Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Current Gaming Setup

You're too blind by not playing on a laptop.

You legit got scammed by your "friends". 

Also I swear it's been said like a billion times on every computer building thread in existence(at least the ones I've seen), that you can get a pretty powerful computer for 1200-1400

Sorry m8. 

This is entirely sG's fault for being a dead clan with no active forums

i feel genuinely sad ironic got scammed by a friend during his first pc build, a few years ago this wouldn't have happened

hope you learned a lesson on how to research any purchase above $100, and that people you consider friends can still withhold information in order to make a quick buck off of you

27 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

i feel genuinely sad ironic got scammed by a friend during his first pc build, a few years ago this wouldn't have happened

hope you learned a lesson on how to research any purchase above $100, and that people you consider friends can still withhold information in order to make a quick buck off of you

damn i actually feel bad now that ted is the one saying it

why didn’t you just go to discord and ask for advice @Ironic

10 hours ago, Taboo said:

damn i actually feel bad now that ted is the one saying it

why didn’t you just go to discord and ask for advice @Ironic

I asked a few people and they said thay my PC would be pretty dang good and that I was getting a good deal. Even my other friends IRL.

I never heard a single thing about getting scammed or getting a bad deal until you guys started on this thread, all of my other 5-6 friends I've talked to who have build PC's said I was getting a good deal. They did mention the CPU being a little old, but they said it was still pretty powerful and will do just fine. I was never looking for the most powerful thing on the market.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I uploaded the "First Build", and I never got any comments for a few days, then I got @daniel_that said it was "pretty epic" or whatever.

13 hours ago, Sandy said:

You're too blind by not playing on a laptop.

You legit got scammed by your "friends". 

Also I swear it's been said like a billion times on every computer building thread in existence(at least the ones I've seen), that you can get a pretty powerful computer for 1200-1400

Sorry m8. 

Haha man I've been playing on a laptop for like 6 years, this PC is so much better and faster than my laptop FeelsGoodMan. Overall my PC costed about $1300, $1200 if you include the fact I've already sold the old graphics card.

I understand now that I might have gotten scammed a couple hundred bucks (although like I've said before PC part picker said his PC was worth like $700 in total), but I still love this PC. I haven't had any issues and it's still the fastest and best gaming PC I've ever seen and played IRL. I do plan to upgrade in a couple of years, but until I can tell it's not as powerful as I think, I'm gonna stick with it since it's what I got! 

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

until I can tell it's not as powerful as I think, I'm gonna stick with it since it's what I got! 

download cinebench or unigine and post the benchmark results lmao

1 hour ago, Taboo said:

download cinebench or unigine and post the benchmark results lmao

I'll do it in a few days when I'm home.

I mean my biggest things is I just wanted to be able to play my favorite games at decent settings with high fps, and currently I can play the highest resolution settings with about 120 FPS on average with no lag.

3 hours ago, Tortoise said:

120 fps in what game? at what resolution?

if you say csgo at 1080 you are diluted. 

Only three games I've really done so far is CSGO at Ultra settings with 120 FPS, and then Dead By Daylight at Ultra settings, but I assume that game is capped at 60 because even with lowering the settings I couldn't get any higher.

I've also played Overwatch on the highest settings, don't know exactly what the FPS was, but it wasnt lagging at all.

So far I don't have any other games that require anymore "power".

23 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Only three games I've really done so far is CSGO at Ultra settings with 120 FPS, and then Dead By Daylight at Ultra settings, but I assume that game is capped at 60 because even with lowering the settings I couldn't get any higher.

I've also played Overwatch on the highest settings, don't know exactly what the FPS was, but it wasnt lagging at all.

So far I don't have any other games that require anymore "power".

Decided to try out a Rocket just to see.

Rocket League - Everything to the highest quality, averaged around 200 FPS (Would go depending on the movements obviously from 180-250ish)

On the lowest quality, it stayed around 220-240, I could tell the lowest quality made it a bit smoother, but honestly not by very much and not enough for me to justify playing everything on the lowest quality.

Also I looked online, and I think Dead By Daylight is capped at 60, but I can go into my config on the game codes and change that.

4 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Your 2060 super is literally being bottlenecked by your 8350 and it's a waste, you should be getting well over 250+ fps on ultra.

Well I'll be damned, I didn't know I'm losing about 100 fps because of my CPU lol. Well anyways for the time being, I'm still very happy at the 120 I'm getting. Like I said before this is still the best Gaming PC I've ever owned, so I couldn't tell a difference in the world if my CPU was causing me to lose anything. I do plan on upgrading in the near future, but right now I'm happy with what all I'm getting. Thanks for the help! :D

1 minute ago, Ironic said:

Decided to try out a Rocket just to see.

Rocket League - Everything to the highest quality, averaged around 200 FPS (Would go depending on the movements obviously from 180-250ish)

On the lowest quality, it stayed around 220-240, I could tell the lowest quality made it a bit smoother, but honestly not by very much and not enough for me to justify playing everything on the lowest quality.

Also I looked online, and I think Dead By Daylight is capped at 60, but I can go into my config on the game codes and change that.

Well I'll be damned, I didn't know I'm losing about 100 fps because of my CPU lol. Well anyways for the time being, I'm still very happy at the 120 I'm getting. Like I said before this is still the best Gaming PC I've ever owned, so I couldn't tell a difference in the world if my CPU was causing me to lose anything. I do plan on upgrading in the near future, but right now I'm happy with what all I'm getting. Thanks for the help! :D

so like, February...March?

3 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

so like, February...March?

Maybe of 2021, I'm getting deployed around July time-frame, but when I get back I'll probably do an upgrade.

I find it weird when people play csgo on settings that are not ultra low. High settings in csgo only brings negative consequences even when you can still get 300fps on ultra. Too many extra visuals with high settings that literally gives you a disadvantage in game.

8 hours ago, daniel_ said:

I find it weird when people play csgo on settings that are not ultra low. High settings in csgo only brings negative consequences even when you can still get 300fps on ultra. Too many extra visuals with high settings that literally gives you a disadvantage in game.

It was like that on source as well -dx8 my dudes

Also look at how soon your already replacing your cpu just ask the dude for 100 back lol

Edit: how I imagine ironic

12 hours ago, Sandy said:

Also look at how soon your already replacing your cpu just ask the dude for 100 back lol

Nah, it doesn't bother me. I was planning on upgrading the CPU, case, motherboard, RAM, and fans when I got back from deployment anyway.

I already sold the old graphics card and got $100 for it. I'm not too worried about it tbh, for now the PC runs perfect for what I need, but I'll definitely give it an upgrade after my deployment.

28 minutes ago, daniel_ said:

Ironic is one of the proudest individuals I have ever seen

Bruh no matter how much I get shit on for this PC, it's the best one I've ever owned. It's God-like compared to my past PC and laptop.