skunk or owl. Right now I got two rabbits and they are a handful. We had to build the cage for them. Its got carpet and marble in it for them to lay down on and cool off in the summer. What's the cage like for them?

Here is a video for those of you who haven't seen them glide. Longcat i suggest you train em to do cool tricks. looks like a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear about the glider passing man. Thats sad. Losing a pet is hard. On a happier note, they are cute pets. I've always wanted to have an exotic or odd pet just to be different. Like a skunk or owl.

I've planned on getting a pet skunk when I get my own place since I was about 9 years old. I absolutely love them.

I've grown up with a bunch of reptiles and amphibians (two 13 feet burmese pythons until I was 6, various smaller snakes, lizards, turtles, and frogs since then), and while they're certainly exotic, I really can't recommend them as pets. Except for Bearded Dragons. Those are the only reptiles I've ever seen that really seem to have a personality.

I'm much happier now with just my black lab.

I've always seen sugar gliders for sale by a few vendors at herp shows, but never thought much of them.

After a little research though thanks to this thread, they really seem rather cool.

I've planned on getting a pet skunk when I get my own place since I was about 9 years old. I absolutely love them.

I've grown up with a bunch of reptiles and amphibians (two 13 feet burmese pythons until I was 6, various smaller snakes, lizards, turtles, and frogs since then), and while they're certainly exotic, I really can't recommend them as pets. Except for Bearded Dragons. Those are the only reptiles I've ever seen that really seem to have a personality.

I'm much happier now with just my black lab.

I've always seen sugar gliders for sale by a few vendors at herp shows, but never thought much of them.

After a little research though thanks to this thread, they really seem rather cool.

lol How awesome would it be to have a skunk? I know they remove the gland that they use to spray ,but i would go around freaking people out or when i have someone new over to my house I would pretend that its a wild animal that broke into my house. XD They also are pretty friendly and domesticated.