Sign in to follow this  
JDDZip

Racewhoring Rule

My mistake then Noire, sorry.

"If you are on a maxed race, have at least 24 kills, and you have a kill:death ratio of more than 4 to 1, you must switch to a new race (preferably an unmaxed race) as soon as you die, or within two rounds, whichever comes first. In addition, after you switch, if after three rounds your ratio is still at least 4:1, you must switch again. Continue switching every three rounds thereafter, until your ratio becomes something less than 4:1."

I dont like playing slow races either but over 10 of the races on the server have speed/longjump/teleport/fly/lowgrav. Good camping races aren't in short supply either. Theres plenty ideal for the job.

It's not difficult to understand you want a race that does something, but a lot of races have the same acquired output as others. I think theres at least 3 races to cover each individual ability. Problem is I like longjump and succubus was the only one to fulfill that until i recently hit lvl 850 (alucard)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yiyas @ Mar 12 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think theres at least 3 races to cover all the abilities.

In an actual on topic discussion(BY ME, BESIDE THE FIRST POST? I KNOW RIGHT?)

Only 2 longjump races

QQ

and I can't play Alucard yet

I can't wait =D

There's usually 2 races to cover most skills beside ultimates

Personally I just tried out death knight the other day and I enjoy it, I LOVE speed races and can't stand moving slow but since it has so much hp it's pretty much a tank. Root people(HUGE RADIUS) and then spray in their face is enjoyable

I like ghoul because the leech tells me when my shots register, I gain speed, and if someone kills me I have a chance of taking them down with me.

I don't usually put points into levitation(Impale > Levitation) hence why I whore ghoul

Dracula is op as shit that needs a nerf for sure

But overall I try my best to balance teams, I truly do. If people are complaining I usually(80-90% of the time) swap myself over either by myself or with someone else

I don't think anyone can really say I'm someone who joins and team stacks, I auto assign everytime

I use the lowgrav to bunnyhop though so impale totally shanks me :P

Dracula was lulz, even I maxed it on one map. I think i was playing against either you, JDD, or Noire at the time as well :\

We truly do need more longjump races to fit that 700+ lvl gap to alucard.

Perhaps one cause of race whoring is a lack of races?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yiyas @ Mar 12 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I use the lowgrav to bunnyhop though so impale totally shanks me :P

Dracula was lulz, even I maxed it on one map. I think i was playing against either you, JDD, or Noire at the time as well :\

We truly do need more longjump races to fit that 700+ lvl gap to alucard.

Perhaps one cause of race whoring is a lack of races?

I think so

I played on server 1 for 3-4 weeks and I leveled up all the races there until 400-500 or so when I quit

I had no problem moving onto the next race

When I came to server 2 I enjoyed the community but beside Crypt Lord, Shadow Hunter, and Ghoul I didn't have much fun. It took a little bit to unlock races and even when I did they were the standard one's or just simple copy paste with nothing I really enjoyed

Hence why I stayed on Ghoul, the ONLY races I wanted to try out(the new one's) were like 500-700+

and I really didn't want to level all these other races to play that

When I saw forbidden I leveled races since that sounded like fun, same with zombie, same with dracula

But hopefully Sandman will fix some of this <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 11 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Brilliant statement. Noire does take everything that is said way too far, and tries to make things a much bigger deal than they really are.

Organik i dont even know where you came into this. just an opportunity to bitch and moan about what a terrible person i am. all you're comments are kissing space cowboys ass, and chewing off mine. grow up, nobody wants to hear you insult my "Reading level" and saying idiotic things like "this thread is pointless because vortex tried to flame Space, which was un-needed, then had his own flame shoved so far up his ass his eyes bled."

The funny thing about organik and jdd is that they both talk on the mic A LOT. and everytime they talk they think they are the god of the universe. Organik orders around admins , and then threatens that he's going to "tell on them" if they don't listen to what he says. and JDD will start an insult war with some random in the server, examples consist of me or shocker and plenty of other people, and keep bitching until he gets everyone joining in on it.. both of you really need a reality check, perhaps you do it to compensate for something in your real lives, i don't know.

what i do know is, this turned from a good thread talking about race whoring... to Organik bitching about me over and over and over, without me saying a word.. and JDD completely mocking what other people's opinions are, i vote this thread be closed cause you obviously lost the point of this thread. yiyas and noire are at least staying on topic, you 2 are just bitching people out.

