Sign in to follow this  
driz

my gsxr750

I just finished the final touches on my baby, here goes

it's a 2008 gsx-r750 with a -1 +2 520 conversion kit; a garrett t25 stage1 turbo kit with 6psi boost; k&n racing air filter, two bros racing full titanium exhaust system with carbon fiber can; carbon fiber rims; velocity stacks titanium intakes; power commander V and wideband commander with autotuner; 8" extended swingarm with a 240 conversion kit on the rear tire and lowered 3"; wet nitrous kit with steel lines, 30hp shots

i drag it's awesome

Pics. All BS to me unless i see pics

well, aside from the obvious, much of it's internal... but ill post some pics up in a few minutes

I just finished the final touches on my baby, here goes

it's a 2008 gsx-r750 with a -1 +2 520 conversion kit; a garrett t25 stage1 turbo kit with 6psi boost; k&n racing air filter, two bros racing full titanium exhaust system with carbon fiber can; carbon fiber rims; velocity stacks titanium intakes; power commander V and wideband commander with autotuner; 8" extended swingarm with a 240 conversion kit on the rear tire and lowered 3"; wet nitrous kit with steel lines, 30hp shots

i drag it's awesome

Ok, here's some pics... obviously you can't really "SEE" the 520 kit or the teeth count on it, the chain is just a bit thicker, the difference in teeth drops top end speed but increases launch torque. The turbo we actually took pics during the build, so here they are. the exhaust is almost 100% useless but i need it to bring the bike onto my army post, the velocity stacks are just aluminum pipes vs the plastic pipes in the airbox, k&n airfilter looks same as a car one, just smaller; the power commander and wideband commander... well duh you MUST have them in a turbo build... they're inside the rear fairing... You can see the extension in the build pics, it's adjustable if you didnt notice; the 240 kit isn't on yet, i'll get new pics of that soon, and it's obviously lowered (if you've seen this bike, you know its much higher) I'll take pics of the nos bottle (its in the trunk) when i take the pics of the 240 kit (although... if you've not seen a nos kit on a bike, you won't recognize the rest of it)

Also, i bought some spray tint and a new LED tail light the other day, so im tinting the blinkers and taillight black (to make everything black) i took the passenger footpegs off and ordered vortex black racing rearsets... and pazzo black shorty levers, the goal is to make the whole bike jet black. The next purchase will be an 8000k HID kit and then tint the headlight cover black (the HIDs are bright enough that they'll still shine through fairly brightly)

more pics from the first set

more pics, this is the exhaust (an exhaust is required to enter a military base in the US)

the tinting applied to the front blinkers, the rears look the same, i'll get the taillight pic soon

the new windscreen (i broke the original one i had)

Do want. I dont like those big mirrors though

At the track i put blockoff plates (they're just black aluminum pieces that fill in where the mirror was, they stay flush) on, but again, another military thing... to get on post i have to have mirrors :(

as to the HP, in bikes, people will pay hundreds of dollars for 1 (yes, one) HP... the stock gsxr750 has around 130 HP (weighs around 370lbs wet) with the turbo and other gizmogadgets the last dyno (when the custom power commander map was made) put it at 195rwhp (this is without spray) which is about 40 more than a stock 1000

with spray, depending on how good the racer is (im not the best, only been racing for a year) i can beat a ninja zx14 (1400cc bike, 100cc more than a hayabusa) but any skilled rider on that bike can beat me, but i hold my own

What kind of modifications did you have to make to the top end? I assume you needed at least a steal head, since a stock GSXR head is cast aluminum.... it WILL pop like a balloon if you leave it be.

All in all looks like a good mod, reminds me of when my friend souped up his Ford Focus with a Zeetec head and what I have officially dubbed "super soaker NOS injection". It lasted about 3 months before the head ruptured but it was sick when it was working.

For the car geeks, no the rings did NOT go before the head. OEM Ford rings are next to godliness. Prove me wrong.

