Sign in to follow this  
.Neo.

Seriously?...Another Cop abusing?

I spose that's a bit correct. I don't really know you're experience with law enforcement, so I have no room to judge there. I guess our main disagreement boils down to the nature of mankind though. Is it possible for an entity to believe in doing something solely for the good of the rest or does there have to be greed for something in there, be it power or whatever. I think its possible for a person to become a police officer in that they can bring justice to people and help protect others without getting anything in return. Also about your comment about police protecting people. The problem with all laws anywhere, is that in order to enforce them, you have to actually commit a wrongdoing first. You cant send a guy to prison for theft if he never robs you. The cops aren't there to prevent crime from happening, they are there to catch the people who commit crimes so they wont do it again. The book Minority Report (not that shitty ass movie) actually went quite into depth about this topic. Was fairly interesting. Also, I thought LEAP was for any law enforcement, not just retired or whatever, my mistake.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Mar 3 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Even this cop, fox?

LOL, I love your sarcasm Junzou.

I agree with fox to a certain extent, some cops are really out there to help you in an emergency. However for you cop supporters, there is also ALOT of dickhead/power hungry cops out there they give out a bad image to policer officers everywhere. I've met some cool cops before and I've met some real asshole cops. When I say "asshole cop" I mean the cop that thinks that since he's been given the power to arrest or detain other human beings thinks he is a greater person and if he personally doesn't like the way you look or are acting he will try his best to fuck you over. I must disagree with fox when he said "a world without cops." Thats just crazy, it would be like an animal society, people would do WHAT they need to survive, murder, stealing etc...

Judging all cops because of a few personal experiences is fallacious. Overall, cops do their part in keeping society safe for the most part. Sure there are the scumbags who have power trips or think their shit doesn't stink, but overall there are a lot of good cops.

As for the video, despite whether or not she was trash talking, that does not warrant the force the officers used at ALL. Had she pulled a weapon/knife out, well that's a different story. She merely kicked a shoe at him, and from what I can tell, it never even got above the knee-level. Cops are supposed to act professional despite the circumstances and not let their anger/frustration get in the way, especially when it's a 15 year old trash talking.

Abuse at its finest. She may have had it coming, but for a police officer to deliver such blows on a 15 year old girl is rather ridiculous. She had no weapon and merely kicked a shoe at him. Some cops need to grow a pair and realize some people really do hate them and also understand that despite the fact that a suspect may trash talk that such force is not authorized. ESPECIALLY on such young people.

Calling abuse here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wookie @ Mar 3 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Judging all cops because of a few personal experiences is fallacious. Overall, cops do their part in keeping society safe for the most part. Sure there are the scumbags who have power trips or think their shit doesn't stink, but overall there are a lot of good cops.

As for the video, despite whether or not she was trash talking, that does not warrant the force the officers used at ALL. Had she pulled a weapon/knife out, well that's a different story. She merely kicked a shoe at him, and from what I can tell, it never even got above the knee-level. Cops are supposed to act professional despite the circumstances and not let their anger/frustration get in the way, especially when it's a 15 year old trash talking.

Abuse at its finest. She may have had it coming, but for a police officer to deliver such blows on a 15 year old girl is rather ridiculous. She had no weapon and merely kicked a shoe at him. Some cops need to grow a pair and realize some people really do hate them and also understand that despite the fact that a suspect may trash talk that such force is not authorized. ESPECIALLY on such young people.

Calling abuse here.

If she was one of those snobs from "My Super Sweet 16" I would support this, not even joking.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Mar 3 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I spose that's a bit correct. I don't really know you're experience with law enforcement, so I have no room to judge there. I guess our main disagreement boils down to the nature of mankind though. Is it possible for an entity to believe in doing something solely for the good of the rest or does there have to be greed for something in there, be it power or whatever. I think its possible for a person to become a police officer in that they can bring justice to people and help protect others without getting anything in return. Also about your comment about police protecting people. The problem with all laws anywhere, is that in order to enforce them, you have to actually commit a wrongdoing first. You cant send a guy to prison for theft if he never robs you. The cops aren't there to prevent crime from happening, they are there to catch the people who commit crimes so they wont do it again. The book Minority Report (not that shitty ass movie) actually went quite into depth about this topic. Was fairly interesting. Also, I thought LEAP was for any law enforcement, not just retired or whatever, my mistake.

