Sign in to follow this  
DJ.Zen

CHICKEN VS EGG

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Oct 28 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

R U KIDDING!

Egg.

because some for of mutation occurred inside the egg of an animal similar to a chicken. that mutation led to the chicken we know today. thus the mutated egg of a different animal hatched a chicken.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DIGITAL.ZEN @ Oct 28 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

so how do you know that the egg mutates first? wouldnt the chicken closely mutate to the chicken before the egg can be formed?

well, since i am not considering the species close to being a chicken an actual chicken the egg has to come first. In order for a mutation, or evolving to happen, the chicken cant be born. It has to be a birth defect that makes it a chicken. So the defected egg came out of a weird species and there is the chicken.

Yes, the Chicken Egg came before the first chicken. Eggs are technically named for what is in them, not what laid them. Today, that doesn't usually matter as both are one in the same, but at some point the line was drawn between chicken and its closest relative. The closest chicken relative laid a chicken egg, but was itself not a chicken. The animal that hatched from that egg was the first live chicken, hatched from a chicken egg that was not laid by a chicken. Evolution can be so cool sometimes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Oct 28 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yes, the Chicken Egg came before the first chicken. Eggs are technically named for what is in them, not what laid them. Today, that doesn't usually matter as both are one in the same, but at some point the line was drawn between chicken and its closest relative. The closest chicken relative laid a chicken egg, but was itself not a chicken. The animal that hatched from that egg was the first live chicken, hatched from a chicken egg that was not laid by a chicken. Evolution can be so cool sometimes.

Way to kill the thread and answer the question :( Might as well lock it now...I vote we catch, roast, and eat Eagle for killing this thread!

Nah, it was basically answered already. Actually, bob gave the first real answer, roast him!

You should see how I kill the glass half full/half empty one.

If you were in the process of filling it, then its half full

If you were in the process of emptying it, then its half empty

If its just there....well, I'm a scientist, it is currently at 50% of its rated capacity.

Alright, get the rope, we'll hog tie him and mail a part of him to as many UV members as possible. Cooking styles are recommended but not limited to:

1) Old fashion BBQ (Coal not Propane)

2) Slow boil (Add kosher salt)

3) Marinade and cooked thoroughly at 350°F

Enjoy!

Definitely the egg. Yes, it had to be laid by a very chicken-like bird, but it was the fertilization of the egg that made it the first chicken egg. Even though it did not come from a chicken, it will produce one, and is therefore that chicken's egg.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Oct 28 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nah, it was basically answered already. Actually, bob gave the first real answer, roast him!

You should see how I kill the glass half full/half empty one.

If you were in the process of filling it, then its half full

If you were in the process of emptying it, then its half empty

If its just there....well, I'm a scientist, it is currently at 50% of its rated capacity.

yes i gave the same answer as you, you are just more educated and can word it more properly. However, i bet you will taste a whole lot better than i do. Now we need you to solve the tree falling in the woods theory.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bob @ Oct 30 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

yes i gave the same answer as you, you are just more educated and can word it more properly. However, i bet you will taste a whole lot better than i do. Now we need you to solve the tree falling in the woods theory.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Yes, the existence of sound is not dependent upon the existence of something to hear it. The fall still creates a compression wave which propagates outward from the site in all directions. Irregardless of someone hearing it, this still occurs. We know it still makes a sound not because we have to hear it, but because we know we don't. The hearing of the sound is not a critical juncture in its existence and thusly, the presence of an observer is not required.

Simple, the tree falls, the sound occurs because you don't matter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eaglewonj @ Oct 31 2008, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Yes, the existence of sound is not dependent upon the existence of something to hear it. The fall still creates a compression wave which propagates outward from the site in all directions. Irregardless of someone hearing it, this still occurs. We know it still makes a sound not because we have to hear it, but because we know we don't. The hearing of the sound is not a critical juncture in its existence and thusly, the presence of an observer is not required.

Simple, the tree falls, the sound occurs because you don't matter.

Epic. Copypasta? :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Llethander (Panda) @ Oct 31 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Epic. Copypasta? :D

I don't need to copy and paste that. I am smart enough to spew that useless crap off the top of my head. Product of a Master's Degree with 6 years of college invested.... useless crap piles up, I'm just cleaning out the closet.