What kind of modifications did you have to make to the top end? I assume you needed at least a steal head, since a stock GSXR head is cast aluminum.... it WILL pop like a balloon if you leave it be.

All in all looks like a good mod, reminds me of when my friend souped up his Ford Focus with a Zeetec head and what I have officially dubbed "super soaker NOS injection". It lasted about 3 months before the head ruptured but it was sick when it was working.

For the car geeks, no the rings did NOT go before the head. OEM Ford rings are next to godliness. Prove me wrong.

I just got back from roundup 2009 in atlanta (at the motor speedway)

top end? top end doesn't matter in dragracing, most of my mods actually decrease my top end pretty significantly... the 520 conversion (-1+2) takes about 20mph off my topend... I'm not precisely sure what you're talking about with the heads, aside from the frame itself, most of the steel items (the original 4-to-1 headers and pipes were steel, they're titanium now) weight reduction is fairly important. with a stage1 turbo (as long as you dont exceed around 8psi) you dont need to make significant body changes. you have to reinforce all of the bolts, and make some changes to the forks and suspension (ohlins works here) aside from that, 8psi of boost wont really do too much damage to the bike. (immediately at least)

psychobikes.com has some interesting articles, dudes with busas and stage3 kits pushing 500+hp they've changed the frame completely to support the power

nvm, i reread your post and assume you're talking the nos, the kit is direct, i've only used it 4 times, but i didnt make body changes for the NOS at all.

Apparently the terminology is different with bikes... heh

Heads = The head over the piston / combustion chamber.

Top End = Everything from the combustion chamber up.

I'm surprised the aluminum head can take 8psi. Considering I've seen full size V6's rupture at around 8PSI before, and thats much thicker than that Honda.

Titanium pipes mmmmm what did that run you? I imagine they are super fucking light, I would have to guess that the headers probably weigh in at about 4-5 pounds a piece aye?

I once had a friend who boosted a 4g63t up to well over 30 pounds, our gauge only went to 30 so yea.. the rupture on that was fantastic.

That engine was also mounted in a Ford Taurus heh.

i just bought new stuffz (for my bday which is the 18th)! it's all cosmetic, but it will be very pretty soon (more so than already) stay tuned for new pics.

i blew a header in a race last night :( i am sad. the fucking titanium shit is expensive and i dont wanna replace things... blah.

ordered the parts to fix it.. will be in on friday.. :(

i won the race that i broke the bike in :D so at least some good news from it.

ok, so in order (im drunk, forgive typos) anyway:

bike right, bike left, front faeing/headlights, headers, right lever, pc3, new grips, windscreen, gascap/base (keyless), LEDs to solder in the guage cluster for a blue backligyht.e

I live near Fort Carson in Colorado Springs and no offense but that is the stereotypical bike for military personel. A rare occasion when I see an R1/R6 or even a CBR or Ninja. Still a nice bike but Gixxer's are just friken everywhere..

Damn Driz, 6x combo.

Sorry, had to say it.

I wish i could do up my car. Ford Focus.

The only major mod is that we put a newer Zetec Engine into the older model. So it does not say Zetec, but it has the engine. Backhand the dealer to put the engine in. £50 is well worth it. As well it keeps the insurance down so it's all good.

Apart from that, just fitting a new stereo. I suck at modding. =(

But then again, i have no space, no money, and the police can seize the car if you do it up on the public road. If you do it on your drive, they will still try and do something about it.

Also, sorry going off topic.

But yeah, thats a nice ride.

Someone i know atm is doing up a Kawasaki. It's a nice thing, don't know the model, quite old. He finding pars on ebay to fix it up. Atm, to keep him occupied, he making a bigger fuel tank. The sides have been cut off, then he's welding an extra 2-4 inches at the front, coming back to about 1 inch. So it looks a bit more like a triangle.

But, yeah drix, nice bike. I hope it does what you wanted it to do with the mods.