I remember minority report, there is the moral dilemma though of incarcerating people for the intent and not the actual crime...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Mar 3 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The funny thing is that you guys are criticizing my opinion based off an assumption that you are making about my experiences with cops. Oh the irony...

I have my own reason for hating cops, all cops, including the one you posted Junzou. I'm not basing my opinion on this video, or any other police brutality video. It's my opinion that it takes a certain type of douche bag to even consider being a cop. You can counter with your argument but the fact remains that cops don't become cops for the pay. For a group of people who claim they just want to protect and serve, it seems to me they have never protected me, or served me with anything but papers, subpoenas , and warrants.

LEEAP is one of my favorite advocate groups. And they are no longer cops.

cops get paid pretty well where i live (plus sometimes they only work 3 days out of the week making 60k)

Also, it doesnt matter if there are some good cops, all that matters is if you run into one of the bad cops. Sure a good cop won't hassle you and probably cut you a break, but then there are other assholes who are having a bad day and decide to take it out on the first person they get a chance to. In my opinion it doesnt matter if the majority of cops are good, if you have a few bad ones it tends to ruin it for them all. Much like the asshole on tv who put a cat in a bong and smoked it (i guess with the cops there?). Seriously way to ruin it for the rest of us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Mar 3 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's my opinion that it takes a certain type of douche bag to even consider being a cop.

I've actually wanted to be a cop since I was a little tike. Not all cops are douchebags. Their just doing their job. Some may go on extreme power trips and such, but most don't.

I don't even bother reading Bios' comments in threads relating to the Police. It's always a TL;DR "All cops suck just 'cause" opinion.

Police officers are human, the only difference between them and us is they have a semblance of authority. There are those that abuse that authority but the majority use their authority for good. Because of the way the media is the only shit we hear about is the bad shit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Llethander (Panda) @ Mar 4 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't even bother reading Bios' comments in threads relating to the Police. It's always a TL;DR "All cops suck just 'cause" opinion.

Police officers are human, the only difference between them and us is they have a semblance of authority. There are those that abuse that authority but the majority use their authority for good. Because of the way the media is the only shit we hear about is the bad shit.

That's ok. I don't mind you not reading my posts. You don't share my view and that is fine.

Last night I got pulled over by a cop for no reason. Used all signals, 2 point stops, etc etc, but since he had nothing to do, he had to bust my balls. He followed me for a few minutes then pulled me over. He said my plate light was out. I asked him to show me and he walked to the back of my car and said, "Well I guess it's ok, it wasn't working just a minute ago." What a bunch of bullshit. Luckily, he was forced to let me go without any further incident.

Ever consider that you may have a short in the power to the light? That it really was out? There is no proof that he was lying to you, or just trying to be a douche. I dont know where you live but in Madisonville Kentucky, we have honorable men in our PD, good men and women who are active in the community as not only those who protect and serve us, but also as deacons in the church, Scoutmasters, and volunteers and runners at the Relay for Life just to list a few. Without these men and women, the man who murdered the old woman who went to my church, who had been my sunday school teacher, never would have been caught. Without the efforts of these officers, the hooligans who robbed my house and STOLE MY FUCKING N64 in '98 wouldnt have been busted and it never would have been returned it to me. I give a wave or a nod to every officer I see patrolling my town whether I know them or not. They enforce the laws and maintain stability in my town and for that I respect them and let them know it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Mar 2 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

nope.. fuck that cop... I hope he gets sent to jail...

you know what happens to cops in jail.

i'm pretty sure that the incarcerated are fairly vengeful people..

'

Police/Military/Government Agents tend to go to a Federal Prison that houses only those types of people. They tend to be cleaner, better taken care of, and released quicker then normal prisons as well.

Listen guys, I'm sorry that some of you are offended by how I feel about cops. But you need to realize that it IS based on personal experience and the experiences of friends. The problem is that cops are trained to think of what they can charge you with, not how they can help the situation. That gets distorted by political reasons and other motivations like quota. The system itself is flawed and every cop reflects and represents that. The proof is in the pudding where now thousands of sex offenders are being released from prison due to DNA evidence that exonerates them. This is proof that over zealous cops DO plant evidence, and DO protect each other when doing it.

