Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

ATTN: Private Race Orders

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NiteIce @ Nov 9 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'll agree that private races probably shouldn't be allowed, as much as I may want one. I know we don't have many coders right now and some races (like my own) can completely ruin the servers, I just figured it would be fun to use once in a while. At the very least fox, would you consider changing the current private races to be able to be accessed by admins and all UV members level 2 and up? Would you also consider coding some of the races that people have payed for up until now and do the same with them? (Also since everyone, including myself agrees that my race is OP and it's unlikely it will ever be made, I have something much more fun in mind to make instead.)

Is it possible to have just one of the servers with private chars? and then pay like one of the coders like 10 a month to deal with it or something?

I notice alot of the private races arn't even used alot. some of the people don't play much any more. We should maybe cut the price and make them monthly chars or something. or just monthly anyway. It is also possible just to delete the char after a certain time "same as level reset" for not being active.

as for coding, I fed around a bit with superhero mod. This stuff is the same crap, However it has been a long time since I have played around.

I don't know about online server crashes, but I remember certain heros caused my game to crash. So I would go through all the new chars files, back them up then delete to find out what files caused the game to crash. Most of the crashes for me were caused my models.

Is the coding similar enough for source, that we could use an old version of 1.5 or something to make the chars and test them out? it would save the servers alot of crap.

I use to load Pindlebot or Podbot, because one of them had a really good ingame waypoint editor. So I would test out my heros, and other peoples heros on my own created server and see how the stats on the chars were.

No, here's what we should do: Give a refund to everyone who has ordered a private race and hasn't yet received a fully-functional, relatively bug free race as per their agreement. It's fucking ridiculous that refunds haven't yet been issued.

If you guys simply don't want to lose as much money as refunded everyone who bought a race, just ask if they can make it public. If they do not chose to do that, simply then give them a refund.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Creature @ Dec 8 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you guys simply don't want to lose as much money as refunded everyone who bought a race, just ask if they can make it public. If they do not chose to do that, simply then give them a refund.

*Slaps self for not seeing this thread back in october*

I don't care if my race goes public, Matter of fact its been slightly edited and changed so much since I originally ordered it with Polis that I think the current version of the race idea is sound, it just needs coded and added onto the server. I don't want a refund. I just want the race on the server for everyone to enjoy.

(http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13775&st=0&start=0 The first one on this page, The only skill thats in question is Benediction, Should it spawn them where they died, at a spawn point?, where my mouse is pointing when I use the ability?, should it be random from the team mates dead that are respawned?, or should a list of the dead and elligible pop up when I use the ability and I get to pick who to respawn? Also, should they respawn with their main weapon intact?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipomatic @ Nov 10 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

actually, you do get access to private races at lvl 3 so don't worry so much. you'll get it when ur lvl 3

Really? Shame i don't post in forums i could be veteran lol.

Anyway if you do this why not just compensate the people who bought their own private races by giving them access to all private races? If their races are becoming public they should be able to use all the other races. Also, not everyone is as nice as you Mithra :P Some guys will complain their asses off because their private races is no longer just theirs anymore.

Sign in to follow this