Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

New Build (Opinions)

What's up everyone? Been a while I know.

Well guys, I have about 2.5 months left of my deployment, and when I get back I'm wanting to do a major upgrade/whole new build for a PC setup. As most of you know, my last build the processor was pretty much garbage. It got through decent for me, but I'm definitely now looking to upgrade and make it even more awesome.

Here is what I'm looking at going for: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItsIronic/saved/#view=nLBL23

I know it's gonna be a little more pricey with the RGB picks, but I want it to look cool too and I'm not necessarily worried about it being a little more expensive. 

I'm wanting a 3070, however currently they're out of stock so if it's not in by the time I order all the parts when I'm closer to being back home, I can just use my 2060 Super (unless there's another good alternative ya'll would recommend) I currently have. I'll also (and please post below if you know some) be looking at any good upcoming Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals that may be put out.

Let me know what ya'll think, and I hope to start gaming with ya'll again when I get back home, as it's sort of hard to do right now with my schedule and time difference.

5 minutes ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Yeah well unless I'm just completely wrong and don't know what I'm talking about, the PC my friends helped me build above is stronger than the one you linked. I want to go back to Intel, haven't been the biggest fan of AMD. At the time of last year, realistically the PC was perfectly fine for me, however now I want to get into streaming more and getting the new Call of Duty and such so that's why I didn't upgrade then, but now deployment bank is helping me out and I'm looking forward to getting a huge upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

That was me mainly poking fun at you for last year. Glad to see you've realized the mistake though.

Haha nah I figured man. Like I said I wasn't trying to be a complete dick last year, I already had the parts ordered and shit and realistically the computer was doing absolute fine for me, however up until I wanted to start streaming then the CPU just bottlenecked the hell out of it lmao.

But now looking to get a way better one with the extra money I've been saving up haha.

jokes aside:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z6DMvf

the i9-9900kf is basically at the end of it's lifecycle (LGA1200 replaced LGA1151 this year) already and i doubt you're ocing so the 10700k has a higher base and boost clock off the bat
might as well go full rgb with an aio cooler
rgb ram
corsair psus are hit or miss quality evga is pretty much the best in reliability in my experience
i still don't know why you need an optical drive in 2020

Sweet, thank you!

9 hours ago, Taboo said:

i still don't know why you need an optical drive in 2020

I think that was just left on there from my last build, ment to take it off.

With the big help of Taboo, here is my final (most likely) build I will be getting:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItsIronic/saved/nLBL23

Main thing subject to change will be the graphics card, I may have to use my 2060 Super till either more 3070's come in stock, or a newer graphics card is in stock and takes my attention.

Thank you to everyone!