Sign in to follow this  
Succulent

Best production engine.

I'd say the small block chevy, that setup has been in use for an insanely long time(longest production run I believe) in various forms.

Other than that I really like the bulletproof quality of the 2JZGE and dohc 03-04 cobra motor, which I'm making plans to do an engine swap for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ExplictX @ Feb 22 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have a VTEC and even I think it's a piece of shit.

What did you have a civic sohc 1.5 liter vtec motor?

my prelude si motor with a H22 head pulled about 220 lbs of torque at the wheels. Pretty good for a car under 3k lbs (although if i dropped it into a civic the thing would beat any stock car in a 1/4 mile, high 14s in my prelude 800 lbs heavier..almost 30% off the weight from my car)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 24 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

my prelude si motor with a H22 head pulled about 220 lbs of torque at the wheels. Pretty good for a car under 3k lbs (although if i dropped it into a civic the thing would beat any stock car in a 1/4 mile, high 14s in my prelude 800 lbs heavier..almost 30% off the weight from my car)

Nope.

Theres an N/A H22a1 1992 civic hatchback that runs high 12's at our track. Whats funny is there is also a D15 running dual carbs with full interior, stock gearing and stock block that runs low 13's. And the h22 civic is stripped and pure drag.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 24 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have a SOHC 1.6 liter D16. Completely stock except for a cold air intake that it came with when I bought it. I really don't care about speed. It can get up there pretty fast, but at about 80 it starts loosing its umph. Also taking off is kinda slow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Succulent Meats @ Feb 24 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nope.

Theres an N/A H22a1 1992 civic hatchback that runs high 12's at our track. Whats funny is there is also a D15 running dual carbs with full interior, stock gearing and stock block that runs low 13's. And the h22 civic is stripped and pure drag.

What model civic was the D15 in? Also, any work done on the H22a1? Or is the motor stock? and your saying the stock D15 runs low 13s? or does it have modifications done to it to make it get a boost in hp? (i noticed you said the block was stock, but you didnt mention if any work was done on any other part).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 24 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What model civic was the D15 in? Also, any work done on the H22a1? Or is the motor stock? and your saying the stock D15 runs low 13s? or does it have modifications done to it to make it get a boost in hp? (i noticed you said the block was stock, but you didnt mention if any work was done on any other part).

Sounds to have some small cam. open header, ram air, 63mm throttle body, edelbroke intake manifold, and slicks is all I can see.

The d15 is in a 4 door sedan. He's known as SOHCinWA and has some youtube vids and he is the owner and operator of www.onecamonly.com. He's just running dual weber 32/36 dcoe's, stage 3 bisimoto cam/springs/retainers. And I/H/E and slicks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bloodline @ Feb 26 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The Bugatti W16, duh haha

After all, it IS from the world's fastest production car!

WRONG!

Now it is the SSC Ultimate Aero, and it has a V8 believe it or not.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/

Anyways the OFFICIAL record WAS held by the Koenigsegg CCR, the Veyron had an unofficial time.

Guest some fag

VTEC, NUQQA!

Also, is Loooooongcat seriously making those paint signatures again?

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Mar 7 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yup, you have to see Hot Mayo's.

I saw it when I first got on the forums... That's what led me to believe Longcat was up to no good.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I ARE MEOWTH @ Mar 16 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Can that be bored and stroked to almost triple its stock displacement...? And for less than most pay for rims?

Can a 150CC motor be used for a fullsize automobile and used to travel hundreds of thousands of miles without a rebuild and be reliable through such a period of time? No. Didn't think so. AMC 4.0L I6 FTW.

Fuck Full Size cars, it's all about the little cars!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Mar 16 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Can a 150CC motor be used for a fullsize automobile and used to travel hundreds of thousands of miles without a rebuild and be reliable through such a period of time? No. Didn't think so. AMC 4.0L I6 FTW.

The Jeep Engine that gets 180 hp?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 17 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You should probably take a class in the theory of internal combustion engines and build designs based on purpose.

Or just buy your honda, shut the fuck up, and stop pretending you know stuff about cars.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 16 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

195 horsepower (rated) and about 245 pounds per square foot of torque that will easily run like new at 400K miles as long as it's well maintained (fluids changed and belts replaced at proper intervals).

By the way, I mean cars in general by full size cars, whereas a 50cc Honda engine would be found in a little scooter or chainsaw or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Succulent Meats @ Mar 16 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You should probably take a class in the theory of internal combustion engines and build designs based on purpose.

Or just buy your honda, shut the fuck up, and stop pretending you know stuff about cars.

Wow Anger Issues, When did I say anything about knowing stuff about cars? What's Internal Combustion engines have to do with the frame of the car you put it in? You can have a big engine on a smaller car and make it go faster than a big engine in a big car. Isnt that the concept behind Indy cars? Go back to drinking your six pack.