Well cops in the LA area technically aren't allowed to have quotas, but they are supposed to make their precinct look good.

more arrests/revenue from tickets = looking good/ bragging rights.

I hate cops, thier all bitches. But this bitch really had it coming but girls like this in my school shit talk so much, and never thier big mouths up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Mar 4 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I hate cops, thier all bitches. But this bitch really had it coming but girls like this in my school shit talk so much, and never thier big mouths up.

How did she "have it coming" does it really matter what she said? did she actually attack the officer? so she kicked her shoe at him, she was already in the cell. His job was to detain her, not beat her down. Therefore his job was to close the door. Not slam her against the wall, not slam her on the ground, and certainly not drag her around by her hair after she was already in the holding cell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Mar 4 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

yea i hate when people never their big mouth up :blink:

as for cops. well that guy had no reasoning to do what he did , unless she .. as wookie said, pulled a gun or another weapon out on him. that was disgusting to watch and made me want to beat the shit out of that cop for being such a coward.

as for cops in general however. i think the overall are good people just doing their job or trying to help out the community,granted theres always bad people . in any job, priests, fireman, doctors... so u really can't judge them by that.

bottom line. im glad we have cops, or else this would be an ANARCHY. and it would basically be every man for themselves.

like the movie, the condemned with stone cold. lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Mar 4 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Listen guys, I'm sorry that some of you are offended by how I feel about cops. But you need to realize that it IS based on personal experience and the experiences of friends. The problem is that cops are trained to think of what they can charge you with, not how they can help the situation. That gets distorted by political reasons and other motivations like quota. The system itself is flawed and every cop reflects and represents that. The proof is in the pudding where now thousands of sex offenders are being released from prison due to DNA evidence that exonerates them. This is proof that over zealous cops DO plant evidence, and DO protect each other when doing it.

Every Cop? You are still generalizing. You havent met EVERY Cop. There may be one exactly like you out there? Is he still a dick because he wears a uniform? Even if he had the exact same values and morality that you do, and even hated cops like you do, would you call him a dick because he wears the uniform? The fault of innocents being sent to jail is not the fault of cops, it is the fault of the jury of peers which tried this person and found them guilty. Planting evidence is not something that every cop does and contrary to what you say, they arent all twisted by the system through which they are educated.

I have attended Eastern Kentucky University, one of the finest schools in the nation for Police and I have watched friends graduate who are fully commited to making the world a better place and to serving the public. I have seen the classes that the Criminal Justice students are required to take and, in those classes, Ethics are a major point and subject of many papers that my friends have to write.

If you think that there is no reason for cops, then why do we need moderators on this forum or admins on the servers? They perform the same roles, preventative measures (You know they are there so it may deter people from breaking the rules) and kicking or banning people from the servers is similar to arresting or giving a citation. Yes of course some of them abuse that position sometimes but this forum proves that it is impossible to find flawless personalities to police a society. If we need cops here on the forums why does it stand that we dont need them in real life? If you still see your statement as true earlier, listen again "It's my opinion that it takes a certain type of douche bag to even consider being a cop." Do you see the moderators and admins of this server as being "Douche bags", especially being one yourself?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Longcat @ Mar 4 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Every Cop? You are still generalizing. You havent met EVERY Cop. There may be one exactly like you out there? Is he still a dick because he wears a uniform? Even if he had the exact same values and morality that you do, and even hated cops like you do, would you call him a dick because he wears the uniform? The fault of innocents being sent to jail is not the fault of cops, it is the fault of the jury of peers which tried this person and found them guilty. Planting evidence is not something that every cop does and contrary to what you say, they arent all twisted by the system through which they are educated. I have attended Eastern Kentucky University, one of the finest schools in the nation for Police and I have watched friends graduate who are fully commited to making the world a better place and to serving the public. I have seen the classes that the Criminal Justice students are required to take and, in those classes, Ethics are a major point and subject of many papers that my friends have to write. If you think that there is no reason for cops, then why do we need moderators on this forum or admins on the servers? They perform the same roles, preventative measures (You know they are there so it may deter people from breaking the rules) and kicking or banning people from the servers is similar to arresting or giving a citation. Yes of course some of them abuse that position sometimes but this forum proves that it is impossible to find flawless personalities to police a society. If we need cops here on the forums why does it stand that we dont need them in real life? If you still see your statement as true earlier, listen again "It's my opinion that it takes a certain type of douche bag to even consider being a cop." Do you see the moderators and admins of this server as being "Douche bags", especially being one yourself?

