Sign in to follow this  
Succulent

Best production engine.

Why are you talking about replacing your engine at 200k? I'm just talking about owning an engine for 200k miles. It takes a long time and by then most ppl get a new car or something. I'm not saying they hit 200k miles on their car and sell it, im saying you buy it at 100k miles already, drive it for 300k miles then maybe the car is falling apart so you get a new car, even if the engine is still good. Im just saying, if we are talking about the best production engine, shouldnt 200k miles be enough to say it is durable? I'm not saying switch it out at 200k or it doesnt matter if it breaks before that, I'm saying if you own a car for 200k miles and then sell it for another car, why would it matter then that the engine is still good?

So tell me, is the topic now Most durable Production engine? Or is it best? Because by your theory no new engine out there can be better than older engines because older engines last a longer time (because they are older which is my point if you guys can actually follow what I'm saying). So really no new engine could be the best right? Because it hasnt proven that it can go 400k miles right? Is that what you guys are saying?

Or is the Best Prodution engine made 30 years ago? What is the thread topic really?

Holy shit my head hurts from reading all the misinformation... I have so much I want to say but I don't feel like bursting anyone's bubble. If you guys don't have scientific knowledge/proof backing up your claims, or any empirical data I suggest everyone stfu. This is getting really rediculous, it's like watching two kids throw insults at each other over a math problem neither of them get. Granted I feel that one side has a more valid argument than the other but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aereon @ Mar 23 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Holy shit my head hurts from reading all the misinformation... I have so much I want to say but I don't feel like bursting anyone's bubble. If you guys don't have scientific knowledge/proof backing up your claims, or any empirical data I suggest everyone stfu. This is getting really rediculous, it's like watching two kids throw insults at each other over a math problem neither of them get. Granted I feel that one side has a more valid argument than the other but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

well if you knew cars and rival cars.. you would say something too

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aereon @ Mar 23 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What insults have I said besides the insults made towards the engine?

Again my reason for saying the F20C, 124 hp Per Liter N/A engine with 9k redline. What other N/A car engine makes over 124 HP PER Liter?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 23 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What insults have I said besides the insults made towards the engine?

Again my reason for saying the F20C, 124 hp Per Liter N/A engine with 9k redline. What other N/A car engine makes over 124 HP PER Liter?

Jesus, just state the fucking engine and go about your business. If you can't drop it here make a thread "Noire And Clickerson's Bitchfest And Auto Festival" and continue it over there.

/orgasm

chevrolet-camaro.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HoeStomper @ Mar 23 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well if you knew cars and rival cars.. you would say something too

I have said my piece and gave my reasoning for it, I am just annoyed at the shit thats being posted as info without any inkling of science/empirical data to back it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Mar 24 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You don't think the 2010 Camaro is sexy?

Especially with those LED Halo lights.

I think the new camaro resembles the challenger too much. Other than that I think they did a pretty good job on the retro, I'd love it if they'd bring back the firebirds.

sexy.

2009transamconceptmr2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aereon @ Mar 24 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think the new camaro resembles the challenger too much. Other than that I think they did a pretty good job on the retro, I'd love it if they'd bring back the firebirds.

sexy.

I think I just creamed my pants a little bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aereon @ Mar 24 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

sexy.

Considering it's all GM, they will almost look the same.

Trans Am <3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Mar 27 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Considering it's all GM, they will almost look the same.

Trans Am <3.

challenger is mopar and camaro is a bowtie, unless I've misread I'm kinda confused atm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Mar 28 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think he meant the Firebird and Camaro.

Kk, that makes more sense, but he quoted the whole post so I was like wtf?

Camaro and Firebirds will always be almost identical, they are based off the same chassis to save money and the same styling people do both, they mainly rework the front/rear fascia and they tend to roll the sides of the firebirds out a bit more. Other than that, you can park a firebird in a camaro's silhouette and vice versa without any problems

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aereon @ Mar 28 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Kk, that makes more sense, but he quoted the whole post so I was like wtf?

Camaro and Firebirds will always be almost identical, they are based off the same chassis to save money and the same styling people do both, they mainly rework the front/rear fascia and they tend to roll the sides of the firebirds out a bit more. Other than that, you can park a firebird in a camaro's silhouette and vice versa without any problems

Do you know what the new body is going to be called? I know the old ones were F bodies, don't know if they are keeping that, just adding a new gen.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Mar 28 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Do you know what the new body is going to be called? I know the old ones were F bodies, don't know if they are keeping that, just adding a new gen.

All Camaros were "F-bodies", as were all Firebirds. The new Camaro is going to be based on GM's Zeta platform. No longer will it be called an "F-body". New cars just aren't categorized anymore.