Sign in to follow this  
Lets Smoke Things

Eve

Awesome thanks, I'll keep saving up then xD

Also I have ~30 mil right now, but I'm keeping that for skill books. I'm still a long way away from being effective in a Drake in terms of skills. Mind, I've only been playing EVE for about 2 months. I Started playing it in 2008 for a month, then my time ran out, and I only just reactivated my account this month.

I personally don't know. I chose Caldari when I made my pilot, you should ask around tho. I think also you need to keep in mind what alliances occupy the space you will be in for pvp (I think, I could be dead wrong).

So I went and bought a Caracal and I have to say I love it. Takes down frigates in one volley no problem at all. Here's my loadout:

'Arbalest' Assault Missile Launcher x5

Ballistic Control System x2

Invulnerability Field x2

Large Shield Extender x2

10MN Afterburner x1

Most of these can be upgraded to Tech 2 once I get the skills, if I'm willing to spend the money on them.

My total shields are 7k right now.

amarr, caldari, or gallente? which do yinz think would be best for pvp..?

That's a good one... Depends really. Caldari definitely are best at pve but that doesn't necessarily make them the weakest @ pvp, you probably will just see them working better in wolfpacks or support fleets. I'd say amarr and gallente are pretty much tied. They both work really well if you're looking to be more of a solo/pirate kind of fellow. I couldn't really say which one is better cause I've never really played as either of them. I'd ask around in the help channels maybe. If I had to make a suggestion though, I really would say Caldari. Everyone thinks its a noob race, but Caldari players definitely have an edge when first starting. Every advantage you can get easing into a game with as steep of a learning curve as eve's should be taken. Either way, once you're seriously into null space and pvp, if you really want to "change your race" you can learn the skills to fly the ships for any race.

nerdpvp.jpg

whatever you do do not think your PVP skills overflow into real life martial arts prowess.

Like for instance its one of my life goals to beat the crap out of P2, But I suck at EVE PVP without even trying it, so yeah. Motivational poster rewarded for OP

I wouldn't do Minmatar. They're defenitetly the hardest to play, and they dont have any real advantages to them. They can use missiles like caldari, but they aren't as good at it, and until recently, projectile weapons were considered the worst in the game. That changed with Dominion I think, but even still they really dont tank very well either. Half the time you see smaller minmatar ships speed tanking.

I'm joinng that EVE University you told me about. I'm in queue right now for an interview, should take an hour and a half. I'll let you know how it is when I'm in, Anarchy.

I don't know how long it is or what exactly it is they do, Anarchy suggested it to me. All I know is they teach you stuff about the game. And as for what is expected, I'm not 100% sure. They have shit-tons of policies and procedures, I suggest you read about them on their site.

Cool I was doing the same thing, but it looks like these guys also give you tons of free stuff along with the 'classes' they give you. I wanna learn industry so I can start building stuff and selling it for mad money.

got a kestrel today, loaded it up with upgraded limos standard missile bays and bloodclaw missiles (along with a small shield booster) and it rips apart npcs on missions.. shit aint too bad.

ingame name is: Lou Sassle if anyone wants to hit me up.

Guest Fohacidal

, kestrels make me lol, I use them for popping cynos in 0.0 for alliance cap ships

get a drake... they can be used for anything

can do l2 - l4 missions, and their tank is amazing.

for PVP i've gone hunting w/ my bro in 2 drakes.

for PVP i would go Gallante, but thats just my opinion. i've had bad experiences with caldari. yeah i lost a couple of scorpians, but then i lost some ravens too and that just told me i needed to switch. almost everyone in PVP Armor repairs, and Caldari have shield tanks, not armor tanks.