Sign in to follow this  
Battle-Bug

Night Vision Coding Possibility?

I was wondering if it was possible to code the Night Vision goggles so that when you turned them on, they'd render all enemies 100% visible. This means that when your screen turns green, all invisible and semi-invisible players become visible. Lets just pretend it's infra-red vision.

This would be a great counter for invisible races. It would defeat invisibility while obstructing the vision of the user (green tinted grayscale can make it hard to see, especially on bright maps). Also, since you have to buy the NV and have it enabled to use this advantage, it wouldn't be too much of a weakness. It would be like buying Duke Nukem glasses or a defusal kit.

This might make for a good new shop item. I'd prefer to see a price between $1000 and $2000.

Guest Horny©at
I was wondering if it was possible to code the Night Vision goggles so that when you turned them on, they'd render all enemies 100% visible. This means that when your screen turns green, all invisible and semi-invisible players become visible. Lets just pretend it's infra-red vision.

This would be a great counter for invisible races. It would defeat invisibility while obstructing the vision of the user (green tinted grayscale can make it hard to see, especially on bright maps). Also, since you have to buy the NV and have it enabled to use this advantage, it wouldn't be too much of a weakness. It would be like buying Duke Nukem glasses or a defusal kit.

This might make for a good new shop item. I'd prefer to see a price between $1000 and $2000.

I'm gonna take your idea and make it better,here goes.

-Tunnel vision night goggles

-affect only lasts about 1 minute for every round

-only allowed to see enemies within a 100 meter radius (that way you can't see a KJ from the other side of the map)

I think this may be possible,You never know.

Who wants to try to tackle this? I'd guess that it's going to be the hardest item ever coded. However, there will be major cool points for the guy who pulls it off. :)

btw, I was thinking that we should also use this to show burrowed Zerglings. Remember that in StarCraft, observation craft can see burrowed Zerglings. Since the Zergling is underground, making it visible won't help. Perhaps we should put a sprite over it's head. Even just the mic sprite would do the trick.

=3

I made a race like this... It has "True Vision" ... I don't have "File-to-Peer"

I don't get the last part.

Edit: Better names would include the Sword of Omens (Thundercat sword that gave "sight beyond sight"), Noob Vision, Optical Disillusion, etc.

Sign in to follow this