Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Clickerson

Being as Toyota is such a respected car company...

Guest Mr Clickerson

*GASP* When did I say it was stock performance? :o

Oh, and Rebel Yell's a good song.

Then there you go... 4th gen Camaro SS/Trans Am WS6 range from about 8-13 grand around here.

They're so cheap cuz they suck. Demand dictates prices and there's no demand for a 2000 camaro that looks as lame as it does.

Guest Mr Clickerson
They're so cheap cuz they suck. Demand dictates prices and there's no demand for a 2000 camaro that looks as lame as it does.

Yes, because that's a valid argument... I mean, market saturation has nothing to do with it- the fact that they sold a lot more than the WRXs and Evos, thus there are more of them out there and more common has no influence on the price.

Great argument. I know you have a brain. Please use it.

Even though zelda is retarded the wrx sti is nicer.

WRX-STi-8.jpg

Kid from my school has a STI, 2 weeks after he got he blew up the engine.

no oil....

FAIL

Guest Mr Clickerson
Even though zelda is retarded the wrx sti is nicer.

WRX-STi-8.jpg

Depends on what you mean by nice... A friend of mine has a WRX (Not the STI). It's a fast car... Very fun to drive, but the car is no nicer than my brother's WS6. My mother has a 2008 Impreza 2.5 (no performance packages). Nice car... What do you mean by nice? Interior? Looks? Interior wise, the Subarus are no better than the Camaros/Trans Ams- I know this from personal experience. The quality of the materials are no different... I do know that the center console in my mother's Scooby is very flimsy, as it's just a single piece of molded plastic screwed to the floor.

Guest Mr Clickerson
2007 impreza

Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Sedan.jpeg

2007 STI

hrdp_0401_04_z+2004_subaru_impreza_WRX_STi+interior.jpg

Interior pictures. Your point? Multiple different colors and silver paint don't do much for me.

2002 WS6

0808gmhtp_06_z+2002_pontiac_trans_am_ws6+interior_view_hws_nitrous_controller.jpg

2002 SS

2002%20Chevrolet%20Camaro%20dash.jpg

that's why you dont get the low end models

Yes, because my mother, going on 59 years old, needs a WRX or an STI.

4th GEN camaro looks like a sebring with racing stripes

Other way around. Chrysler ripped off GM for that design.

I knew a kid in high school who wrecked his Expedition because of uncontrollable acceleration. Seems to be an issue that strikes most automakers. Idk if he had direct pedal to throttle connection or fly by wire, but the accelerator stuck about a quarter of the way down when he revved it pulling in to the lot (retard move 1). He kicked it all the way in trying to get it unstuck (retard move 2) which he said usually worked (retard move 3 - not getting it repaired the first time). He panicked and hit the brakes (retard move 4), doing nothing to stop that big v8, went airborne off a pile of earth and landed straight into a Caterpillar. He was ok but for a few airbag burns and the truck was written off, along with any intent they had to buy another Ford.

Other way around. Chrysler ripped off GM for that design.

I already said that, the fact that it could even be compared to such a mild ass car is pretty bad. Just is not intimidating as a car.

Guest Mr Clickerson
I always liked the colors of the sti, blue with gold rims. It says rally car to me.

Ok... And it should, considering that was the US Subaru team's colors through all the years. I would be worried if the look of a Camaro said "rally car" to you.

I already said that, the fact that it could even be compared to such a mild ass car is pretty bad. Just is not intimidating as a car.

98_chrysler_sebring_conv_jxi.jpg

2008-chrysler-sebring-convertible-top.jpg

VS

A3.jpg

14369-2000-Chevrolet-Camaro.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not really seeing it.

Ok... And it should, considering that was the US Subaru team's colors through all the years. I would be worried if the look of a Camaro said "rally car" to you.

I did not say I would choose it over the camaro, I am just saying why I like the sti. The rally colors are one of the reasons too.

chevrolet-camaro-1998a.jpg

18472014_1.jpg

Guest Mr Clickerson
I did not say I would choose it over the camaro, I am just saying why I like the sti. The rally colors are one of the reasons too.

chevrolet-camaro-1998a.jpg

18472014_1.jpg

Ok... It's not like I don't like the STI, either...

