Sign in to follow this  
.Neo.

Seriously?...Another Cop abusing?

Which reminds me, my recent dealing with the justice system have left me rather sour over all about it all. I don't mind cops cause they normally don't bother me unless I'm doing something wrong, but it's the justice system that irks me to no end. Some of you know what went on with my niece and that whole situation to some extent, but in the end, the idiots running the investigations managed only to keep the children away from their parents from 2 months, in my dads house, causing chaos the whole time, while half ass investigating the baby sitter that did the crime and eventually wanting to put the parents through a rehabilitation period of 8 weeks more before returning the kids to their home. So the reward we got for doing the "right" thing this time was the finger pointed at us and crap thrown in our face for two months before they decided they couldn't do anything about it and gave up. So street justice seems to have it's place, cause our justice system fails horribly sometimes, it would seem. In the end we didn't even care about her getting "justice" we just wanted to get away from it before the innocent people ended up in prison and the children went parent less just because the system couldn't get out of it's own bounds and restrictions and someone had to be blamed because the crime was committed and someone had to take the fall and no one could get proof of anything except for the childrens testimonials and the baby sitters past record, so logically, it must have been the parents because they couldn't get solid evidence against the sitter. Makes me sick, we paid for her beating my fucking niece in the head hard enough to crack her skull, twice. I'm mad once again. Great. I cannot type what I feel right now, there are no words for it.

But, I do not hate cops for it, I just dislike the ineffective system that we use to bring people to justice.

-Audio

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wookie @ Mar 4 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Says the 17 year old... Heck, you live in Texas, what would you know? You got one cop for every hundred square miles. Just trying to make a point.

Nor do you have the ability to judge every single cop in the United States as a result of your lack of experience and knowledge as well. How can you tell me every single cop is good, or even that most are? Perhaps being a bit hypocritical in that I feel cops do their part, but who are you, a 17 year-old Texan to tell us that cops do their jobs and that we can't generalize when you, yourself, do the same? Just saying man, don't make foolish comments like that when you do exactly the same thing. It's annoying and counter-productive.

Replace 15 with 17 and then recite this to yourself.

That is all. Continue.

Maybe wookie if I were to make such outlandish comments it would be for good reason. Being an army brat, and anything but a texan (other then the fact that I live in Texas) I have traveled around the world, Iv been to several different states, Iv had encounters with police of incredibly diverse nationalities, Iv had to deal with violence, Iv had to deal with poverty, Iv had to deal with some of the shittiest situations some people on here hopefully will never have to go through. I even had the pleasure of meeting with the police force in El Salvador, and while small in number and influence, they embodied everything a cop should. I guess I was wrong in assuming his young age automatically disqualifies his from being able to experience things, as have you, making the assumption that being just 3 years older (18 in june) I also have no been able to experience things.

So please dont call me a hypocrite, I know what I am talking about, I have experienced this all at first hand. I know not all cops are saints, thats not what Im saying, but without these noble men and women around the world (not just the US) who stand up to protect however much of their community as they can the world would be a much worse off place. Again, I have the experience, Iv traveled up and down the US, Europe and Central America, compound that on top of my dad's trips to Africa, Asia and South America, along with the states I havent had the pleasure of visiting, and I would say I have an extremely justified reason to back my position...

I must say Wookie, that was a rather....uhm....not well thought out post from you. Seems more in spite than anything, you all do it to each other really. I'm quite surprised this whole thing hasn't turned into one big flame fest with all the ninja trolling going on. Good luck keeping this unlocked and on topic at this rate. And yes, I know I'm really helping with this post, and how much it is clearly on topic. (sarcasm)

-Audio

EDIT: Reminds me, my experience from Texas was anything but what you implied in the post. I swear to god there were cops everywhere if we even thought about doing something stupid, out it Amarillo. However, there are parts where people in general are sparse and cops are not needed as much, such as cow pastures and farm land, or any of the big privately owned lands you can find out there. But Dallas and Houston weren't exactly devoid of cops from what I saw either.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Mar 4 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I must say Wookie, that was a rather....uhm....not well thought out post from you. Seems more in spite than anything, you all do it to each other really. I'm quite surprised this whole thing hasn't turned into one big flame fest with all the ninja trolling going on. Good luck keeping this unlocked and on topic at this rate. And yes, I know I'm really helping with this post, and how much it is clearly on topic. (sarcasm)

-Audio

EDIT: Reminds me, my experience from Texas was anything but what you implied in the post. I swear to god there were cops everywhere if we even thought about doing something stupid, out it Amarillo. However, there are parts where people in general are sparse and cops are not needed as much, such as cow pastures and farm land, or any of the big privately owned lands you can find out there. But Dallas and Houston weren't exactly devoid of cops from what I saw either.

