Sign in to follow this  
Triv

ma_admins

I really miss that command.

Being able to see which admins are on.

But now with sourcemod I dont think theres a command like that. There have been times where I just wanted to see whoes an admin on the server at the moment. Plus there have been instances where an admin was on an alias,canceling votes,or pissing other admins off. And there was no way for the other admins and I to see who that admin with an alias really was.

Im guessing theres a plugin for this command aswell?

Guest NeverEndingXsin

actually i believe the command is

sm_who

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoinStar13 @ May 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It will be enabled on the next update.

THANK YOU. It's very annoying not knowing who the admins are.

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ May 5 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

THANK YOU. It's very annoying not knowing who the admins are.

agreed. its about time we got this

Because its not fully needed. Sometimes ADMINs are on their anonymously so they can have the atmosphere be more calm around them. People are more likely to have a good time when the admin is also having one and is not being identified by other admins.

So what,its sometimes really important to know who the other admins are on the server.

i don't think it's needed at all. there is really no reason for anyone to know the status of another. it gains you nothing. If you NEED an admin for something, ask ig, and someone will either help you, or contact someone who can....

if there is an admin on who isn't helping you... knowing they're an admin won't force them to help you...

i don't think it's needed at all. there is really no reason for anyone to know the status of another. it gains you nothing. If you NEED an admin for something, ask ig, and someone will either help you, or contact someone who can....

if there is an admin on who isn't helping you... knowing they're an admin won't force them to help you...

This. Is not a one word post.

sm_who is useful when knowing FuzzyCat is playing under another name, and not doing anything to fix the teams.

However, I have all of the admins i've seen STEAMID saved in a notepad.

sm_who is useful when knowing FuzzyCat is playing under another name, and not doing anything to fix the teams.

hax!?

but anyway, my point is, if fuzzycat isn't helping, and you know he's an admin, and you say "fuzzycat, i know you're on here, fix the teams" if he wasn't helping before, he'll likely just ignore you. I just dont see what this will solve, but i do see it causing 10x more complaint threads about admins not doing what others think they should be doing, to which i say, "buy admin and do it the way you think it should be done!"

i dont balance teams, nor will i ever. I put AFK guys in spectate, or kick them when the server is full... I fix people who get stuck, i kick or ban guys who deserve such action, and that's it.

Someone knowing im an admin and bugging me to do more than the above will result in me !muting them

For the millionth time, admins are not required to fix teams.

sm_who is staying disabled for the time being.

For the millionth time, admins are not required to fix teams.

1.Try one's best to even teams out the teams in a fair and even method without regard to personal benifit or other's feelings or love for teamstacking. Many players hate being on the losing team so note that players may complain, attempt to return to their previous team or even leave the game when you switch them. Be stern and ignore complaints, as long as the teams are fair. After ten rounds the balance of the teams should become clear, this is a good time to balance the teams. Additionally, the 20th round is a good point as well. Even if you are not admin you can help to even out the teams, although it is not a rule, it is considered fair-play to hinder yourself to help the other team: change tactics, use a weaker gun, use a different race and ect. On top of this it is also considered good sportsmanship to change to the losing team instead of prominently staying on the winning side. Admins should know that they are players as well.

What I was going off of.

That is on Warcraft Source Server 1. Server 2 has no such rule. Its nice, but half the time when you do switch people, the winning time starts to complain.

I was talking about server 1, Just because you play on server 2 does not mean that is it the default server.

Sign in to follow this