Sign in to follow this  
niC-

My potentially badass idea

Would be alot easier if you had your own re-loading kit. What rifle are you using for this.... experiment? Couple friends and I shot the hell out of 'Jane Eyre' in 10th grade with... everything we had including compound bows.. Then put fire crackers in it... Then tried to load it into a trap thrower. It didn't fly very far, but shooting it on the ground with 3 1/2"s was fun. And yes, blow the hell out of as many of those books as you can find.

We do have our own reloading kit. I'm going to use a Winchester Model 70 .30-06 for this "experiment."

Anyway, I ended up drilling out the plastic tip. The only thing is, is the opening is so damn small. It's hard to get a drop from an ear dropper (only thing that we have) onto the tip without the bead rolling off. Sticking a capri-sun straw inside of the ear dropper helps though. It helps control the bead size.. a little.

It'd be nice to have a syringe for this.

But even so, I think I used too much water in the solution. When the bead finally dries there's not much solid stuff left behind. It takes me about 6 drops to get a decent amount inside.

Also, why did I put this in spam? I'm missing valuable post counts ):

If you have to reform the ballistic tip anways, you could try it with a 9mm or .45 hollowpoint. Much bigger opening and you'd be holding it farther away from your face if anything goes wrong.