Sign in to follow this  
defqon

ZM #1 News And ZM #2 News

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S3Xmagik @ Dec 3 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Foh, Noblock should NOT be on. zombies stacking on each other's heads and humans giving each other boosts up to good spots are important parts of zombie mod.

For respawning... How are we gonna handle that? When you die as a zombie do you come back as zombie or human? Personally I'd say zombie respawn, but maybe we should have another vote?

!zstuck has always been a bit unreliable, it's never been guaranteed to get you out of being stuck even if it's enabled.

Very true.

Zombie spawn for sure.

!zstuck is epic fail. Just forget it.

----------------

Now playing: Green Day - Brain Stew

via FoxyTunes

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (´Vind!care.#AiD @ Dec 3 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nah no noblock on.. thats the gay.. We didnt have that in our first server.

Because humans blocking you and getting you killed is not gay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S3Xmagik @ Dec 3 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

A few things:

Foh, Noblock should NOT be on. zombies stacking on each other's heads and humans giving each other boosts up to good spots are important parts of zombie mod.

For respawning... How are we gonna handle that? When you die as a zombie do you come back as zombie or human? Personally I'd say zombie respawn, but maybe we should have another vote?

!zstuck has always been a bit unreliable, it's never been guaranteed to get you out of being stuck even if it's enabled.

Is the !ztele script coded in es or sm? because if it's es I have some changes I'd like to try with it. If it's sm, well, then fuck it.

Anyways, it's nice to see a real push to get this one populated. Save the zombies! I'm putting my |EZD| tag back up.

Human respawn, it worked fine before, I just hate having to come into a server only to start as a zombie, its gay...

Noblock was gay because everyone used the command to stick you in place on maps like ATIX helicopter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Dec 3 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Noblock was gay because everyone used the command to stick you in place on maps like ATIX helicopter

We could simply remove the command. Besides, abusing that was a bannable offense, or in my case punished with repeated flaming slap cannons after i shot Junzou and Marcos out of the truck on Jurrasic park with it like 5 times. Still, Noblock should be escape map only.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Dec 3 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

thats !block eagle, noblock is being able to walk through people

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Dec 2 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Wait, if ZM#2 was the oldschool one and was empty, and ZM#1 actually had people, then what it the point of dumping 2 only to make 1 into 2?

Good point. You want popular servers... so you get rid of the more popular of the two servers, don't use either of the two IPs which are already favorited by a lot of people, and use the server config which had no players as the base for the new one. Damn. Fuck you basic logic.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Dec 3 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Good point. You want popular servers... so you get rid of the more popular of the two servers, don't use either of the two IPs which are already favorited by a lot of people, and use the server config which had no players as the base for the new one. Damn. Fuck you basic logic.

1. ZM 2 never had a chance to be popular because regulars never visit the forums and there were never enough members on at one time to populate it

2. Classic ZM will always be more popular then the newer one, when you compare the old to ZM1 that is

3. The new IP is in the old servers name, so unless your retarded youll never find the IP

4. You know thats a lie, there is a reason classic is being revived

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Dec 3 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1. ZM 2 never had a chance to be popular because regulars never visit the forums and there were never enough members on at one time to populate it

2. Classic ZM will always be more popular then the newer one, when you compare the old to ZM1 that is

3. The new IP is in the old servers name, so unless your retarded youll never find the IP

4. You know thats a lie, there is a reason classic is being revived

1: Fair enough I suppose.

2: Always. Just only when this statement is true. Haha. Funny. Another possibility is that more people might of played Zombie back then eitherway.

3: Yes. But then you take into consideration how lazy some people are..... Proof of this: Dust2. The server changed IP. Almost no downtime, and the old one remained locked with the new IP in the name. It lost a ton of regulars and took like 4 weeks to get back to the level it was at before.

4: This annoys me. Don't tell me what to think. You say it is a lie. If I knew it to be a lie, and believe it to be a lie myself, what point would there be in saying it? Stop talking like what you say must be the truth. Now don't turn around and say this to me. What I am saying about how switching over like what just happened makes no sense has nothing to do with my opinions of the configurations or servers in themselves. I was not around for the original ZM server, so I can't have one. What I just said was nothing more than logic Foh, and it is a fairly simple thing to wrap your mind around.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Dec 3 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1: Fair enough I suppose.

2: Always. Just only when this statement is true. Haha. Funny. Another possibility is that more people might of played Zombie back then eitherway.

3: Yes. But then you take into consideration how lazy some people are..... Proof of this: Dust2. The server changed IP. Almost no downtime, and the old one remained locked with the new IP in the name. It lost a ton of regulars and took like 4 weeks to get back to the level it was at before.

