Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rayne

Forum Activity

Serious discussion here folks.

I've noticed that forum activity has wayned somewhat over the years. They're now at an all time low.

Discussion topic:

What change / idea would make you want to visit the forums and post daily?

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest, we already ruin everything else we touch. Let's keep this friendly, positive and aim forwards instead of back. 

GO!

Truthfully the forums lost alot of their value due to discord being a much faster and easy way to communicate with everyone. It would take staff using the forums more to revive them. So forums would still be good for clan business but in terms of social interaction idk how the forums could beat discord

We have a very vibrant SUPER EUROBEAT thread check it out

idk i think we can bring it back still, there is more time depth on the forums, more customization (my sig is fucking swag) we were turbo dead across all platforms in 2019, I still think its unfair to claim the forums are dead because they have been revived at a slower rate than discord (the teamspeak/ventrilo replacement).

as for the servers, I try :( i have made suggestions that have been pinned in general:

https://www.strawpoll.me/21201736

doesn't beat a separate thread tho

I that forums in their current state is just a log of rank apps and event posts so we can properly do rank apps. I think it would take more people wanting to share more things / having discussions on certain topics such as this one in order to bring it back more.

Like others have said, I think Discord really just made the forums not as fun, and with the lack of server populations, there's not many new people coming to the forums.

Personally, I still prefer the forums over discord. Discord is nice for short conversations, but even a "long" post like this, just doesn't seem fit for discord. Plus with discord I feel it's easy to get lost in the chat and miss a bunch of messages, unlike the forums where I feel I can reply to a topic (like this one) and if someone replies to me, I can comeback whenever and respond, to where discord there's just so much going on I feel like.

And like Carl said, I like the customization, profile, and etc. that the forum gives you.