Sign in to follow this  
CL-u-BZ

New Computer Planning to build

Im building it from www.tigerdirect.com, i will give item number and what it is.

Heres the new comp specs that im planning to build:

Item Number: CP1-I7-920

Intel Core i7 920 Processor

Item Number: A455-2854

Asus P6T-Deluxe Motherboard

Item Number: O261-7520

OCZ Gold Tri Channel 3GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory

Item Number: B52-9814

BFG GeForce 9800 GT OC

Item Number: T13-1106

Coolmax CUG-950B 950-Watt Power Supply

Item Number: ULT40142

Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually i will put a second video card in it so thats why i have such a high power supply.

As for a hard drive i am using the one i have out of my older machine that is out of service. and CD Rom.

As u guys know in my last post i had problems with my girlfriend so i moved out and the comp i was using was hers. I am now in the process of saving money for my new system. I will hopefully have the funds by January. But let me know what u guys think about the new machine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CLuBZ @ Dec 1 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

thx for all the input from u guys but i would like to hear more from others as well. So if u can please help me out i want mor input thx.

Basically, keep all the stuff you are getting now. They're great choices.

There's always a lot of options to choose from, but if you like those best, then just stay with them.

I mean, there's a million $50 cases to choose from.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CLuBZ @ Dec 1 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ok as i am new to graphic cards whats better about EVGA?

I'm not an owner, as I have an ATi product, but I heard good things about their Lifetime Warranty, and their 90(?) Day Step-Up program.

They are also the rated the #1 Seller of Nvidia products.

About the PSUs:

I don't know about TigerDirect's User Rating system, but I think it sucks.

I would go on Newegg, and find a suitable PSU for you there, and see if they have it on Tiger.

I find TigerDirect's products to be a bit more expensive than Newegg's, but they're not too much of a difference. ($5-$10)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Dec 2 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

About the PSUs:

I don't know about TigerDirect's User Rating system, but I think it sucks.

I would go on Newegg, and find a suitable PSU for you there, and see if they have it on Tiger.

I find TigerDirect's products to be a bit more expensive than Newegg's, but they're not too much of a difference. ($5-$10)

I seem to find it the other way.

I would say go with:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...9&CatId=106

or

I have the first one, and it exceeded my expectations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Dec 2 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I seem to find it the other way.

I would say go with:

or

I have the first one, and it exceeded my expectations.

600w? 800w? Im not sure if this is correct but i know that my video card will require 400w but with 2 of them it will require another 400w,,,but on top of that when i SLI them i was told they would draw 50w more for each video card so thats a total of 900w in just the 2 graphics cards.....But please correct me if i am wrong...... i dont know much about them. i have never built a high powered machine before.

When a video card states that it needs 400w, it means the whole computer needs that to run stable.

I see where you get confused, but if that were true, 3xGTX280's would not be possible.

ok then so my 950w is fine then right? I just dont really get how u pick the power supply. i just thought u add all the wattage and boom add up the numbers. theres ur power supply. But i guess this isnt true? Help me understand this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Dec 3 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

198220_78_04.jpg

Always scary. =/

Youtube Club4GHZ.

Hes so Polish guy in Europe that has a a killer setup.

3x22"Monitors, 3x280's, etc.

Watch his videos.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CLuBZ @ Dec 3 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ok then so my 950w is fine then right? I just dont really get how u pick the power supply. i just thought u add all the wattage and boom add up the numbers. theres ur power supply. But i guess this isnt true? Help me understand this.

Indeed, assuming the 950w also puts out some good amps, as I think it does.

Nah, that's a mistake, no biggie.

Wattage requirements stated on parts are is for the whole computer to be able to run stable electrically(best way I can describe.)

Meaning just because a card requires 400w, does not mean it needs 400w to power itself, but to power the whole computer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Dec 3 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Youtube Club4GHZ.

Hes so Polish guy in Europe that has a a killer setup.

3x22"Monitors, 3x280's, etc.

Watch his videos.

I scored that pic from the mod's rigs at the EVGA website. It's JacobF's. I'd like to think he's using dry ice but I don't think he is. His CPU temp is -50 degrees Celsius.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Dec 3 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I scored that pic from the mod's rigs at the EVGA website. It's JacobF's. I'd like to think he's using dry ice but I don't think he is. His CPU temp is -50 degrees Celsius.

That seems almost too cool to function.

But I wasn't saying that was Club4Ghz, just saying to check his videos out on Youtube.