He actually is wrong to, here in Cibolo there is a police Charger for like every 10 cars, and even for a small town the police department is bigger then anything else downtown. They are all good guys to, some of them chill by the school a bit, on duty of course, but still very chill

That's another one of my problems, I dislike smart asses and ass holes. Those guys also deserved what they got, at least he didn't stomp the crap out of them like the other guy. I mean seriously, from a logical stand point, what do you have to gain from making a joke out of a cop incident where you were clearly in the wrong. Don't fight the law, they will almost always win, just stop doing stupid bs and you should be fine. If they were not there breaking the law, they wouldn't have had that problem, the way they filmed it makes me believe they were looking for trouble and bit off more than they could chew, or they were just filming the skating and saw a chance to get something funny on tape :P but really, it's not so funny after a $100 fine and teh skate board taken from you, another 100-200 down the drain. So he effectively proved his point, don't try to make a joke out of it and think you're getting away with something and being slick, asshole.

-Audio

what did those guys do? the cops asked them to leave, and they were leaving. insofar as they were not bothering anyone, what was the point of that cop being such a douche?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Mar 4 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

moderaters and admins on the servers do not beat the living hell out of young members of css, for kicking a shoe at them.

But we do have those who abuse their powers in the servers. We have complaints galore in our forums about admin abuse do we not? Hell, one of our stickies is even about how to report an admin. We do have those who go crazy and do things such as Metal Militia did two years back (for those that remember), or . You can't beat someone's ass on CSS because its a virtual game, but you can still abuse the powers given to you. Quite Parallel.

They snickered and laughed while walking away, clearly the warning was not taken seriously so the situation elevated to get the point across, I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have laughed till later if they thought the cop would see them and actually do something about it, so they believed they got away with something and that completely undermines the entire point of laws and warnings. This is not taking into account the cops unprofessionalism either, and I haven't missed that part of it, I'm just pointing out the reasons he was justified in his actions more so than people want to say and give credit for. It's clear that vid was posted just to get people saying stuff along the lines of "what a horrible cop, he over reacted and freaked out on them over nothing" They are capitalizing on the fact that the cop had unprofessional qualities that he displayed in that situation to distort the real picture. Bad cop and unjust actions or not, the kids were in the wrong and they knew it.

-Audio

Then he should have charged them from the get-go, or just let them go. Cops are here to police people's actions, not their fucking thoughts.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Mar 4 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

They snickered and laughed while walking away, clearly the warning was not taken seriously so the situation elevated to get the point across, I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have laughed till later if they thought the cop would see them and actually do something about it, so they believed they got away with something and that completely undermines the entire point of laws and warnings. This is not taking into account the cops unprofessionalism either, and I haven't missed that part of it, I'm just pointing out the reasons he was justified in his actions more so than people want to say and give credit for. It's clear that vid was posted just to get people saying stuff along the lines of "what a horrible cop, he over reacted and freaked out on them over nothing" They are capitalizing on the fact that the cop had unprofessional qualities that he displayed in that situation to distort the real picture. Bad cop and unjust actions or not, the kids were in the wrong and they knew it.

-Audio

Yea, I agree, I hate those skateboarding punks who always act like they are above the law. If your gonna teach someone a lesson you dont warn them and watch them walk off laughing and mouthing off, these kids just needed some discipline, plus the black cop was hilarious, "WE ARE AT WAR NOW"

But he tried to be nice and just warn them to stop it, let them go as you say, but they were the ones that pushed it further, so he went to plan B ahead of schedule. Cause I'm fairly sure they would have been skating there again at some point in the future and he would have had to do it all over again anyways. Look, my brother and I used to skate all the time, I know how it is once you find a good spot, you don't just leave it because you got caught once, you just start being more careful. But they didn't do it that way, they decided to push it and he pushed back. They all know the game and the skaters lost that time because they were being stupid.

-Audio

suffice it to say, i don't agree with you.

