Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

First Build

Hey guys,

After years and years of only playing on a laptop or my friends computers, I'm finally gonna be putting a build together. Long story short, my good friend is going to create a new build entirely here soon, and since his current build works pretty decent (minus the hard drive being SUPER slow), he's going to sell me his old computer for only $500.

His current build I'll be getting:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bxmdude96/saved/yGT27P

The CPU cooler is just the base cooler, and he didn't know what memory he had, which I'm changing anyway.

My build from his build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItsIronic/saved/#view=23Y3t6

I'm replacing the graphics card, memory, hard drive, power supply, and going to put in new fans. Most of this I'm getting with these Black Friday deals going on. I don't care to have the most powerful thing on the block, but a decent amount of power would be nice. The fans I'm going to go look around in stores because my friend's tower is a little small, so I need to go in store to really look at the sizes and make sure, unless any of ya'll know of any good small CPU coolers and possibly smaller extra fans I can put in.

Let me know what you guys think!

Well, after taking about 3.5 hours to put everything together (correctly lol),my PC is officially built. We ran into an issue where my 16GB of RAM is DDR4, and I didn't know I needed DDR3. So, I'm using my friends one stick of 8GB of RAM for now, and I ordered two 16GB of RAM DDR3 that I'll be replacing in a couple of days. We also ran into the issue of my CPU overheating, but after taking off, cleaning, and then re-placing the fan back on, it is staying around 45 degrees Celsius and doing fine now.

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

16GB of RAM is now installed. Holy cow that RAM makes a big difference, everything loads up so fast lol

That's not the RAM, that's your SSD.

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

That's not the RAM, that's your SSD.

No, even with my SSD and then the only 8GB of RAM, it wasn't super slow, but every now and then it would lag and take a little longer to load things up (usually when doing multiple things). Since I put in the 16GB now, it is so much faster and smoother.