Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Current Gaming Setup

What;s up ya'll? Well, after officially building my first Gaming PC and getting all of my equipment to go with it.

Just thought I should let ya'll check it out!

ae4ddf64cdb26ffc7e5d6df3bc404d20.png

Two monitors, mechanical RGB keyboard, Logitech mouse, GTRacing Gaming chair, Xbox, Headphones for the Xbox, Bluesnowball mic (may end up buying a stand and pop filter) and built PC.

PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItsIronic/saved/nLBL23

8 hours ago, daniel_ said:

Looks cool. Kinda funky to have ur primary monitor not centered

Yeah, but doesn't bother me, I just look to the left, and then the right when I'm searching or doing whatever on the second one.

6 hours ago, zebra said:

hes gonna accidentally step and toggle the power switch on his strip

Nah, my legs dont actually go that far haha.

9 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

@Ironic why did u buy a FX-8350 in 2019? Was this a full on new build or a old pc that u added a 2060 to?

Because this is not a great build for the money at all. You could of built a much better pc for even less

It came with the old computer my friend gave me (which I only paid $500 for), him and my other friend recommended not changing out the processor unless I really wanted to because the 8350 is still pretty good. I dont see how I could have made this PC any cheaper with only spending $500 to my friend and getting the case, CPU, Cooler, and motherboard. Those alone is worth over $600, and I only paid $500. Plus I already sold the old graphics card, I sold it to a friend for just $100, and I'm gonna attempt to sell the old power supply and memory too.

Then just all the new parts together was roughly 750ish. I don't see how I could have gone cheaper and still got as good of a PC as mine is, I freaking love it haha!

6 hours ago, Tortoise said:

"I love paying 250$ for a 5 year old CPU" - Ironic, a known clown, 2019

Read above.

Here was my original "First Build" topic I made that explained everything.

6 hours ago, Taboo said:

i think you spent $500 too much on a 7 year old cpu, mobo, and ddr3 ram

I don't know, all the parts on the old PC is still worth more than $500. Never the less, this has been the fastest and best performing PC I've ever seen in person (of course comparing to all my other friends built PC's.).

you replaced everything but the CPU and motherboard (excluding the case) and spent even more on a new set of outdated ddr3 ram. The cpu retailed at $195 when it first came out in 2012 and that motherboard can be bought refurbished for $70, you got scammed my dude

23 minutes ago, Taboo said:

you replaced everything but the CPU and motherboard (excluding the case) and spent even more on a new set of outdated ddr3 ram. The cpu retailed at $195 when it first came out in 2012 and that motherboard can be bought refurbished for $70, you got scammed my dude

That's also not including the old power supply, graphics card, and ram. Also the CPU cooler, which I'm not sure honestly which one I exactly have in the case. I already sold the old graphics card for $100, probably could have gotten more, but I wanted to be nice for my friend.

I mean feel free to use my friends old pcpart picker (that I have linked in my "First Build" topic) and individually find all the parts as cheap as you can and see if it's less than $500, but for everything I got for only $500, I couldn't find a cheaper way. 

Yes I'm only using the CPU, motherboard, CPU cooler, and case, but I already sold the old graphics card (so you can say I only paid $400 now), and I'm probably gonna try to sell the power supply, won't get a whole lot of money from that though haha.

I mean I could have very well wasted maybe $100? Maybe I wasnt looking at the right websites, but from PCPart picker and then looking up the parts on my own, it seemed to me that it was cheaper to buy the PC from him for $500.

Also I'm just curious how the RAM is out of date? I will say it was so much faster than his original one stick of 8GB of RAM lol.

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-Platform-F4-3200C16D-16GVRB/dp/B017RKV4N2?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_6

literally double the speed of your 1600mhz ram

I’m also curious on how much you spent on your 16gb ddr3 ram since the prices on amazon and newegg are stupidly high because no one makes ddr3 anymore lmao

You could have easily have 3xxx series ryzen or a 9600k from intel and a $100-$150 motherboard for less than all the shitty parts you bought from your “friend” if you were going to replace them all anyway.  Pretty scummy of him to even ask for $500 for old parts tbh

On 12/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, Ironic said:

What;s up ya'll? Well, after officially building my first Gaming PC and getting all of my equipment to go with it.

Just thought I should let ya'll check it out!

ae4ddf64cdb26ffc7e5d6df3bc404d20.png

Two monitors, mechanical RGB keyboard, Logitech mouse, GTRacing Gaming chair, Xbox, Headphones for the Xbox, Bluesnowball mic (may end up buying a stand and pop filter) and built PC.

PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItsIronic/saved/nLBL23

You got scammed. This is coming from a dude holding onto his 2014 i5 because fuck spending money. 

