Sign in to follow this  
JustFetus

Affinity Gamers? uh...

You see, there is a very large difference between a noun and an adjective.

When "affinity" is used as an adjective (such as in the name "Affinity Gamers or -ing"): "pertaining to persons who share the same interests". I would say that we all share a common interest in games.

I got banned from a eGO CoD4 server because I swore but not directly at people.

I said "Quit your bitchin" and got banned because this one kid called EVERYONE a hacker if they killed him. :(

It's rather boring IMO. Plus there's no good looking tags. -[aG]- is everywhere.

Let's just fucking change it to FFD already.

Make it's a 3 letter acronym (each letter meaning something) and then Community.

Like ATL Community. Tag could be ATL. It's bad ass. fuck. it doesnt have to be community either. Group, network, assembly if you even wanted to go that far. Gaming is alright too.

Well whatever the name that is used I'll still honor that name. I'd just like to see this be more open then "we said so". Doesn't seem like much changes even if people are removed.

There was a thread to suggest name changes-- got up to 9 pages long, got lots of feedback. Maybe you missed it?

Make it's a 3 letter acronym (each letter meaning something) and then Community.

Like ATL Community. Tag could be ATL. It's bad ass. fuck. it doesnt have to be community either. Group, network, assembly if you even wanted to go that far. Gaming is alright too.

Quick, think of something for MNU. I like the sound of it.

Yea I saw that. I just don't like the idea of a select few that make the final decision. I never said people didn't give feed back. This thread is just that. I'm saying what about our opinion on the final name.

I don't like tags with brackets and equal characters, I want a simplistic tag, for example: .uV

Oh, god I hate this tags. I like symmetric tags. None of that Uv.# crap.

Okay I just stumbled across a clan name whilst talking to CheeseCake...Cease & Desist, clan tags could be: C&D .cD c&D. You get the idea, we both think this is badass.

So, the community you RELY ON FOR DONATIONS gets ZERO say in the new name.

I'm not expecting all donations to stop, but I'm sure the ones who DONATE should at least get a say in the name of the company this seems to be turning into.

Okay I just stumbled across a clan name whilst talking to CheeseCake...Cease & Desist, clan tags could be: C&D .cD c&D. You get the idea, we both think this is badass.

Yeah something with "(letter here) & (letter here)" would be a fine balance between "classy" and "bad ass"

Guest Fohacidal
There was a thread to suggest name changes-- got up to 9 pages long, got lots of feedback. Maybe you missed it?

ya, and 10 entire pages of suggestions were ignored, presidentchaos tossed out AG from affinity gaming and on page 12 you seemed to make the decision for that solid. There wasnt even a topic for top10 manager chosen names, you just picked AG at the end of the topic and stuck with it

I want to see us waiting a good two weeks, possibly up to a month to find a good name the majority of us can agree on "instead of hopping onto the first OK name that floats by."

So the clan just consists of males? =P

Well, humans are work doesn't have the same ring to it, right? :P

Humans with Hats sounds really, really cool though. :D:D

Dictator

that's what i was thinking. it seems to me that all the suggestions were barely even considered. as soon as "we" heard affinity it was like: "OPEN THE TRUNK. DO IT. JUST DO IT."

how about choosing a name that means something and not just choosing something two people liked and because the domain was available?

i thought one of the points of having a leader removed was so people could have a little more input. this is just the kind of thing i wasn't hoping to see. there were so many suggestions put forth and a vote from the community wasn't even offered to help narrow down those suggestions.

so a little dictator-ish. maybe. short sided and inconsiderate, yes.