Sign in to follow this  
driz

Hey

Hey all, I'm will, I go by driz online. I've been playing CS for a little over 10 years now, and started playing WC3 mod back on 1.6 with only 4 races (Human rocked) I just got back from a long deployment to afghanistan and haven't played CS in about 2 years. I've started up again on the WC2 server and am loving it.

I've been in the Army for 7 years now, I'm a commissioned officer through an Army ROTC program. I have a Bachelor's of Science in Computer science with an emphasis in Internet and Web technology, a minor in math and military science. I have a Master's of Science in Information Technology with an emphasis in Web Services Security. I'm currently going through the Functional Area 24 course for the Army (we pretty much build the internet in warzones and make it better in non-war zones)

I'm have a Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP. CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, and Linux+. Im a Linux Professional Institute level 2 certified expert, an MCSE+i with a 2000 upgrade (haven't done the newer stuff yet) and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. I am working on on CISSP ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering Professional) currently.

I am stationed at Fort Gordon, GA (which is in Augusta, GA) until July 2010, when I will PCS to Fort Bragg, NC (fayetteville, NC).

I am an avid sportbike drag racer. My current bike is a slightly modified 2008 GSX r750.

That's all i can think of about me, any questions, ask away.

most of you may not know me, so i thought i'd bump my original intro since i've just recently returned to the community after a vacation.

to update things, like last time, i just got back from another long deployment to afghaniland and have recently transitioned from the military to the civilian world. I'm now an engineer for a healthcare company. When i got out, it was with 11 years in the army, as a Functional Area 24 officer. FA24 is a telecommunications engineer and is highly specialized. the failure rate in the course during the math and electrical engineering portions is a little over 50% when i went through. I left the military after 3 years with the 82D Airborne Division, where i was a highly motivated jumpmaster. 

I moved with my wife and 2 daughters to Nashville, TN about 3 months ago, and we are currently building our new home. I live about an hour from chosen (we went to college together) 

I used to race sport bikes pretty regularly, but my bike was stolen in dec 2012 and i havent purchased a new one yet.   You can click my name for more information about my background and hobbies. I look forward to playing with you all. 

hey all, just to respond to some things, thanks it's always an honor to serve even though the food sucks :( i think we have quite a few members in the service now, so thanks to them aswell. as to why i left, there were a multitude of reasons, the first app was back during the p2 drama and other issues, i came back after that was resolved and ended up with a new kid and just kinda dropped off during the app process. now, i have a little more time to dedicate and im seeing this through. Jayy, yup, i hadnt tried any zombie stuff since zm, so i thought i would give it a shot.. i dont like it :) zm was way better, i do like ttt quite a bit

anyway, looking forward to playing with you all

i think he meant whyd you leave after 11 years of service, driz. im kinda curious too

^ all you needed was 20 to retire so close.

half way is a good time to decide to get in or out. For pay, i was a captain with over 10 yrs, dependents, and jump pay; the only reason i didnt get out at 10 exactly was being in afghanistan. My unit is already getting ready to go back for another year and with 3 kids and a wife i never got to see it was causing family issues. Getting out was the right thing for me.. we cant all hide out in army schools like chosen and never deploy ;0   or only do 9 months when we go over!!   anyway, i had some pretty great job offers with nice perks, for example, i work from home 3 days a week which is pretty nice, so im only in my work office 16 hours a week, the rest of the time im in my undies in my home office. Deployment in my field just sucks, you're responsible for an entire country's network to include phones, computers, and UAV feeds; when something breaks it ALWAYS an emergency.. i got tired of 18 hour days with no days off and didnt want to do it again.  I would say my new job is very nice the pay is good, the 401k matching is great and the IT sector is booming in healthcare, so there is a ton of money in it.

As for certs, i did a college program my senior year of high school and started there. I did my CCNA in 98 along with MCSE+i. I let the mcse die when Ad came out but maintained the CCNA and needed the CCNP voice and R/S for work. I did the linux certs in 2007 when we began rolling out more systems on a linux platform. I did vmware when i got ready to migrate all of our call managers in southern afghan to VMs and moved out netmon tools to VMs. A+ i did when i was 15 to prove a point to some friends. network+ i did as part of a college course in 2000. the CCIE voice was a job requirement that has since fell off, but im continuing to study anyway. Security+ and CISSP are DoD requirements for administrators DoDi 8570.1 so i was required to get them, i think i did them in .. 2008 or 9. The EMC and RHCE are requirements for my current job.. as to time .. i winged a few of them where i had enough experience and surprisingly passed, for the RHCE i set up a lab in the house and prepped, for CCNP i set up labs, for CCIE i have a lab; for vmware, you are required to take a class to certify anyway, so i took the class and passed the test. My entire background is in IT so i've found the certs to be pretty easy.. I did my masters degree at night over the course of a couple years.   As to where, all over, some in TN, some in GA, some in Afghanistan, some in Kuwait, some in NC, just depended on where i was at the time.

For you black woman, that looks like where i just spent a year, but my first time in afghanistan was in Kabul and theres a ton of trees/grass.  but yah.. sand  more sand, and some shit from when the russians invaded back in the day because afghans are lazy and wont clean shit up.

Edited by driz