Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Critical Grenades

Alright, this might or might not have been better off in another section of the forum, but seeing as how it's a complaint I thought I would put it here.

So basically the server is on Icewerk. I was doing pretty well and switched to T because the teams were stacked. A couple of rounds after switching someone was leveling their neeve and throwing nades outside, invisibly and killing people on the bridge. Another person was an Orc also using flaming gloves of warmth. So basically both of them claimed they could because they werent spamming grenades in the same spot. Instead they were switching off between the 3 entry points and preventing any chance for the Ts to get in.

Now I've heard several different rules about nade spamming, and I put this complaint here to see if a FINAL word might be put up here. I've heard that you can buy flaming gloves, so long as you aren't throwing them in the same spot. I've also heard you aren't supposed to buy flaming gloves as critical nade races. Personally I think critical nade races should not have the ability to buy flaming gloves, including zombies. I don't see why they can't rig it up like they do to where zombies can't buy speed items in shopmenu.

What's the final word on critical nades!? :huh:

Terrorists Win.

Seriously - Flaming gloves (in my opinion) is ok on an orc maybe twice/three times a map. As long as it isn't whored I don't have a problem with it.

Yeah, magic there were 2 of us as neve and maybe and orc. i know i was only level 18 i want to say neve. but i wasnt the one going invis, i dont know who that was but he was spamming like 4 nades to bridge, i only threw 1 maybe 2 if i was about to die, and then threw one down the ladder and kept the rest for later. i know how it feels when nade whores kill you by throwing a ton of nades

In addition, for the race the Infected, are they allowed to buy flaming gloves of warmth? I know some of the admin have said yes and others have said no. Just hoping for a final verdict, although the complaints department might not be the best place to ask about it.

If your an orc and you have flaming gloves,you can throw all of your nades in the same spot. You cant just throw your nades all at one time in a row. Space each nade out like 5+ seconds apart from eachother.

That is spamming.

Spamming nades as I see it is repeatedly throwing grenades into choke points to kill people trying to advance or block their path regardless of whether you are doing it alone. If 5 people each throw 1 blind grenade into the same spot intentionally, it is still spamming.

That being said, you would have to be retarded not to be able to figure a way to deal with nade spammers.

The way most of the admins, and I myself, deal with nade spammers is to warn them not to "continuously spam nades in one spot one right after the other."

I consider 1 nade every 5 seconds or so to be reasonable. Throwing a nade the very second you are able to until you are out of nades is unacceptable.

And for the record, zombie CAN buy speed and longjump, they are just not allowed to.

Since i'm not really part of undeadvengeance i never enforce any1 about nade spaming not even orc nade with glove (i just ask politely to not to buy glove if player is orc) other than that all other races running with glove was fine with me

Problem is some admin is fine with glove and some not

Players get confused and they don't know what they can do or can't do

We need guideline that is strong and straight.

I am currently waiting to be able to edit the server. We are figuring some thing out before we move forward. But about the crit nade. I am going to be removing crit nade from those races. I think crit nades are pretty lame and just slow down the game. I personally believe warcraft mod should be a little faster than normal but not stupid. Nade spamming just gets annoying. This isn't Halo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Dec 15 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I am currently waiting to be able to edit the server. We are figuring some thing out before we move forward. But about the crit nade. I am going to be removing crit nade from those races. I think crit nades are pretty lame and just slow down the game. I personally believe warcraft mod should be a little faster than normal but not stupid. Nade spamming just gets annoying. This isn't Halo.

Taking critical nade off of neeve wouldn't be a bad idea at all, but I don't think it should be taken off orc. Orc is one of the starter races and for new players critical nades are a great way to gain levels. I just think that the nades for Orc should be limited to one per round because lets face it, one critical grenade at a choke point will almost always get a kill.

orc already has the skill needed to make it easy to gain levels.... and thats the critical hit for the guns.... sheesh

all you really need is an auto sniper and yes that may seem like being a little nooby, but its an easy way get easy kills as it'll take only 2 hits with the critical hit playing in

The major reason I'm so good with the ump in wcs the Orc Critical Strike. It lets me do more then 150 damage in 2 hits, which is usually whats required to kill someone. Because for some reason without extra damage the ump can hit someone in the head 5 fucking times and do less then 90 damage. :/

I agree that Critical Grenades are overpowered and need to be removed or at least toned down enough to discourage the constant nade spamming, I would still like to see he grenades remain useful in wcs. I suggest that we add in a new nade ability on orc or other races. I've got a few rough ideas coming to mind for them now, and it's all pretty simple coding. Alternatively, it would be pretty simple to add a check to Orc to allow only a single critical per round and simply not apply the skill to any other nades they throw.

Fox, if you want some help getting things done for the servers once you get server powers back let me know. I know you're capable of coding these kinds of simple things yourself, but it's still a big workload for any one person to handle all of the issues with WCS. I've got half a week of continuous tests right now, followed by a week in another country, so I won't be extremely available during that time. However, once I'm back, I'd love to talk with you about what I can do to help you out.

Why dont we just take out flaming gloves of warmth? That would limit the crit nade spam, plus even if you dont have crit nades, being hit repeatly at a choke pt by a non stop wave of normal nades is bad enough. I think the problem isnt the crit nade itself, but gloves of warmth. Let's face it, with all the skills in WCS you dont really have to rely on just spamming nades to get kills.

Give the orc race bloodlust which gives it increased speed and gives the main weapon like a max bonus of 30 bullets. I don't think many people would complain about that because it speeds up gameplay and gives a small boost to the crit chance if you get a fast shooting gun like the tmp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Archirond @ Dec 16 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Give the orc race bloodlust which gives it increased speed and gives the main weapon like a max bonus of 30 bullets. I don't think many people would complain about that because it speeds up gameplay and gives a small boost to the crit chance if you get a fast shooting gun like the tmp.

I support this Idea <3

i was actually thinking that to replace orc crit nade, just put in nade freeze

simply the nade hits you, u have a chance of being frozen in place 20% max

Crit nades are just part of the game, so are gloves. I would definitely agree with making flaming gloves more expensive though, as we did with LJ. $5k sound reasonable?

I think that the idea of bloodlust for orc is great... but what about neve... its already realy good... put something along the line of Daemonic Knife from succubus......

ah... there goes my neve skills, its really what makes neve fun

also, i will say i use gloves of warmth, i usually am not able to use all 5 of the nades that i get, i usually throw one, run away get a gun and go to an entirely diff spot and throw another nade, but i do not keep chucking em out

this is when people yell at me for nade spamming but i usually only throw one nade per choke point so they have no concrete reason for me to stop

However, if there are 5 people near me and i know i am surrounded and will be shortly dead, i will start nading everywhere around me. its a basic survival method

and seriously i wouldn't mind if u took gloves off or made it more expensive, because ONLY zomies, orcs, or neves buy them - no other race ever uses them

two suggestions for crit nades are to turn them into banish nades or flash nades so it would banish some1 it hits for 3-5 secs or it would just function as a flash and a reg nade thrown together

Sign in to follow this