I have nothing against him giving them a ticket, it truly is the way he went about giving the ticket that i have a problem with. I also have a problem with him taking their skateboards, but thats another thing altogether.

I told you the way he went about handling it was not the ideal manner of doing it. But that doesn't completely excuse the skaters from what they did. They would not have gotten tickets had they not half turned around and laughed at him, provoking once again. And I know they you don't mind the ticket part, but what I'm getting at is if they hadn't done what they did to get the ticket, then the cop wouldn't have had the chance to behave the way he did. So it all boils down to the skaters being smart asses more or less.

For the visual learners I have a flow chart;

Skaters skating in an area deemed illegal to skate.

Cop confronting the Skaters.

Cop warning them then letting them go.

Skaters walking away, laughing about it.

Cop noticing.

Cop getting pissed off cause the message wasn't delivered.

Cop acting rashly in anger.

Skaters playing dumb.

Cop getting madder.

<insert stupid speech about war and vid camera>

Skaters still playing dumb.

Cop gives ticket and confiscates skate boards.

End scene.

Notice how the ticket was dealt only after the Skaters laughed at his attempt to give a warning. I don't know what else to say.

-Audio

The thing is, they were leaving.

insofar as the skaters were no longer doing anything illegal, it should be left at that.

Cops are not the fucking thought police. So they walked away with a smile, so the fuck what, they are doing as told, and end result will be the same. If they come back slap them with a ticket, if they don't, great. Chances are that that particular cop might not have seen them again.

As you say, they get more careful, Of course this is assuming that that cop does not have a vested interest in that building, which would not be an unreasonable assumption.

Such situations are handled at the cops discretion. If he feels the message was not delivered, he's fee to take further action. So he was not being the thought police, he was trying to make sure his warning did not go unheeded. While that is an inside joke amongst skaters, it's not the kind of thing you want to throw into a cops face. It's a very dick thing to do and they got what they pushed for. Also, we are both assuming the spot was worth skating in over something like this, which I doubt if they live in a big city, many more places like it. I was speaking from my experience in small towns, good skate spots are sacred.

Basically, it comes down to the cop wanted the last word. As childish a thing as that is, it might mean a lot when you want someone to take you seriously. Like I said, the skaters were happy to have gotten away with a warning and flaunted it too soon, and they paid for it because the cop noticed them and upped the ante for being smart asses openly. It's like a direct challenge to laugh at a cop after he lets you off with a warning. What don't you get about it.

-Audio

EDIT: Ok, let's put it this way. Let's say someone is in a server spamming. We all know spamming is against the rules, so you warn him not to do it again. Right before he leaves the server, he spams his ass off in spite of you, are you not going to be pissed and want to make him pay for this stupid ass behavior? Or if instead of spamming, he starts saying how crappy of an admin you are for not enforcing the rules and laughing at you because you won't do something immediately. You will want to assert your authority, not just for the sake of having the last word, but for the sake of your own ability as an admin to maintain control over the server without having to constantly ban. In this situation a ban is much like a ticket, and we don't use that until we have to in the servers, a warning or milder punishment is preferred.

you are mistaken audiovox...

I get it, i know why the cop reacted.

i'm simply saying it was not necessary, and if it indeed was, you and i can both agree that the cop could have went about it a better way.

BTW, you example is not accurate, the skaters would have had to skate again in front of the cops for your example to be accurate for the former. Or the skaters would have had to actually have turned around and made some kind of gesture or yelled something at the cop for the latter. the thing is, they did no such thing, they made a quick glance and that was it (as far as i can tell).

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Mar 5 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The thing is, they were leaving.

insofar as the skaters were no longer doing anything illegal, it should be left at that.

Cops are not the fucking thought police. So they walked away with a smile, so the fuck what, they are doing as told, and end result will be the same. If they come back slap them with a ticket, if they don't, great. Chances are that that particular cop might not have seen them again.

As you say, they get more careful, Of course this is assuming that that cop does not have a vested interest in that building, which would not be an unreasonable assumption.

