Sign in to follow this  
exposedsoul

xbox red rings.

My xbox died! NOOO. I tried all the fixes on youtube. I even went out and bought all the tools to take it apart to fix it, and the X-Clamp kit. But the star set I bought didn't have one small enough for the x-clamp screws. So I said F it took everything back i bought and sent the fucker to microsoft.

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_ECy8uydU&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_ECy8uydU&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

It's always better to send it out first, since Microsoft covers the red rings for something like 2 years, before trying to take it apart to fix it yourself. Chances are they have a "void if removed" sticker on the inside so if you attempt to tamper with it you will end up voiding your warantee.

Better to send it off and have them fix it for free than have to pay for whatever parts and/or work because you thought you could do it yourself.

I know you guys will be like "yeah, im declaring shenanigans" but i Have had to send my pro xbox in 6 TIMES! and my brother has had to send in his elite once. Pieces of crap if you ask me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BAZ8771 @ Mar 5 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I know you guys will be like "yeah, im declaring shenanigans" but i Have had to send my pro xbox in 6 TIMES! and my brother has had to send in his elite once. Pieces of crap if you ask me.

I'm calling shenanigans.

I've had my arcade one for 3 years, not one problem.

Guest NeverEndingXsin

just send it in and make sure to tell them that it was the red rings of death. because im on my 3rd xbox 360 because the other ones got the 3 red lights. and each new FREE xbox i get comes with a 1 year warranty so it works out really well.

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («ÃЯ» Blue @ Mar 5 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Had my xbox since summer 06, its still alive :P

well thats good for you. i actually dont mind getting a brand new one every year :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeverEndingXsin @ Mar 5 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well thats good for you. i actually dont mind getting a brand new one every year :D

3 year warrenty on first 360, automatic.

and you get a refurbished one every year..

EDIT: and oh yeah, all the things on youtube void the warrenty if they find out, and my 360 got rrod a week before my limited edtion halo wars >:|

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 6 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Mine stopped working, but there are no rings, and there is perfect sound but no video. Wtf is wrong?

my 360 did that before. its an internal problem. you just have to send it in and if its not still under warranty then your gonna have to pay for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeverEndingXsin @ Mar 6 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

my 360 did that before. its an internal problem. you just have to send it in and if its not still under warranty then your gonna have to pay for it.

i think 100$ + shipping,

i would be borderline on just gettin a new arcade (200$) and transfering hardrives

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mayhim @ Mar 6 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i think 100$ + shipping,

i would be borderline on just gettin a new arcade (200$) and transfering hardrives

actually you dont pay for shipping =)

only $100

because microsoft sends you a box with a shipping label and inside the box is stuff to put your xbox in and then you mail it back.

and it usually takes about 2 or 3 weeks to get back to you. depending on the time of year. so if your xbox breaks around christmas then it'll probably take longer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeverEndingXsin @ Mar 6 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

actually you dont pay for shipping =)

only $100

because microsoft sends you a box with a shipping label and inside the box is stuff to put your xbox in and then you mail it back.

and it usually takes about 2 or 3 weeks to get back to you. depending on the time of year. so if your xbox breaks around christmas then it'll probably take longer

so hopefully 2-3 weeks until mine gets back

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mayhim @ Mar 6 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

so hopefully 2-3 weeks until mine gets back

pretty much.

but since its only march you'll prolly get it back in 2 weeks