4: This annoys me. Don't tell me what to think. You say it is a lie. If I knew it to be a lie, and believe it to be a lie myself, what point would there be in saying it? Stop talking like what you say must be the truth. Now don't turn around and say this to me. What I am saying about how switching over like what just happened makes no sense has nothing to do with my opinions of the configurations or servers in themselves. I was not around for the original ZM server, so I can't have one. What I just said was nothing more than logic Foh, and it is a fairly simple thing to wrap your mind around.

It wasnt logic, im not telling you what to think, im telling you how it is, its not my fault you spin around biased reasonings as pure logics when there were several fallacies in your post that I had even pointed out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Dec 3 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It wasnt logic, im not telling you what to think, im telling you how it is, its not my fault you spin around biased reasonings as pure logics when there were several fallacies in your post that I had even pointed out
My original post was soley based upon simple logic. An analogy I suppose, terrible one at best, but still works, is making a pizza. Say you have made one amazing pizza that everyone loved and everyone wanted more of. Then we try something new and find that people like that too. In order to make everyone happy, you try making one of both, however not everything gets eaten. So now you must make a decision as to which you will make. To help you out later on you made and spun a single pizza shell (or whatever they are called), prior to making your decision. Now, you have your mind made up, but you decide to toss the perfectly good pizza shell and make a new one. Was that the logical thing to do?

Thanks for proving my point by the way:

"Stop talking like what you say must be the truth." -Me

"im telling you how it is" -Foh

I don't think I need to say much more on that.

Biased reasoning though? To be honest I could care less whether or not it goes back to classic or not. I'll play eitherway. I find propmenu to be unfair as it was, however I do believe that if tweaked to be made more fair it would be a good addition to gameplay on a Zombie server. As for that last bit, every one you pointed out I gave reasoning behind, or I simply agreed.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Dec 3 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

My original post was soley based upon simple logic. An analogy I suppose, terrible one at best, but still works, is making a pizza. Say you have made one amazing pizza that everyone loved and everyone wanted more of. Then we try something new and find that people like that too. In order to make everyone happy, you try making one of both, however not everything gets eaten. So now you must make a decision as to which you will make. To help you out later on you made and spun a single pizza shell (or whatever they are called), prior to making your decision. Now, you have your mind made up, but you decide to toss the perfectly good pizza shell and make a new one. Was that the logical thing to do?

Thanks for proving my point by the way:

"Stop talking like what you say must be the truth." -Me

"im telling you how it is" -Foh

I don't think I need to say much more on that.

Biased reasoning though? To be honest I could care less whether or not it goes back to classic or not. I'll play eitherway. I find propmenu to be unfair as it was, however I do believe that if tweaked to be made more fair it would be a good addition to gameplay on a Zombie server. As for that last bit, every one you pointed out I gave reasoning behind, or I simply agreed.

Im just trolling you jeez, forums have been so lax lately, even the furfag thing blew over pretty quickly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Dec 3 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Im just trolling you jeez, forums have been so lax lately, even the furfag thing blew over pretty quickly

Very true. I blame you. Son of a bitch. Getting kicked out of the clan and all that. Caused everyone to be all tense and shit and not go and piss people off. :( TROLL SPREE!

hey all, i registered on here awhile ago, i am now known on CSS as Moondragon. Hey i just want to let you all know that i love the UV zombie mod, i've tried others, but they all pale in comparison to this server. I played before the introduction of the prop menu, then when i came to college, even played the propmenu version, both of which were awesome, why? because the people kick ass. My roomate (P-fish) also loves the UV zombie mod, and we are both looking forward to the comeback! Peace out!

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baergalore @ Dec 12 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

hey all, i registered on here awhile ago, i am now known on CSS as Moonstar. Hey i just want to let you all know that i love the UV zombie mod, i've tried others, but they all pale in comparison to this server. I played before the introduction of the prop menu, then when i came to college, even played the propmenu version, both of which were awesome, why? because the people kick ass. My roomate (P-fish) also loves the UV zombie mod, and we are both looking forward to the comeback! Peace out!

Fix'd

Yeah old school zmod! still no ones playing on it though. Its saddening to see one of the most popular servers i've ever known to lose more and more players as the years go by and now theres virtually no one playing on it on average. Sure miss those good ol days when the server was full for wat seems like 24/7.

Guest Fohacidal

nobody got the moonstar joke... im sad

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Madmartigan @ Dec 13 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hello to you too :)

OMGNOWAI

Sign in to follow this