Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

D2 suggestion

Every time I check the dust2 server it's really laggy. I think that a simple solution would be to have a round limit or 30 minute time limit. Not only would this change up teams it would also restart the server and possibly solve lag issues? Seeing as how no one is ever on to restart it when I check on the server I think this should be implemented so that dust2 can maybe gain some regulars and populate more often.

Just a thought... Hopefully someone will look here and at least adress the lag problem. <_<

Guest Spetsnaz

I am not sure, but I dont think you can set a timer in which the server will restart, but for the rest, I am agree with you :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uhrussian @ Mar 15 2009, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I am not sure, but I dont think you can set a timer in which the server will restart, but for the rest, I am agree with you :)

mp_roundtime. GG.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandman @ Mar 15 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Should have it reset at a certain off-peak time every day. As in a complete automatic server reboot. Most servers do it.

So around like... early morningish?

Also, nice new avatar Ratt.

Guest Spetsnaz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ Mar 15 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

mp_roundtime. GG.

So around like... early morningish?

Also, nice new avatar Ratt.

Oh my bad

Russian

Guest Spetsnaz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ Mar 15 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Haha, no problem. Just helping out. Not meaning to be an asshole.

No prob, I know what you mean.

Russian

In my oppinion it should either get dropped or changed to excite people, the fact that it runs constantly stirs the lag pot and I heard that maybe it was going to change into a Dust2/Office? sounds a little better.

Honestly, I dont think that there are enough decent rotation servers. I think it would be nice if instead of trying to force the dust2 map down everybody's throats, we made it into a 6-8 map rotation server with the classics like nuke and italy. No bullshit created shitty maps, unless of course somebody in the server wanted to try theirs out for a little while, and no lame mods: just CSS the way that it was meant to be played, AWPs and autosnipers abound. Restart the HLSX servers for it, get all new stats. Promote the new server on places like FPSB saying that it's a "true CSS server, no gimmicks". No lame siphon mods, no bank.... maybe betting but thats about it. Just the pure T vs CT CSS experience.

It's still going pretty slow, it takes forever to join, and the doors open extremely slowly. I asked around, and it's everyone, not just me. I got it populated earlier today and everyone was having the same problems, eventually everyone left.

Also, for some reason the flashlight is disabled, it's no big deal, but there are some spots in certain maps that the flashlight would help out on. Is there a reason it's restricted, or was it just an accident?

Sign in to follow this