Sign in to follow this  
Sin

Music Plugin for the server's

I think a music plugin would be a great addition, it doesnt take anymore than mabye 2 meg's on the server because everything is Streaming from other FTP's/URL's on the web, they are very easy to setup (i used to own a server) and it does bring a few more players

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustFetus @ Jun 20 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We used to have a radio, we took it off after our old servers were shut down.

Maybe we could put it back up?

if u r,u should put songs like "eye of the tiger" or something like that

dont put stupid ass songs, i mean back in 1.6 my old clan, They had a Thread for Song requests and we had a music player with a list of like thousands of songs in the server it was great

That radio...Must be handle by admins as far as i know. Also i think that radio only worked for wc3 i'm not sure about surf but zombie im positive there was no radio.

yeah it worked for zombie biggrin.gif i was there when they played "EYE OF THE TIGERR" it was really fun biggrin.gif but got laggy sometimes so yup yup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Atticus @ Jun 27 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That radio...Must be handle by admins as far as i know. Also i think that radio only worked for wc3 i'm not sure about surf but zombie im positive there was no radio.

Lol waffle wrong again (obviously). The radio worked fine in zombie mod it just had shitty songs.

Well, either way, it'd be a good idea i know how to find plenty of FTP songs, i know many uploaders for free with a big Monthly Bandwidth limit too biggrin.gif

Guest Decoy

music is a terrible idea for any server. might as well just let the little fag kids come on and mic spam. its the same thing. if you want music use an mp3 player like the one built into steam or winamp, or get someone to broadcast over vent. not something the server should be having to take care of.

uhm...you do realize its launched on the client..not the server, only the client can here it it has nothing to do with mic spamming. Learn before you speak jackass.

Guest Decoy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SiN/Excstacy @ Jun 28 2007, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

uhm...you do realize its launched on the client..not the server, only the client can here it it has nothing to do with mic spamming. Learn before you speak jackass.

just cause someone shuts down your idea you dont have to call them a jackass. its launched by the client but the server still has to issue the command, and then the client has to issue another command to shut the annoying shit off (hence the mic spam comment). its utterly pointless. you might as well just use as an mp3 player, that way you can listen to music you actually enjoy. whats the point of setting something up on a server that a person can take care of themselves.

No i can call you a jackass, because you acted like one. convenience, Keeping players, Publicity so to speak. Those are all reasons for getting music on the server, to shut the annoying shit off? If You dont like it, dont type !music and choose a song its as simple as that. You are being a jackoff.

Guest Decoy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SiN/Excstacy @ Jun 28 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No i can call you a jackass, because you acted like one. convenience, Keeping players, Publicity so to speak. Those are all reasons for getting music on the server, to shut the annoying shit off? If You dont like it, dont type !music and choose a song its as simple as that. You are being a jackoff.

i acted like one? i never called you a jackass or a jerkoff. its the internet bud its hard to convey tone, but i wasnt being a jackass, i was simply expressing my opinion. i enjoy playing at one of the uv servers and i dont want to see it go to shit like all the other bloated servers out there. less is more.

1) i dont see how its any more convenient. less if anything because then someone has to add it to the server and maintain the song list.

2) keeping players is easier when not dealing with pricks like you.

3) not all servers have a command to make music start, sometimes they automatically play it when you join and that is what i was basing my annoyance statement around.

then on top of that there will most likely be a new sever message telling people to type blah blah to turn on music and then for those who actually do like using it then i get to see their spam too. it just doesnt make any sense to add something that isnt needed, and its a waste of bandwidth.

but thats just what i think. unfortunately not everyone that plays on the server(s) visits the forum so we cant hear from everyone, meaning unless its a simple no decision then the best methods would be trial and error and then check server statistics for usage. if it goes on i dont think there will be much difference. maybe just 1 person less than usual.

How would it goto shit. It brings players, and if they want music they can play it so the servers keep players,

Ask anyone you want im not really a prick to anyone at all, most if not all the reg's are cool with me, Your basing your Statement around some other stupid idea, It doesnt use bandwidth on the server therefore it doesnt even matter, 1 person less than usual. i hope you get hit by a truck for your negetivity, everyone else likes it. I could care less im done responding Bai Bai happy.gif

Guest Decoy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SiN/Excstacy @ Jun 28 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

How would it goto shit. It brings players, and if they want music they can play it so the servers keep players,

Ask anyone you want im not really a prick to anyone at all, most if not all the reg's are cool with me, Your basing your Statement around some other stupid idea, It doesnt use bandwidth on the server therefore it doesnt even matter, 1 person less than usual. i hope you get hit by a truck for your negetivity, everyone else likes it. I could care less im done responding Bai Bai happy.gif

i hope you get hit by a truck for your negativity. do it up lets see how it turns out.

Wont radio make problems with lag? I don't really know how it works, but when people play music over mikes, specially on large surf maps, it starts lagging like crazy. Don't really wanna have to deal with that. If that's not a problem however, yeah its a good idea. Lately people have been playing crappy music (Krazy) and its not the greatest idea to mute an admin, so you kinda have to listen to it. Plus you could pick what song you listen to.

Guest Decoy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Jun 29 2007, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Wont radio make problems with lag? I don't really know how it works, but when people play music over mikes, specially on large surf maps, it starts lagging like crazy. Don't really wanna have to deal with that. If that's not a problem however, yeah its a good idea. Lately people have been playing crappy music (Krazy) and its not the greatest idea to mute an admin, so you kinda have to listen to it. Plus you could pick what song you listen to.

well the music needs to be transmitted to your computer somehow. depending on your connection it could halt gameplay or you might not notice a thing. then with all the extra commands being issued there is a chance of increased server side lag. again it may not be noticeable or if theres lots of traffic the server might get a case of hiccups.

mute them. they might not even be admins. the uv people mic spam all the time, i always mute them if they do it. ive seen a couple almost get votebanned too.

Sign in to follow this