No, really vortex I came into this thread thinking that it would be a legitimate thread about getting the race whoring rule right, then I read your post about space, and it truly made me smile and think "Think before you post".

On the mic thing, yeah we talk, but when I'm dead and someone asks me to stop, I do.

As to the admin thing, maybe if the admins learned how to do their fucking jobs I wouldn't have to. Really, all I ever do is point out shit that you should be dealing with. If you are going to buy admin, please do your job. Enforce the rules. I've never said I would "tell on you", I just say that I will get an admin in the server who does there job, not one that sits around giving money and changing the map without a majority vote. All I have ever seen you do with your admin powers is

#1 Give money

#2 MAP VOTES

#3 Mass mute the server.

I'll stand by my decision with the whole "thread is pointless because of vortex thing" because really, this probably would have been an intelligent conversation about the rule, but you started a flame war, which in turn started this whole thing.

So you say that I'm kissing their asses. Naw, I just think that they are people actually worth my time to talk to and defend, trust me, you can tell when i think other wise.... but you should know that by now.

Ha, the part that made me laugh the most was the reality check/compensation one, man you fucking work at Home Depot, your 19, always talk about how baked you are and you act like an arrogant fool on a CSS server. Just really, I think its the other way around man.

The last thing is still funnier, man you started the flame war with your <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

P.S. one last thing . who are the people who are for race whoring? JDDZIP.. 12x Ghoul .lol and neverendingsin a 78 dracula. and whaddya know, ppl complain both are overpowered. just something i found funny.

well i'm done. let the flame war commense >:)

Don't say I started the bitching, I'm just defending people who make the server fun.

I also don't get how I'm off topic when in the majority of my posts I point out facts that I know are true that are completely relevant to the conversation.

Most important:

If you look at Spaces race when his KDR is 4:1 and he isn't on an OP race, then switches to one, that doesn't mean he has to change right there, should he not get another 24:4 ratio on top of the other race's?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CptBoner @ Mar 12 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You guys need to shut up.

/shrug

get over it....we're a clan, get along and just put up with each others shit, and compromise.

Seriously.

QFT... again, its a game!!! Instead of calling people out, how about we try to figure out a way to get a hypothetical player who is very good to play in a way that everyone has fun in the server.

Stop pointing fingers; it does no good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Organik F U B A R @ Mar 12 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you look at Spaces race when his KDR is 4:1 and he isn't on an OP race, then switches to one, that doesn't mean he has to change right there, should he not get another 24:4 ratio on top of the other race's?

Actually, its three rounds if you still have a 4:1 ratio you gotta switch (ya its annoying when all your races are maxed so you're forced to do this) But i take it should be 4:1 ratio MINUS the score I had before. So if i was 28-4, I would need to have 32-5 at least to be forced to changerace again. I dont think it's fair to say, ok you were 6:1 before, now you died 3 times and are 28-7, you have to switch again. To me that's a 0-3 on that race, Why should i be forced to switch off that race? Plenty of times I had a really high ratio, and ya maybe i didnt switch after the 3 rounds of changing, but the score on the race wasnt anywhere near 4:1 and most times drops my ratio a few numbers (still being above 4:1). But then again, most times people just look at the current race/score that I am on, not aware that I regulate myself perfectly fine and am already on my third race for the map.

Aside from using NOTHING but races with no skills at all (Like sandman's new CSS Pro race) I do a lot to balance the game play when I am in. Before I had admin, I would switch sides to balance it as this was all I could do. Now that I do have admin, I am switching people around to get a fair balance to what I think is a good match up. I dont care who is usually on top of the score list, all i care about is current in game scores. I dont ask to switch people because if they cared about balancing they would have switched without me asking, or even asked me to switch them like some ppl do. I get really annoyed when i switch someone from a team that is raping and they have a 6:1 ratio and they start to complain saying, why are you moving me move someone else, blah blah blah. So I put up with my fair share of shit already from certain players and I really dont want to have to defend myself to people who for no reason (and i say no reason because there really isnt) attack me with unsubstantiated accusations. I seriously hardly touch the top half of the easiest to use races and I am still being called a whore. I feel like playing all the op race now just to give you something to really complain about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Organik F U B A R @ Mar 12 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

As to the admin thing, maybe if the admins learned how to do their fucking jobs I wouldn't have to. Really, all I ever do is point out shit that you should be dealing with. If you are going to buy admin, please do your job. Enforce the rules. I've never said I would "tell on you", I just say that I will get an admin in the server who does there job, not one that sits around giving money and changing the map without a majority vote. All I have ever seen you do with your admin powers is

#1 Give money

#2 MAP VOTES

#3 Mass mute the server.

