Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Obama

Heh, that was the point. Its completely off topic of the issue, but anyone can bring it up and get people to listen to it. Politics boils down to what you can get through the media and if you can convince people that theres a possibility of it happening. As far as Obama goes, nothing really ever changes in this country. We switch leaders every four to eight years as it is, and sure there are slight differences in domestic and foreign policy.. but very few things really ever change the outlook of the public as a whole. There are a few exceptions like slavery and discrimination law, but even things like the anti-trust acts have loopholes in them that people work through. I guess everything has to start small somewhere though. Good luck to him getting something worthwhile passed that gets the ball rolling in a positive direction of some sense.

edit: Not saying you listened to or agreed with it, but there are so many forums now for discussion that people get their news from everywhere. Constituents hear their news from everywhere and rip the shit out of their delegates when they have no idea what they're talking about. Delegates want to get re-elected, and thats what matters in their voting (for most of them.)

Amen to most of this post. We elect people to hope they fuck up the least, and do something for people.

Reason why I voted for Obama is because of this health care, and if something doesn't get fixed, I'll definately be disappointed. IMO, it beats McCain, because he was scaring me with the possibility of going after Iran and the like.

Guest Fohacidal
Amen to most of this post. We elect people to hope they fuck up the least, and do something for people.

Reason why I voted for Obama is because of this health care, and if something doesn't get fixed, I'll definately be disappointed. IMO, it beats McCain, because he was scaring me with the possibility of going after Iran and the like.

Id rather have us going after Iran and not the Israelis, unpredictable little jews

Id rather have us going after Iran and not the Israelis, unpredictable little jews

I doubt we'll go after them at all. We are allied with them (for whatever reason that is), so chances are, we won't hit them.

Not like there's any point in hitting either atm.

Guest Fohacidal
I doubt we'll go after them at all. We are allied with them (for whatever reason that is), so chances are, we won't hit them.

Not like there's any point in hitting either atm.

You read that wrong, us going after Iran instead of Israel jumping the gun and going for Iran. Not like they havent tried before.

We're allied with them because we sent them back there after WWII; and, unlike after the Afghan conflict with Russia, we have a larger basis of support for Israel with all the Christians and Jews in America. Also, Mossad intelligence is a huge help in the Middle East.