Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfshade

Jailbreak Recommendations

Alright, so Im pretty sure the past 3 Jailbreak Advisors have all made one of these but, I still think its a good idea so i'm going to make on aswell.

So first of all is maps, I am going to be removing maps that simply kill population, Any suggestions of maps to get rid of will be taken into account.

CLOUDS So I want to hear everyone's opinion on clouds because I believe it is the most controversial map in our community. I want to know whether to keep it as updated clouds Or go back to the old version, I have thought about removing the map but I think the map is too popular among other community's to straight up remove it.

Rules And general recommendations- Last of all any rules or changes you think that should be added to our server that you think would benefit new players coming to the server and making them want to stay! 

Would like to see if the old clouds does better on the server plus an updated shop with more new things would be nice

I personally dislike clouds alot. I think some shop updates would be good but keep items limited to avoid excessive download times. I think limiting the number of maps would be great. I personally feel like the lineup we had from 2014 to 2015 was really great with maps like texture, lego, obama, the classic minecraft, tower(my personal favorite),jungle etc

I also agree with the shop. Having the shop was something to really look forward to, which was nice. Even if it was a shitty grenade skin with a trail. 

I personally disliked the new clouds but the old clouds also had problems where the door would get stuck or it would kill you if you didn't shoot the sign. 

Honestly I kind of want to see something to speed up rounds at the end half. Like if you're going to rebel, rebel. Don't camp in a vent or a secret spot waiting for someone to walk by.

This makes the rounds dull and boring seeing time run out 4 rounds in a row. 

I liked the gangs plugin where you can start your own crew (Disliked the perks it gave though making things unfair for newer players.)

I've also been thinking about how easy it is to rebel. Say there are 8 t's and 4 ct's, usually only about 2 of the ct's are paying attention. The warden and someone else. As soon as the warden dies the round is over. All of the other t's rebel. ct's immediately go to vents because everyone is rebelling. Then it ends up being TDM until there's one t alive camping vents.

Just a thought but maybe having the ratio from 1:2 to 2:3 could help things. If there we're 6 ct's to 9 t's. Rounds could continue on to where the T's have a chance to enjoy the map rather than chaos breaking out immediately. I know some of you will say that having more ct's will get rid of rebelling completely but also consider that there are maps where cells have literal vents in them. If the server has 30 people on, normally it isn't 1 person per cell. It's 2-3. So thats 2-3 people easily rebelling. 

I also agree with a smaller rotation. Although I do like having a lot of maps. We need to find out which maps are the most underplayed and get rid of the bottom 10-20. If i'm not mistaken we have more than 40-50 maps that normally only a handful get played. 

1 hour ago, Papyrus said:

I also agree with the shop. Having the shop was something to really look forward to, which was nice. Even if it was a shitty grenade skin with a trail. 

I personally disliked the new clouds but the old clouds also had problems where the door would get stuck or it would kill you if you didn't shoot the sign. 

Honestly I kind of want to see something to speed up rounds at the end half. Like if you're going to rebel, rebel. Don't camp in a vent or a secret spot waiting for someone to walk by.

This makes the rounds dull and boring seeing time run out 4 rounds in a row. 

I liked the gangs plugin where you can start your own crew (Disliked the perks it gave though making things unfair for newer players.)

I've also been thinking about how easy it is to rebel. Say there are 8 t's and 4 ct's, usually only about 2 of the ct's are paying attention. The warden and someone else. As soon as the warden dies the round is over. All of the other t's rebel. ct's immediately go to vents because everyone is rebelling. Then it ends up being TDM until there's one t alive camping vents.

Just a thought but maybe having the ratio from 1:2 to 2:3 could help things. If there we're 6 ct's to 9 t's. Rounds could continue on to where the T's have a chance to enjoy the map rather than chaos breaking out immediately. I know some of you will say that having more ct's will get rid of rebelling completely but also consider that there are maps where cells have literal vents in them. If the server has 30 people on, normally it isn't 1 person per cell. It's 2-3. So thats 2-3 people easily rebelling. 

I also agree with a smaller rotation. Although I do like having a lot of maps. We need to find out which maps are the most underplayed and get rid of the bottom 10-20. If i'm not mistaken we have more than 40-50 maps that normally only a handful get played. 

Agree with a lot of points especially underplayed maps me aswell as sakarra went through all the maps today and removed most of the underplayed maps.

1 hour ago, Papyrus said:

Same I think the shop really helped the server we just need to revamp the shop with more than 2-3 expensive ass skins that aren't as nice as other servers / previous skins we have had on the server

I played JB but do not have nearly as much server time as most of yall, however something that would make me not want to play it is the round time associated with the game. I just felt like they would drag out the game and make it stale especially if you got killed fast in the round.  Maybe just something to speed up rounds? and this helps newer players as well. 

Also I don't know if it is like this on our server but rules being listed in a easy way might help new(er) players. 

As others said, round time is a big one. I think looking at what CTs can and cannot do is a big thing too. I remember something I started to see a lot more often in JB was CTs joining who had played on other servers and just start going off on the Ts as they would on other servers as they didn't know our server had so many different rules. This would often get them CT'd and then they'd either leave, or they would stay on T and we'd have a lack of CTs which then made it too easy to rebel and unfairly split. I really think it would be worth it to go look at what some of the currently popular JB servers are doing and maybe incorporate some of their ideas into our server. 

Also, @Wolfshade, please let me know what I can do to assist you. While I love all the sG servers, JB is truly my favorite and I'd love to see you revive it to what it's wonder it once was. Thank you for taking this on.

Will take all posts into consideration with changes that will be made and for @Bulldogs post if any of you would like to help out Mainly would be to just be on everyonce in a while not to much you dont have to sit on it all day like I used too and make sure new players are not being harrased and killed without warning so they can learn to have fun on our server and enjoy themselves. And hopefully stay :)

Any chance of creating a plug-in where it'll hide commands that are spammed or it only shows it client side? Like say people are spamming the slap command, can it only show on your chat or the person slapping you rather than the entire server? It spams chat for everyone currently :(

if its a problem where someone is spamming it that much then maybe they shouldnt have the ability to abuse it