Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

"Sixth Sense" Technology

that is amazing , really. but heres my question. when he talked to that asian kid, he had the words all over his stomach... he didnt have any special glasses on to see that.. so like wouldnt he wonder why theres words all over him

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 11 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

that is amazing , really. but heres my question. when he talked to that asian kid, he had the words all over his stomach... he didnt have any special glasses on to see that.. so like wouldnt he wonder why theres words all over him

LOL a thought just came across my mind

what if some bad words came up on you ...lol you just look down and it says like "homo"

Guest Fohacidal

The next step now would to minimize the technology even more and create a projected image in midair, not necessarily 3d, but projected so that a surface wouldnt even be necessary. This way would could strap on a device to their wrist or something, like a watch, and do stuff with it a la spy kids (for lack of a better example)

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 11 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The next step now would to minimize the technology even more and create a projected image in midair, not necessarily 3d, but projected so that a surface wouldnt even be necessary. This way would could strap on a device to their wrist or something, like a watch, and do stuff with it a la spy kids (for lack of a better example)

The word you're looking for is holograph.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eggcracker @ Mar 11 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

and i think she said something about brain implant in the future :o

That's just speculative. We don't have nearly enough understanding of the human brain to make a chip that embeds in your brain and feeds you information.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Levyon @ Mar 11 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Shit, thats the tits.

Basically sums up what I was going to say.

Fuck putting a chip in my brain. What next? People who hack your thoughts? Make you think you're gay? Find out your Pin number?

NOT DOWN!!!

onion65.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 12 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Fuck putting a chip in my brain. What next? People who hack your thoughts? Make you think you're gay? Find out your Pin number?

NOT DOWN!!!

onion65.jpg

It would be like something out of Ghost in the Shell.

While this is cool as tits, I don't think its going to really happen. Logistically, implementing this is going to be a nightmare. Creating a standard for this thing to read signals like that newspaper thing is going to quite a task. The biggest beef I have with it though is am I the only person who thinks that projecting my browsing habits onto a wall is going to get me in a bit of trouble. Throwing text onto someone who you're talking to is never going to be a good idea because I wouldn't want a web search of me to be the first thing a person see's about me.