Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Clickerson

Being as Toyota is such a respected car company...

I doubt the Camaro was built for rally like the STI and EVO were. I just think you would need to do a decent amount for it to compare in the corners. And im pretty sure the EVO does weigh between 3100-3300 2005 evo 8 anyways..

Edit: I know you didn't say Japanese cars were lighter.. Master is an idiot sometimes...

Guest Mr Clickerson
WRX - 3366 lbs

Evo 10 - 3658 lbs

Camaro - 3880 lbs

Japanese cars are lighter, on avg.

I'm not referring to the newest Camaro. The car I got the curb weight from was a 2000 Camaro SS... In which case, the Evo 10 and WRX weigh more.

I doubt the Camaro was built for rally like the STI and EVO were. I just think you would need to do a decent amount for it to compare in the corners. And im pretty sure the EVO does weigh between 3100-3300 2005 evo 8 anyways..

Edit: I know you didn't say Japanese cars were lighter.. Master is an idiot sometimes...

Rally doesn't mean handling. They certainly have the upper hand offroad, though.

Guest Mr Clickerson
V[aster]V[ind;309882']they turn better and they stop better, whats left?

And cost a fuckload more. I can get better turning and stopping for less money with a Camaro.

I'm not referring to the newest Camaro. The car I got the curb weight from was a 2000 Camaro SS... In which case, the Evo 10 and WRX weigh more.

Rally doesn't mean handling. They certainly have the upper hand offroad, though.

why compare 2000 car with a 2010 car? I just compared the ones that were in the same year. WRX was 2,756 lb which is still a lot lighter than the camaro. thats 650 lbs difference.

Guest Mr Clickerson
why compare 2000 car with a 2010 car? I just compared the ones that were in the same year. WRX was 2,756 lb which is still a lot lighter than the camaro. thats 650 lbs difference.

I didn't. I compared the two cars in a video I previously posted. I'm just talking about 4th gen Camaros/Firebirds... And what WRX was that light?

you were comparing the new evo 10 and wrx to the old camaro right here....

Guest Mr Clickerson

you were comparing the new evo 10 and wrx to the old camaro right here....

1999?

Uh... The WRX I originally compared the Camaro to was, I believe a 2005, like that in the video, and the Evo was the 8th/9th generation, because it was roughly the same year as the WRX.

1999?

Uh... The WRX I originally compared the Camaro to was, I believe a 2005, like that in the video, and the Evo was the 8th/9th generation, because it was roughly the same year as the WRX.

6 years is a big difference, cars change quit a bit IMO, im sure like the 600 pound you will now argue that 6 years is not that big of a deal....-_-

Guest Mr Clickerson
V[aster]V[ind;310062']6 years is a big difference, cars change quit a bit IMO, im sure like the 600 pound you will now argue that 6 years is not that big of a deal....-_-

It's not just "IMO", that is a fact. Cars have changed a lot over 6 years, and 600 pounds is a significant difference. 200-300 however, is not that big a deal... I personally wouldn't buy any new car on the market right now. Too expensive, too big, too bulky, too much plastic. I would, however, take a 4th gen Camaro, no problem, and building it up to dominate WRXs and Evos wouldn't be that hard... Would certainly be cheaper to do that than buy one of those 2.

Guest Mr Clickerson
V[aster]V[ind;310148']i respectfully disagree

Well stock a Camaro SS or Z28 is already faster than either of those two from the same years. The new Evos and WRXs are faster than their predecessor, thus a better match for a Camaro, but they're also much more expensive. WRXs and STIs, as well as Evos, VIII and IX all go for around 15 thousand.

Guest Mr Clickerson
15k is cheap here, you can't find a decent EVO for under 18k

Then there you go... 4th gen Camaro SS/Trans Am WS6 range from about 8-13 grand around here. Thats quite a bit left over for parts.

Ponch, the 3rd gen Camaros don't look that great... I prefer that gen of T/A. As for the 4th gen, they look much better when they're not the base model (possibly V6) you posted.

Then there you go... 4th gen Camaro SS/Trans Am WS6 range from about 8-13 grand around here. Thats quite a bit left over for parts.

Ponch, the 3rd gen Camaros don't look that great... I prefer that gen of T/A. As for the 4th gen, they look much better when they're not the base model (possibly V6) you posted.

Oh look a sebring with white stripes.

2002ChevroletCamaroSS35-001.jpg

2001-2003_Chrysler_Sebring_convertible.jpg

Guest Mr Clickerson
4th GEN camaro looks like a sebring with racing stripes

Maybe the Sebring looks like a Camaro without racing stripes?

-ue4mXvcmas

That's one fast Sebring.

-ue4mXvcmas

That's one fast Sebring.

we were talking about looks retard, and i knew since u had no argument you would talk about performance.

also, nice stock car bro (just so you don't comeback at me, it's sarcasm)

hurr durr rebel yell

-ue4mXvcmas

That's one fast Sebring.

That must be stock performance, you do the same upgrades to the sebring you would get same result.