Sign in to follow this  
Arkane

Admin and some other ideas.

So obviously I am not a member of the clan, but I was wondering what you guys thought about a few things. Feel free to tear these apart:

1) Make admin more clan friendly.

What this means is possibly offering a discount for clan members on admin. Maybe make basic admin 8 and senior admin 13? The point is that it not only provides incentives for joining UV but also it potentially gets more clan members to buy admin. This would both make recruitment more competitive, with more people looking to join UV to get that cheap basic admin, and have the potential to increase the total revenue.

Obviously, it's not likely that a discount would be provided because of there is the possibility of the revenue decreasing, so a more conservative change could be to make a "moderator" level above senior admin for clan members. This would be the regular senior admin that only clan members can have where there are bans for longer than 6 hrs, and other small add-ons that would make it better / more useful than regular senior admin.

2) CAL team

Just wondering if UV has ever had one before, and if there is interest in starting one. I know that a main reason some people don't join UV is because there is no real team and being a clan member is just a glorified member of the community. Maybe if UV had a scrim team, some of the more competitive players would be more interested in joining UV. Just something to think about.

Had some other things, but nothing really worth mentioning. I'm mostly just bored at home over break.

Seems like some reasonable changes. Two dollars off admin for members is not going to decline revenue that much to the point that it's hurting us, at least, not in my opinion. I also think some sort of team for something would be fun. Whether it be matches with WCS Mod or without. It wouldn't hurt to have one for those people wishing to be a part of it. But then again, all this is up to really P2. So any sort of consent from members is pretty useless. I'll see about asking P2 about a Cal team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. GoodKat @ Dec 30 2008, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Seems like some reasonable changes. Two dollars off admin for members is not going to decline revenue that much to the point that it's hurting us, at least, not in my opinion. I also think some sort of team for something would be fun. Whether it be matches with WCS Mod or without. It wouldn't hurt to have one for those people wishing to be a part of it. But then again, all this is up to really P2. So any sort of consent from members is pretty useless. I'll see about asking P2 about a Cal team.

We've had this suggestion many times in the past and it has consistantly failed to go anywhere >.>, still do whatever you want. As for reducing the cost of admin for clan member, I disagree pretty strongly, especially at this time when we need quite a bit of money to fund the plans for UV's expansion.

Well, I think that reducing the price of admin for clan members is greatly beneficial to expansion. Not only is there the potential for more members buying admin because of the discounted price, but also I think more clan applications will come in due to this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S3Xmagik @ Dec 30 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We've had this suggestion many times in the past and it has consistantly failed to go anywhere >.>, still do whatever you want. As for reducing the cost of admin for clan member, I disagree pretty strongly, especially at this time when we need quite a bit of money to fund the plans for UV's expansion.

I'm pretty certain we already discussed the issue of discounts for clan members too?

I don't think UV not offering a CAL team hurts our amount of applicants.

I mean, we run mostly modded servers, and the dust2 server is just a hangout for wall hackers and pubstars who either aren't interested in a CAL team or are already in one.

Its not that P2 doesn't want a CAL team, its just every time we try to form one and play, no one ever makes the practices and it all just falls apart. Plus you'd have to find somewhere to play.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Jan 1 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Its not that P2 doesn't want a CAL team, its just every time we try to form one and play, no one ever makes the practices and it all just falls apart. Plus you'd have to find somewhere to play.

True. I remember we tried to form one a few times but there weren't enough members willing to join or we ran into these problems.

There just isn't enough players in the clan that would be able to do CAL stuff. I for one can't do any of the CAL stuff cause I generally suck at CSS and only do well in WCS mod. :P

Cal stuff nvr really works with what UV servers we have. I believe this is the 5th time i've saw (when I joined the clan) that Cal was brought up as a suggestion.

All 5 failed. If you want to scrim against someone, then be able to find some other UV members who are on at the time and attempt to try to scrim against another clan. At best chance, you'll be able to do a 4 vs 4 game, though I did get in on a 5 vs 5 scrim against another clan. It was all fun stuff to.