8 minutes ago, Taboo said:

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-Platform-F4-3200C16D-16GVRB/dp/B017RKV4N2?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_6

literally double the speed of your 1600mhz ram

I’m also curious on how much you spent on your 16gb ddr3 ram since the prices on amazon and newegg are stupidly high because no one makes ddr3 anymore lmao

You could have easily have 3xxx series ryzen or a 9600k from intel and a $100-$150 motherboard for less than all the shitty parts you bought from your “friend” if you were going to replace them all anyway.  Pretty scummy of him to even ask for $500 for old parts tbh

I can't use that ripjaws, that's DDR4. I did originally buy that, without realizing it was DDR4. I paid $65 for my Vengance. Couldn't find anything cheaper at the time, and no stores nearby had any DDR3 in stock.

Like I said, I cant find anything online that had all his parts together for less than $500. Feel free to do some research and link me to all the parts if you can prove me wrong, but I couldn't find anything. 

At the end of the day, I still got most my parts cheaper (due to the black Friday sells at the time), and my PC is the fastest and best quality I have ever seen IRL. I love it!

1 minute ago, camelFun said:

You got scammed. This is coming from a dude holding onto his 2014 i5 because fuck spending money. 

What exactly did I get scammed on? 

And idk, the AMD so far has worked perfect for me!

I’m not going to try and find all those parts for less than $500 because they’re fucking old. Do you not understand that you overspent for 7 year old outdated parts? Would you buy an old used car for as much as a brand new one? DDR3 is outdated, you overpaid for it because no one makes it anymore which is why you can’t find it anywhere. DDR5 is going to become the new standard in a few years and then you’ll be two generations outdated. I wouldn’t have cared as much if you didn’t upgrade everything else but if you want to bottleneck your build’s performance instead of building brand new with parts from this half of the decade then by all means. 

2 minutes ago, Taboo said:

I’m not going to try and find all those parts for less than $500 because they’re fucking old. Do you not understand that you overspent for 7 year old outdated parts? Would you buy an old used car for as much as a brand new one? DDR3 is outdated, you overpaid for it because no one makes it anymore which is why you can’t find it anywhere. DDR5 is going to become the new standard in a few years and then you’ll be two generations outdated. I wouldn’t have cared as much if you didn’t upgrade everything else but if you want to bottleneck your build’s performance instead of building brand new with parts from this half of the decade then by all means. 

No, I don't understand at all how I "overspent" on all the parts. Looked like a good deal to me and I couldn't find the parts any cheaper than the deal I got. So far the performance from my PC has been amazing, and like I said the best gaming PC I've ever seen in real life.

I do plan to change out the case, CPU, and motherboard my next upgrade, but until I see my performance lacking on this PC (maybe once DDR5 becomes the standard?) I'm just gonna stick with it because I love it :)

Ignorance is bliss I guess. People are spelling it out for you and you’re still in the dark somehow.  If that’s a “deal” to you then my condolences to the money you wasted and congratulations to your friend who got an easy $500 out of you.

Just now, Taboo said:

Ignorance is bliss I guess. People are spelling it out for you and you’re still in the dark somehow.  If that’s a “deal” to you then my condolences to the money you wasted and congratulations to your friend who got an easy $500 out of you.

Ya'll haven't spelled or proved anything. I know the parts were older, but for $500 I couldn't find all those parts together for that cheap. Again, I also already sold the old graphics card for $100. So assuming I dont sell anything else, could you find me a better CPU, CPU cooler, motherboard, and case for less than $400?

I assume you don’t really know anything about computer parts so I’m not going to put in the effort since you won’t understand anyway.

Just now, Taboo said:

I assume you don’t really know anything about computer parts so I’m not going to put in the effort since you won’t understand anyway.

Well thanks for still not proving anything then. 

I don’t need to prove anything. You could literally just go on pcpartpicker and see other builds in your price range and see how little research you actually did. Hell, the frontpage literally has a featured build that has a current year cpu, mobo, and case for around $400. 

14 minutes ago, Taboo said:

I don’t need to prove anything. You could literally just go on pcpartpicker and see other builds in your price range and see how little research you actually did. Hell, the frontpage literally has a featured build that has a current year cpu, mobo, and case for around $400. 

I just did, I can't find a PC for $1300 that's better than the one I have. Well technically you could say my build only costed $1200 now that I sold that old Graphics Card.

I know I don't know as much as most the people here, but word of advice, don't come in arguing stating someone's build is trash, but you won't even simply link me to a build that's better and cheaper than what I did. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see what you're saying and you failing to link me to better cheaper parts/builds doesn't help. Just going "You're dumb, ignorant, dont understand parts, etc." doesn't help.

23 hours ago, Taboo said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NjQTMc

not including windows 10 because you can get it elsewhere for cheaper or free even

peripherals are personal preference.

who the fuck uses an optical drive in 2019

/thread

buying a FX 8350 in 2019 2020 OMEGALUL enjoy the bottleneck

6 hours ago, Sean said:

/thread

buying a FX 8350 in 2019 2020 OMEGALUL enjoy the bottleneck

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-Athlon-200GE/1489vsm592714

I just wanted to add that a $50 cpu has better single core performance over the 8350 lmfao