So its perfectly fine then for skaters who could give a rats ass about the law to turn around and laugh at a cop trying to enforce a law? If your going to be a smartass I say you deserve some punishment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 4 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Because obviously whenever people see 4 guys in a car driving late at night its because they just came out of late night sunday school. The cop was just being precautious, what if you had been drinking and the cop decided (you know what, ill go against my instincts and be a nice guy, ill let him keep driving), then it turns out not 10 minutes later and youve killed someone in an accident. Cops cant take risks because

1. they cant predict the future

2. they dont know everything, they cant tell if someone is drunk or not telepathically

I wouldnt mind if I cop pulled me over late at night just to check on stuff, in fact I would congratulate him for doing his job correctly.

it was three guys in a car, and what if because he pulled us over he let some drunk driver pass by because he was being prejudicial. Maybe the driver didnt kill anyone that night, but some other night which could have been prevented had the officer pulled the right car over (getting the driver's lisence taken awhile preventing him from driving later and killing somone). So you can say he was doing his job by pulling us over, but you can say he was also NOT doing his job by pulling us over. There was no reason for him to pull us over, we werent doing anything suspicious, the time he spent interrogating us he could have used to actually catch someone who was doing something they werent suppose to. The fact that he saw young adults in a car late at night does not justify him pulling us over. Since he isnt suppose to pull us over without any reasonable suspicions then he wasnt doing his job because he potentially let someone else go who he might have caught...had he been doing his job correctly. You might also thank him when he decides to give you a ticket because of something your friend said (taking his frustations out on you the driver, because he can).

Example of this being one time late at night me and my friends were having fun driving around in a parking lot pulling our friends on skateboards. We see this police cruiser pull into the parking lot behind this church (that was a dead end) then turn its headlights off. We got in the car and decided to drive back there. When we went back there he had his lights off but his engine running. We then turned around and went out the parking lot. The police cruiser then proceeded to follow us out of the parking lot. Soon after he pulls us over. He tells us how the lights on my friend's tires weren't street legal. My friend apologizes and the cop gets upset because he called him a dude. He said something like I'm sorry dude, the guy at the store told me it was street legal. My other friend in the passenger seat starts to talk back to the police officer saying how he can't pull us over and how he can't give us a ticket (everyone in the car was telling him to shutup in front of the officer). The officer gets more upset and walks back to his cruiser. He then pulls my friend out of the car (the driver). He then pulls my other friend in the passenger seat out of the car. My friend starts to ask why he is being detained. He gets no answer. He asks the partner. He says he doesnt know. He keeps them there for awhile then lets them go with the ticket saying he was only going to give him a warning but since his friend has such a mouth he was going to give him the ticket (seeing how upset he was after the dude comment we were pretty sure he was getting one either way).

Needless to say my friend was right about what the cop was not able to do and went to the station and spoke to his superior and got the ticket torn up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 5 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

So its perfectly fine then for skaters who could give a rats ass about the law to turn around and laugh at a cop trying to enforce a law? If your going to be a smartass I say you deserve some punishment

Yes, it is perfectly fine. They are not hurting anyone. The skaters still don't respect the cop. So what has changed as far as attitudes go?

not much.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Mar 5 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yes, it is perfectly fine. They are not hurting anyone. The skaters still don't respect the cop. So what has changed as far as attitudes go?

not much.

That the problem, if there was respect in the first place, nothing wouldve happened...

you are firm in your beliefs, as am I, and i believe the cop was a douche-nugget.

Now I'm not saying all cops are douche-nuggets, but I'm pretty sure this particular one is a little cocksucker in any given situation. not just with the skaters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Longcat @ Mar 5 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But we do have those who abuse their powers in the servers. We have complaints galore in our forums about admin abuse do we not? Hell, one of our stickies is even about how to report an admin. We do have those who go crazy and do things such as Metal Militia did two years back (for those that remember), or . You can't beat someone's ass on CSS because its a virtual game, but you can still abuse the powers given to you. Quite Parallel.

Yeah I guess I never could see the difference between guys with guns and admins in a CS server either...

As far as the skateboard kids go, the cop was unprofessional. Calling the kids names and being disrespectful. They are kids. I mean, last time I checked, it's not illegal to walk down the street, even in front of a court house. The whole we're at war reference was just low. A typical response from a douche bag cop none-the-less.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 5 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

, plus the black cop was hilarious, "WE ARE AT WAR NOW"

Yeah thats real fucking funny Foh. That was completely irrelevent to the incident at hand. He said that to make the kids feel like shit just to be the douche he is. He let his personal anger get in the way of his job and got away with it simply because hes a cop.