Sign in to follow this  
JDDZip

Racewhoring Rule

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDDZip @ Mar 18 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

#1 - No, if you read the full race rule it states this

#2 - When they are asked, sometimes you don't tab at your score every round

#3 - Yes

#4 - Yes

#5 - Less then 4:1

#6 - I would say temp ban to be honest, because think about it. If you slay them you are just doing what they were doing before, and if you kick them they will come back with their ratio reset. So I would have to say the only real punishment here would have to be a temp ban (maybe not that long, 5-30 minutes)

No Race Whoring` If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a new race (preferably an unmaxed race) as soon as you die, or within two rounds, whichever comes first. In addition, after you switch, if after three rounds your ratio is still at least 4:1, you must switch again. Continue switching every three rounds thereafter, until your ratio becomes something less than 4:1.

This is what is currently the offical rule.

The only thing is mentions if you can stop switching races when your ratio falls below 4-1, never mentions when you can go back to using max races.

Should I not switch off a max race unless someone asks me to so they know I just changed race?

What would be the punishment for logging on the same race every map until you whore it then switch off? or some ppl log off? (then log back on the next map with the same race)

If they race whore a race, should they not be allowed to use it for the rest of the current map and the next?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 18 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No Race Whoring` If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a new race (preferably an unmaxed race) as soon as you die, or within two rounds, whichever comes first. In addition, after you switch, if after three rounds your ratio is still at least 4:1, you must switch again. Continue switching every three rounds thereafter, until your ratio becomes something less than 4:1.

This is what is currently the offical rule.

The only thing is mentions if you can stop switching races when your ratio falls below 4-1, never mentions when you can go back to using max races.

Should I not switch off a max race unless someone asks me to so they know I just changed race?

What would be the punishment for logging on the same race every map until you whore it then switch off? or some ppl log off? (then log back on the next map with the same race)

If they race whore a race, should they not be allowed to use it for the rest of the current map and the next?

I mean it's good questions but as of right now you can go back to that max race and use t for the next map

As of right now the only race whoring rule follows ratios

What if you were whoring a race one map, like lets say human on de_port but human sucks on de_tides why should you be forced to get off it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yiyas @ Mar 18 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

15+ kills

3:1 ratio

No "but i've not maxed it yet" either.

Thats what i think would be fair. It doesnt take 24 kills to decide if someone is racewhoring, nor has anyone on hlxstats got a ratio above 3:1. And most races don't get much stronger in the last 10-15 levels, especially with all our races that max out over lvl 40.

i don't agree with you on the 3:1 ratio at all

4:1 actually takes some skill/'racewhore' to achieve. a 3:1 ratio is pretty easy to achieve on any race (if you can aim well and have a good hiding/picking spot, this is really easy)

24 kills is there to show that he isn't there by simple luck, teamstacking, or the other team just sucking

15 kills is a very low number, especially when some races spawn guns on the first round (m4 vs glocks...)

I totally agree with the "i haven't fully leveled it though" argument

but... racewhoring should only come into play to balance teams (wcs1 still only cares about teamstacking. racewhoring is not a problem at all)

This is my idea

- 0 (and 1) deaths count as 1 so the rule can be implemented automatically

- 4 : 1 kdr

- count from 20 kills

- should kdr be maintained after 8 to 12 kills from changing races, the user must change again to a difference race (that wasn't played previously when the kdr rule took effect)

- level is not factored in (When a torch can get 30+ kills without dying when he started off with lvl 0 its obviously saying something)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOSBrigade @ Mar 19 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

- level is not factored in (When a torch can get 30+ kills without dying when he started off with lvl 0 its obviously saying something)

Then that person can't max the race 0_o

Or how about let him finish maxing the race. He's can't keep whoring it once its maxed, so just deal with it for awhile?

I mean just switch him to the losing side if anything or move ppl around so he doesnt keep up the ratio.

Race whoring is a stupid rule, and an autoteam balancer should be added to the server.

In addition strong races to the point anyone whores em (see dracula) should be nerfed. Hell dracula is just undead + stronger life drain with a few extra goodies.

Succubus hunter is a great race, and I was damn near a god with it on various other servers. I never get to play it anymore because of race whoring bs. I'm sure other people can now name their race they love and miss due to this shitty rule.

Going way back to "who wants to be race whored againist" on the first page: Who wants to be told "no, you can't play this race?" Espically if it is fun and suits your play style. I maintain a team balancer will fix these issues.