Beat me to it, seconded

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Mar 4 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That's ok. I don't mind you not reading my posts. You don't share my view and that is fine.

Last night I got pulled over by a cop for no reason. Used all signals, 2 point stops, etc etc, but since he had nothing to do, he had to bust my balls. He followed me for a few minutes then pulled me over. He said my plate light was out. I asked him to show me and he walked to the back of my car and said, "Well I guess it's ok, it wasn't working just a minute ago." What a bunch of bullshit. Luckily, he was forced to let me go without any further incident.

Reminds me of the time my friend was pulled over after coming back from the club. We were all sober, no one did any drugs that night and we were just driving everyone home when this officer pulls us over. He starts to ask us questions such as what we are doing and what we are up to. He then tells us we can go and then drives away. We had done nothing wrong and this goes wiath what fox says in a later post of cops sometimes looking for things to give you a ticket for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Longcat @ Mar 4 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Every Cop? You are still generalizing. You havent met EVERY Cop. There may be one exactly like you out there? Is he still a dick because he wears a uniform? Even if he had the exact same values and morality that you do, and even hated cops like you do, would you call him a dick because he wears the uniform? The fault of innocents being sent to jail is not the fault of cops, it is the fault of the jury of peers which tried this person and found them guilty. Planting evidence is not something that every cop does and contrary to what you say, they arent all twisted by the system through which they are educated.

I have attended Eastern Kentucky University, one of the finest schools in the nation for Police and I have watched friends graduate who are fully commited to making the world a better place and to serving the public. I have seen the classes that the Criminal Justice students are required to take and, in those classes, Ethics are a major point and subject of many papers that my friends have to write.

If you think that there is no reason for cops, then why do we need moderators on this forum or admins on the servers? They perform the same roles, preventative measures (You know they are there so it may deter people from breaking the rules) and kicking or banning people from the servers is similar to arresting or giving a citation. Yes of course some of them abuse that position sometimes but this forum proves that it is impossible to find flawless personalities to police a society. If we need cops here on the forums why does it stand that we dont need them in real life? If you still see your statement as true earlier, listen again "It's my opinion that it takes a certain type of douche bag to even consider being a cop." Do you see the moderators and admins of this server as being "Douche bags", especially being one yourself?

This could be one of the best paragraphs I have read on these forums in a long time

I feel bad for people who can't trust cops, if you can't trust cops you probably don't trust the government either. Call me a tool, or a douchebag power hungry monger but I hopefully plan on becoming a Police Officer/FBI/CIA/SomeRandomGovermentDivisionWorkingForTheGoverment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

This paragraph is pure gold

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 4 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Reminds me of the time my friend was pulled over after coming back from the club. We were all sober, no one did any drugs that night and we were just driving everyone home when this officer pulls us over. He starts to ask us questions such as what we are doing and what we are up to. He then tells us we can go and then drives away. We had done nothing wrong and this goes wiath what fox says in a later post of cops sometimes looking for things to give you a ticket for.

Cops routinely stop people just to check on them, and especially having a bunch of guys in a car coming back from a club is always something to arouse certain suspicions, cop was just doing his job. Did you get a ticket? No? So then why is it such a problem, because the cop was making sure your not one of the hundreds of thousands of americans who drive drunk?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 4 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Cops routinely stop people just to check on them, and especially having a bunch of guys in a car coming back from a club is always something to arouse certain suspicions, cop was just doing his job. Did you get a ticket? No? So then why is it such a problem, because the cop was making sure your not one of the hundreds of thousands of americans who drive drunk?

Agreed. Over the summer I was driving back to the summer camp I worked at after my friends and I had spent a night off in town, all drinking except me. This was a small town and the only cars out at midnight on a Wednesday night were the counselors from this camp going back to camp. The officer pulled me over and was perfectly nice about it, just told me that he needed to make sure I hadn't be drinking. He breathalized me and wished me a great summer in the area. We even had more passengers than seatbelts in my car and he didnt ticket me for it! What a great guy. I am even glad he stopped me. He is doing is job and it was good to know he is watching out for us, especially with a summer camp full of children right around the bend.