Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yeet

After $2338, My first build is born

I'd like to preface that this is my first ever PC build but also includes the progress of my entire setup as a whole. I really wasn't sure what to expect, was a fairly slow start saving up the money but extremely worth it. Not running half the games I play at an acceptable (to me) image quality VS framerate to my absolute dream build has been mind blowing, being able to experience everything you throw at this rig on their highest settings without so much as a sweat so smoothly and easily has genuinely rejuvenated my experience of playing PC games as a whole. Overall just beautiful and something I've been wanting to get going for awhile. Below I've put together a basic rundown of the project and how much it has cost me. (Pricing will include tax.)

Previous rig:

• AMD RX480 4GB
• Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz
• B250m Bazooka
• 8GB DDR4 RAM (stock is lowest speed)
• 1TB Toshiba HDD
• Thermaltake 600w PSU
• Desk was a temp I made (48in)
• Logitech G403 mouse
• HyperX headphones
• BLUE Snowball desk mic (new headset includes BLUE technology for the mic and a desk mic isn't prominent enough for me personally)
• Cyberpower case

Newly added upgrades:

• EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER XC ULTRA
• Ryzen 3700x (Includes wraith cooler)
• Asus TUFF X570+ WIFI
• G.SKIL DDR4 Ram 3200Mhz 16GB
• Silicon Power 1TB M.2 SSD
• WD Blue 1TB SSD (including SATA cable and mount cost)
• Corsair RM750X PSU
• Auag 55" gaming desk
• VIVO Single arm monitor mount
• Glorious Model o Mouse
• RAZER Mouse Bungee
• Logitech G. PRO X headset
• Aftermarket fans X3

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Breakdown pricing of newly added upgrades in order:

$860
$355
$210
$85
$95
$136
$120
$160
$27
$70
$20
$140
$60

Total spent on setup new setup: $2338

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pre-existing PC Setup/untouched parts

• DX Racer (duh)
• Cyberpower case (literally the only thing I haven't replaced on the rig yet)
• ASUS VG248QE 144Hz 24" Monitor

I used to play on an old laptop stacked ontop of two books and a Cheez-it box (no joke I ran that setup for two years from 2014-2016). Pleasantly surprised how quiet and consistently cool this setup is as well, my old rig was a jet engine with the power of a shopping cart but the heat of the sun

I am still waiting on some of these parts to come in through shipping (none of which are main components, I've already got my rig essentially fully set up) but I will post the end result of everything together in a couple days whenever they come in. Current cable management is enough for me right now as I'm switching everything out of this old case soon. I'm also not bothered by the overall money I've spent like I originally thought, I'm genuinely happy with everything and it's performance compared to where I started. My mindset behind this build is to not be limited because of price or if something seems out of reach and to just purchase what I want.

zFyxlgV.jpg

As you can see I've yet to sync any RGB yet (too busy enjoying Witcher 3 atm). I'm waiting the rest of my things to come in to swap out the old with the new but here is a little sneak peak :).

Looks great man!

I'm looking at possibly building here within the next month or so. I've overall gotten really out of PC gaming and just been sticking to my Xbox Ond and playing with friends, but I really want to get back into the master race world.