As for admins "do your job." Yes, it is nice for them to help out, but they really shouldn't have to constantly take time away from playing to do the work a single damn common program can do. Espically paying ones. They payed for a privledge in order to have fun, not get a "job." A job means getting paid or some other compensation, paying admins have this in reverse. Then have people bitch about it to them and everyone else. While I don't particularly like Vortexx or his admin style I am willing to say he at least tries. Usually.

Can we just stop fucking talking about race whoring people, not saying anyone named is or isn't doing it, but saying naming names doesn't help. Lets talk more on the concept of what to do about it, hopefully something that doesn't involved 5 rules to define what the fucking thing is. (24+, at least 1 death, nonmaxed race, 4:1 or better KDR, switch every 3 rounds until its gone)

TL;DR: Bobs (all of them) are always right, give me tribute.

deberoth0001.jpg

Should I post more? I wasn't sure if my screenshot thing worked, so I looked for the photos and found this.

Hey I'm in that picture

But seriously the only way to solve the problem of race whoring is to balance the races. Then you cant really complain if someone is doing good on a particular race because if they switch races that race will be just as good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hairy_Nipon @ Mar 23 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hey I'm in that picture

But seriously the only way to solve the problem of race whoring is to balance the races. Then you cant really complain if someone is doing good on a particular race because if they switch races that race will be just as good.

Win

Hey I have a quick question.

Is racewhoring only when you have the 4:1 ratio on a map?

I tend to play a lot of Human, Ranger, Ghoul, and Orc, no matter the map. I am only a level 810 or something, so obviously have a lot to level up. I very rarely get to a 4:1 ratio unless its late at night when there are more noobs on.

Anyways, It's really only a problem when people are pwning with a certain race correct? Im just trying to clarify for myself. I believe the only time I was truly racewhoring was around 2am with 12 people on and I was 55-4. But the funny thing is no one complained at all. But I know alot more now that that wasn't a good idea. Anyways.

Just a little clarifying on my part.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Missing Zelda @ Mar 23 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hey I have a quick question.

Is racewhoring only when you have the 4:1 ratio on a map?

yes, and only when u have been one race the entire time

that example of 55-4 is a BIG example of racewhoring, BUT if no one is complaining, even the tiniest bit, then its fine. That means the players playing don't really care about the racewhoring rule and its cool just to ignore it atm. However, as soon as someone asks you to switch you should.

and hairy, come back to wcs1, i need to pwn ur face some more B)

This is truly what i think the rules should be, criticizm is asked for, so please feel free.

24+ kills. 4-1 kd ratio. maxed race.

now the fancy shit.

if you are asked to switch off a race cause of race whoring. u should NOT be allowed to get back on a maxed race for the remainder of the map. once the map changes , feel free.

if you are lets say.. 30-6 , u should not be allowed to become 30-8 and then get back on ur maxed race. why? cause thats retarded. plain and simple. might as well just kill the race whore rule completely if u allow this. "oh im 24-6, i think i'll just die 3 times and own the room for another 10 rounds. No.

if you are on a NON MAXED RACE, it is NOT RACE-WHORING. i personally like to max all my races, how can you kick me off of it if im just leveling? sorry i'm good while leveling? thats my view on that.

oh and noire. to your uhh i think 2nd question. do u really wanna be watching someones scores and races all map? cause i sure as hell don't.

Also, i believe if you have 4-1 and and admin asks you to change, and you wait 2 rounds and become less than 4-1. u should still change because u should have already changed.

sorry to attack you jdd. but it seems like you're answers to noires questions are trying to slip out of the race whoring rule as best as u can with loopholes and shit.

thats all i can think of now. if i can think of any more i'll throw some more in.

truth be told, this is just bickering until one of the higher ups puts their foot down, reads our posts, and makes a once and for all race whoring rule. and posts a sticky thread about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Mar 23 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What if your like space or cass and have EVERY race maxed?

yea i didnt know what to say to that. i've been thinking of how to fix that. but can't come up with anything besides resetting levels like i did.. /=

i really don't think theres anyway to regulate what will happen after some1 maxes all his races out

i just think he 'should' switch races to another race

but i don't believe in racewhoring

Can't have every race maxed now. Css Pro isn't limited to 1 per team so it can ALWAYS be played. If they are race whoring then they should level up CSS Pro.

Sign in to follow this