They don't really look much alike. It's unmistakable which car is which, and any similarities between the two would be the Sebring after the Camaro- not the other way around.

Ok... It's not like I don't like the STI, either...

They don't really look much alike. It's unmistakable which car is which, and any similarities between the two would be the Sebring after the Camaro- not the other way around.

Look pretty similar to me...

Guest Mr Clickerson
Look pretty similar to me...

Only in the front fascia, but there are several distinct differences. Still, it would be the Sebring looking like a Camaro, not the other way around.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall

"Toyota said Thursday it is recalling 2.3 million vehicles in the U.S. to fix accelerator pedals that can become stuck, the latest in a string of quality problems that have bedeviled the Japanese automaker."

"The latest move comes just months after Toyota Motor Corp. recalled 4.2 million vehicles over concerns that accelerator pedals could become lodged under floor mats, causing sudden acceleration.

Does this bring us to a grand total of 6.5million potentially dangerous cars? o_o

I drive a 2005 Toyota Avalon and the floormat is secure. The accelerator has never gotten stuck either. Every car company makes mistakes, it doesnt mean that all toyotas are bad just because of one problem.

EDIT: Companies recall more products than they have to, it's a liability, it doesn't mean that all of the recalled toyotas are effected.

Guest Mr Clickerson
I drive a 2005 Toyota Avalon and the floormat is secure. The accelerator has never gotten stuck either. Every car company makes mistakes, it doesnt mean that all toyotas are bad just because of one problem.

EDIT: Companies recall more products than they have to, it's a liability, it doesn't mean that all of the recalled toyotas are effected.

A majority of Toyota's lineup has been affected by these recalls... And they're a bit shady, to be honest. The fact that the floor mats in many models couldn't even be put in a position to cause pedals to stick, and in many situations, the pedal was never even stuck, implies that there's more going on than what Toyota is willing to own up to, because this is a MAJOR issue right now.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/29/business/la-fi-toyota-throttle29-2009nov29

http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national/2009/11/09/105173.htm

http://kansascity.injuryboard.com/automobile-accidents/another-toyota-sudden-acceleration-death.aspx?googleid=276656

KHGSWs4uJzY

Before someone says something stupid and comments on the fact that the 911 operator asks if he can shut the vehicle down, that would be a VERY dumb thing to do, especially at those speeds. If you shut the vehicle off, you lose your power steering, power brakes, and all sorts of shit. Having an old truck, I can tell you how difficult it is to control a vehicle whilst on the highway with no power brakes or steering.

NIeoewbPdB4

o3lq3839HdA

laYrW--qYFA

Trust me, it's a widespread issue.

Guest Mr Clickerson
Guest Mr Clickerson

http://www.khou.com/home/Manvel-womans-husband-dies-in-Toyota-crash-82979992.html

More and more and more and more...

EDIT:

A comment from a reader in this article:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/31/toyota-loses-21b-in-market-share-in-one-week-plans-media-blitz/

"Toyota Motor Corp.'s decision to blame its widening sudden-acceleration problem on a gas pedal defect came under attack Friday, with the pedal manufacturer flatly denying that its products were at fault.

the Times review of federal safety records shows several instances of complaints of stuck pedals on vehicles built in Japan, which Toyota has said are not subject to the recall. For example, one complaint, filed two years ago, told of a 2007 Japanese-built Camry in Maryland with a pedal that "stuck to the floor."

A wide group of national automotive experts say there is strong evidence that a hidden electronic problem must account for at least some, if not most, of the Toyota sudden-acceleration events."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-pedal30-2010jan30,0,4401302.story?track=rss

1. Faulty Toyota models dated back to model year 2002. CTS became a pedal supplier in 2005.

2. 'Made in Japan' Camry also sudden-acceleration.

3. CTS 'never' supply their pedal to Lexus model.

All lexus models are 'made in japan' and use japanese made parts only. 'Lexus' ES 350 killed a California Highway Patrol officer and three members

Toyota is stll lying. and they never admit their own fault, only cover-up.