Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

The JB Discussion

I'm posting this thread today mostly in the want to get some thoughts and ideas out about the JB server. Right now, from what I've observed admining on the server, is that things do not seem to work out well, or punishments are not subject to people that do not wish to cooperate for the better; this is mostly focusing on the CT side, of course.

I'd have to say in the two weeks I've been on, the server isn't really fun, but more of a babysitting game with CT's that don't really get what's going on half the time. I understand people make mistakes. I get that completely, but it's getting to a point where lots of things don't work out on both sides, which in turn is making for a lot of drama over something little, or a human mistake. Namely, people complaining about stuff admins are doing, or smaller things in game such as constant complaints/spam from T's.

From what it's coming down to, it seems more and more like the players on the server want to nitpick details down to the bone. That's alright to a point, but it's getting down to details that are borderline idiocy. Such as when T's are told to 'go outside their cell and freeze immediately', they run out, jump down or to somewhere and then if the warden tells them to move closer to the cell, they start with 'you didn't say a distance'. Seriously? I get the point of orders, but it shouldn't be derailed to the point where you want to nitpick on a small detail that technically should be common sense.

As to common sense, I'd like to see a rule about CT's following the Lead CT where he is. Games lately have had many deputies just wandering and not contributing, but yet I apparently can't do anything even if it's making only half the CT's available which in turn makes keeping order and all a bigger problem since some want to just wander and mess around, while not actually playing.

And one more thing that I'd like to see. In the rules for JB, is it possible that we could also define the various freedays and their limitations too? I've been hearing too much speculation on it, without any real clarification or real meaning to it, outside of 'don't shoot them or it's freekilling'.

So, this'll start off this discussion. I'd hope this stays a bit civil in talking about the ideas, but I have a feeling that won't be the case. I really would like this thread to be a start for ideas and the like, since the server IS good, but small things are just holding it down, and general complaining/nitpicking are slowing it down and making it a babysit server, rather than JB. Lets see how it goes.

Look take charge be a hardass give them restrictions dont back down if they dont listen pull out the old ban hamma dont be afraid to ban another admin if he is breaking the rules.

Look take charge be a hardass give them restrictions dont back down if they dont listen pull out the old ban hamma dont be afraid to ban another admin if he is breaking the rules.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. I have been more of a hardass, but this is becoming more of an admin v. admin issue on rules and nitpicking. Last night there were quite a few on, but everyone had a viewpoint on what should be done for various topics, which then gets in the way of things as they come.

Honestly if there is anything that I'd like to see for the JB server is just a clarification of things, or addition of things so that rules are more clear for everyone. Right now there's a bit of debate on things, partly from people not reading, and partly from people taking into account what they feel is best/right, which in turn leads to bitching on both sides.

Cts would b more organized if u made races for cts. (stealing sketch's idea) like Warden, enforcer etc. shouldn't b thattt hard to code since its just the race, no special abilities and a limit to 1 for warden per team, etc.

Ct's just need to be strict. What I do is that when a T dissobeys I just pull out the awp and BOOM HEADSHOT! No warning and it's perfectly legal. Noob Ct's are always Ct's that give out warnings before a kill.

*Warning, give a warning to "drop a gun."