Sign in to follow this  
Baatar

Video Games = Violence

Its not all on the parents people shouldnt be dumb enough

to go oh i did it on counter strike lets go do it in real life

i mean hell u move 100 miles and hour in counter strike how

can it be aplied to real life besides through guns

I think people are aiming more at the games like GTA and what not Wugg but I have to say it all comes down to what teh parents teach their kids how the kids are raised and holyshit dan it has been a long time :P

im not saying its not there fails yah they should teach

there kids not to play with guns and this and that

but i was just using counterstrike as an example

GTA is a big one

Dip shats. No one can connect Video games and killings together. It's your fault if you kill someone not the video games.

They have no way of back the shit up. They just use it for an excuse.

Dip shats. No one can connect Video games and killings together. It's your fault if you kill someone not the video games.

They have no way of back the shit up. They just use it for an excuse.

Yes my point exactly, you ultimately make your own decisions and you alone are responsible for those decisions. It doesn't matter how you came to those decisions.

Hi DrunkenMonky, it has been a long time.

Hmmm IMO Faith is the biggest cause of Violence much larger then Video games...I mean are we waging Holy wars over the new games coming out? Have we commited genocide over PS3s and Xbox360s? not that I last checked. where as they are STILL to this day and for teh better part of the last 1500 years have been fighting over the "Holy city" which truthfully in my eyes is nothing more then a pile of rubble The only reason the Cristains rose to power is because some 2000 years ago they caught the ear of some ruler who said hey your god will forgive me for ordering this people killed as long as I say I won't do it again? ~mutters quitly and ends rant before I start a major derailment from this thread~

i'll have to say it again, organized religion hasn't caused any violent acts in a long time. the influence of a religion is not as impactful as a video screen these days.

Since when has a video game influenced someone to commit a violent act?

And there was the nut job who was brainwashing people into his religious views, which ended up being a gun fight with him, ATF agents, and FBI agents, say bout what? 20 years ago?

i'll have to say it again, organized religion hasn't caused any violent acts in a long time. the influence of a religion is not as impactful as a video screen these days.

ugh, srsly? do you even watch the news? Religion's, organized ones at that, are still warring with each other over a piece of land, in a conflict that wont end until one side is gone completely.

ugh, srsly? do you even watch the news? Religion's, organized ones at that, are still warring with each other over a piece of land, in a conflict that wont end until one side is gone completely.

that is a conflict caused by "who was there first" and a piece of land. the two groups involved just happen to be religious ones. thus, the religions involved aren't the actual cause of violence.

its only partly true imp only when it involes a lil immature like 8 year old playing m rated games that doesnt understand its a game

Guest Fohacidal

Lolwut squeeze me? I guess a long time isnt that much of a long time for you, honestly...

People always try to tie EVERYTHING with gaming, not just violent acts....They tried to get Mass Effect for that one sex scene (Not even considered sex, didn't see nothing) and I think I saw something where they tried to tie Virginia Tech to the murderer playing CS

Its about how your raised during childhood period. Your parents are the greatest factor, but influences from outside parties like friends and media will also change your habits/ attitude. Still since parents are the greatest factor if one parent is carefule enough they can mould there child into a mini-me lol. ( Kids copy parents habits easily and will stick.)

Video games... hmmm

People don't believe the small capital letter in the corner means anything.

'M' stands for Mature, 17 and up. NOT eight years old and older.

of course, this is 100% the parents fault.

Now, i grew up in a house where my dad STRICTLY enforced the rating rule, i mean i got the smackdown if he saw me playing an older game. Now, i made up some excuse for CSS and told him it was BF2 (which is T), so i could play it early, but other than that, i pretty much have followed it. My little bro is going through the same thing right now (can only play E games)

of course, me and my older bro found a way to get around this annoying rule, but whatever

whoops double post

My parents dont allow me to play games like GTA and stuff. CSS is hardly even gorry and bloody. GTA is probably the worst game though.

My parents dont allow me to play games like GTA and stuff. CSS is hardly even gorry and bloody. GTA is probably the worst game though.

Well..you are 12. Though I don't really believe in following the age restrictions extremely, I'd say there should be some limitations for games at your age.

Stop rezzing posts.

yes i agree with u, but u have to admit. CSS isnt that bloody as GTA is

CSS is comparable to Teletubies when you compare it to games such as Manhunt, Resident Evil, Gears of War and other various shooters/horror games.

As to games causing issues: Wrong. Just cause you play something doesn't mean it's the game's fault. That's the excuse parents make nowadays to take the blame off themselves since they bought a 12 year old a shooting game and he got into guns then. It's also the players fault for getting overly into it in the first place. Humans have brains, if they don't use them sensibly and understand that they are bad, they are only accountable for their own actions.

Its just a game. If the game makes kids start to like guns and go crazy. Its parents fault. I know Terrorists are bad and everything. My parents make sure I don't go crazy like some kids do. Smart parents means smart kids :D