Sign in to follow this  
Eggcracker

Post Your Rig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Oct 19 2008, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm surprised you've had any luck with Biostar, Succulent... They're a very low-budget company, much like Jetway, but on a slightly higher tier.

Oh wow you're lost on the times. Right now Gigabyte, Biostar and Foxconn are the best brands. ASUS for some reason is putting out shit. DFI boards are still unstable. MSI boards are alright but they have absolutely no customer support. And ECS is also starting to put out some great boards. The whole PC market has changed dramatically in the last couple years. Hell, even ASRock is putting out some good boards. Jetway is still shit, though.

On newegg go on any of the price range tiers and filter search with "best rating"...the tops are as stated.

Cuz the noobs that don't know how good a mobo is supposed to be will rate it high. Maximum Pc, And Pc world never said biostar was good, they said it was the most unstable mobo out.

Brand name has a lot to do with it.

There's a lot of "off-brand" products that work just as well as a renown brand.

How, in your words, is a mobo supposed to be?

People review items so other consumers that are skeptical about buying a product can reassure them that it's a quality product and are getting their money's worth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Oct 19 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Cuz the noobs that don't know how good a mobo is supposed to be will rate it high. Maximum Pc, And Pc world never said biostar was good, they said it was the most unstable mobo out.

They've been praising them for about 2 months now. Biostar's lowest end Tforce board supports 2000fsb.

EDIT: oh lmao, I thought you said Techpowerup and anandtech. Who the fuck refers to maximum pc and pc world?

And if you can supply proof that they said it was the most unstable board out there, I'll believe it I guess. Except that that webpage doesn't exist. Biostar and ECS have had the crown for most stable boards for about 6 years now.

As for the stability of my $50 board, It boots into windows at 510fsb (2040hz bus speed) and will run until windows corrupts itself before I get a BSOD or Crash/restart.

you're just being ignorant. Thats like saying hyundai makes shit cars when they are rated #1 for 2008 and Q1 2009 in initial quality and PPV percentage

Operating System: Windows Vista Business

System Manufacturer: built at home

System Model: Built at home

Processor: Intel® Quad Core™ CPU @ 2.44GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: Corsair 2048MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0c

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Audio: Realtek HD Audio output

Mouse: Logitech G5

Motherboard: Asus P5B-VM SE

Speakers: Logitech (crappy end :( )

Mic: Logitech

Other: Razor Tarantula

mine is crappy.... windows rated mine as 5.3 :(

my computer cant play counter strike, do i have a good system? :P

but yeah, im poor so i cant waste money on a comp. that can play games, have more importent stuff to spend my money on........i fuckin hate being poor.

have u tried getting some of stuff that supposably helps ppl with low income?

not to be mean or anything. but do you by chance smoke or drink, cause that would be one reason you wouldn't have much cash to save.

Guest UrbanerMezei

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Revolution @ Oct 23 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If it's playable and it's the only game you want to play then yes your system is fine.

From a hardware point of view the source engine is hardly a bench mark anymore.

LAPTOP

Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32-bit

System Manufacturer: Dell

System Model: Inspiron 1525

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz T5550

Memory: 2Gigs Samsung 667

DirectX Version: 10.0

Video Card: Intel 965 128MB

Audio: SigmaTel HD

Mouse: Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000, Dell Touchpad

Motherboard: Not Sure

Speakers: Built-in

Mic: Built-in

Other: 15.4" Display, 8 in 1 card reader, VGA output, HDMI output(with audio), HD TV output, Built-in Wireless-G, Ethernet, Dial-up Modem.

Hard Disk- WD 250Gig @ 5,400 RPMs,

Vista Rating-

Processor 4.8

RAM 4.5

Graphics 3.5

Gaming Graphics 3.5

Primary Hard Disk 5.3

Overall- 3.5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Revolution @ Oct 23 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but yeah, im poor so i cant waste money on a comp. that can play games, have more importent stuff to spend my money on........i fuckin hate being poor.

If you can drive take a stroll around a high-end neighborhood during bulk trash day. People WILL throw out towers with usable parts in them...salvage what's alive and build your own rig. On average you'll wind up with a pretty low-end computer but I'd be surprised if it couldn't run CSS. If you're lucky you'll find a tower with a Windows CD key on it too! That's a quick 80 bucks right in your pocket.

I built a mid-range system for 450$, for my freinds, not including windows. It has Intel E7300, Gigabyte mobo, Evga 8600GTS, 1GB Corsair ram, 160GB HD, New Sweet looking case for 50$. And a 500watt psu.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Oct 25 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I built a mid-range system for 450$, for my freinds, not including windows. It has Intel E7300, Gigabyte mobo, Evga 8600GTS, 1GB Corsair ram, 160GB HD, New Sweet looking case for 50$. And a 500watt psu.

pics and links or it didn't happen.