Ha, the part that made me laugh the most was the reality check/compensation one, man you fucking work at Home Depot, your 19, always talk about how baked you are and you act like an arrogant fool on a CSS server. Just really, I think its the other way around man.

I also don't get how I'm off topic when in the majority of my posts I point out facts that I know are true that are completely relevant to the conversation.

Lol. i dont enforce the rules? most people hate me because i do that. thats pretty funny that you said that. i'm probably the admin that enforces the race whoring rule the most. i dont let T's camp on bomb maps.. and i dont let cts camp on hostie maps. i enforce every rule that i know of, and i have people to back me up on that. seriously you just look stupid.

and why are you attacking my personal life? honestly. what does that have to do with css, i think i just proved my point that your here basically to insult me... no other reason.

are you people watching this? why would someone feel the need to insult someone's IRL job , on a thread discussing race whoring? you just trying to make me feel down on myself or something?

you know what, considering the times right now economically, anyone that actually makes fun of someone's job is just down right lame. what are you going to bring up next? my mother with cancer? my disabilities? anything to attack me.

oh and by the way.. yes i work at home depot, so what? i have a job and im paying my bills... so why is that any of your concern? .. im 20 years old. i haven't smoked in the past month in a half .. considering i AM looking for another job, and i barely ever talk on the mic anymore or act "arrogant"

""""I also don't get how I'm off topic when in the majority of my posts I point out facts that I know are true that are completely relevant to the conversation.""""

I lawled at this one. yea my personal real life is very relevant to this conversation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 13 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

""""I also don't get how I'm off topic when in the majority of my posts I point out facts that I know are true that are completely relevant to the conversation.""""

Since a lot of your posts are opinions, They are not facts that you point out, nor are they true for most of it (specially the things you have said about me).

Dunno what CSS pro is but it sounds kind of like an idea i just had. What if the first four races (human, orc, undead, night elves) were remade into absolutely ridiculous races to level.

For example you can have like a super human that maxes at like level 300 at which point it will have full human teleport and half human invis, and all the other two skills will be giving money (like 1 dollar per level).

Orc could have full chance on reincarnation and half the chance on nade once fully maxed at level 300, and all other skills will again be money. Undead could have full levitation and half the proc chance for vamp, and again all the other skills would be money. Finally, night elves could have full entangling and half the proc chance to evade, with the rest of the skills being replaced with money again.

These races could only be unlocked at lvl 1000+. Obviously they are pretty underpowered races, which means that if someone is racewhoring they can switch to it and the races obviously won't be maxed, so they can continue playing in whatever manner they would like. And the world can go on!

well in WCS #2 there is a temporary class that all the pros can use if they really whine all about racewhoring. I know that L4D hunter has no skills currently and if the ppl that race whores want to prove that they're capable of owning with no skills, simply go on that race.

I'm more of a #1 person yes, but I have been on WCS #2 and tried out the clockwork dragon when it was open (last night :D )

It does seem to me that the higher lvl requirement races have a lot better skills and activations and makes the races that much more powerful over the multiple races that are below the requirement of lvl 100

I must say that I hate racewhoring, though I do have a few favorite races in both servers (mainly #1) but I don't get on them often unless someone makes me mad and I'm out to get that person.

Before the lvl resets I had all races maxed and all I did was use every single race. I litterly changed races every single round that I died.

Back on subject of #2 racewhore rule, why would you implement 4:1 kdr ratio. If you wanted to make sure everyone couldn't race whore, just simply make the rule a little more elaborate.

Like instead of just 4:1 KDR, have it that if that person (and you know they've been on it and haven't changed races) has been on it for more than 5 rounds in a row, they must also change.

so person must change if the any of the following conditions match:

1. 4:1 KDR

2. been on it 5 rounds straight (you'll need proof of it either from monitoring or obvious skills that the race has)

3. Abuses one skill and bogs down the fun on the server (like in #1, abusing Jihad suicide bomb to gain kills)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipomatic @ Mar 13 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well in WCS #2 there is a temporary class that all the pros can use if they really whine all about racewhoring. I know that L4D hunter has no skills currently and if the ppl that race whores want to prove that they're capable of owning with no skills, simply go on that race.

I'm more of a #1 person yes, but I have been on WCS #2 and tried out the clockwork dragon when it was open (last night :D )

It does seem to me that the higher lvl requirement races have a lot better skills and activations and makes the races that much more powerful over the multiple races that are below the requirement of lvl 100

I must say that I hate racewhoring, though I do have a few favorite races in both servers (mainly #1) but I don't get on them often unless someone makes me mad and I'm out to get that person.

Before the lvl resets I had all races maxed and all I did was use every single race. I litterly changed races every single round that I died.

Back on subject of #2 racewhore rule, why would you implement 4:1 kdr ratio. If you wanted to make sure everyone couldn't race whore, just simply make the rule a little more elaborate.

Like instead of just 4:1 KDR, have it that if that person (and you know they've been on it and haven't changed races) has been on it for more than 5 rounds in a row, they must also change.

so person must change if the any of the following conditions match:

1. 4:1 KDR

2. been on it 5 rounds straight (you'll need proof of it either from monitoring or obvious skills that the race has)

3. Abuses one skill and bogs down the fun on the server (like in #1, abusing Jihad suicide bomb to gain kills)

So you're saying if they have been on it 5 rounds straight they have to switch? What if you dont die in the five rounds? Do you have to commit suicide to change? Does it matter if its maxed? Or not?

On another note, what about just having a race whoring rule put in place that has to deal with their classes' level and their total level. Like make it so your race cant be more than 5% when maxed of your total races. So if you have 1000 as your total level, the race cant be mroe then level 50. 2000, 100. etc etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 13 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Since a lot of your posts are opinions, They are not facts that you point out, nor are they true for most of it (specially the things you have said about me).

thats funny noire. maybe yiyas is right about your selective reading. i post an entire post about how disrespectful and off topic organik is , and out of the whole thing. u pull that out, and attack me with it.

that's funny. i bet you agree with me but you surely can't let the people know that. so you must quickly find a way to make me look bad and thats the only way you could see fit. don't bash organik cause u guys are such good friends.

that made me lol.

mr. noble. ha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 13 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

thats funny noire. maybe yiyas is right about your selective reading. i post an entire post about how disrespectful and off topic organik is , and out of the whole thing. u pull that out, and attack me with it.

that's funny. i bet you agree with me but you surely can't let the people know that. so you must quickly find a way to make me look bad and thats the only way you could see fit. don't bash organik cause u guys are such good friends.

that made me lol.

mr. noble. ha

Before you call me out on selective reading I've read your posts

" I bet you agree with me but you surely can't let the people know that"

If your really this dumb I don't think there's much more to be said

If he agreed with you, why the fuck would he have been arguing with you and yiyas in this entire thread?

Are you really that dumb?

Do you think people actually agree with you but then hate you so they make shit up?

Thats incredible

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Organik F U B A R @ Mar 13 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It probably wont.

What he said

Until you actually read what you write and think about what your saying

It won't

To be honest, I dont really have anything against anyone unless they try to slander my name. As far as I know, Fubar has never done that. So why should i start talking shit to him? I have no beef with him. What I do have a problem with is liars. It just seems like the lies never stop with you. You should take some of your own advice and re-read the thread without thinking everyone is wrong and you are right.

Are you saying that phrase you mentioned only talking about Fubar? Cause you werent very specific and one could easily say that it was about ALL the posts you made in the thread.

Truly, I don't know where you to get this "Space and Organik BFFs" thing but its not like that. He is an honest player and I'm telling my side of things as he was telling his. I respect space, he is fun to play with and it gives people a challenge, I mean, how fun would the server be if everyone sucked. Space makes the game more interesting by giving people a challenge to kill him. That's It.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 12 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

#1 Give money

#2 MAP VOTES

#3 Mass mute the server.

Holy shit some truth has finally been let out.

Sign in to follow this